Sugar Daddies for Career women

lord_infamous
lord_infamous Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in The Powder Room
How much is it an option for you to let a man break off some major bread to you? Not talking b/f, husband or nothing "concrete".

Maybe this has been happening all along around me, but the older i get, the more women that I find out have basically suger daddies paying major bills for them. Married dudes (to other women), paying morgage, buying all types of ? for them.

These are women that have careers and/or jobs (one makes a very good amount of money and is one of the smartest ppl i know) and basically have older white dudes that have wives and kids paying mortgage and therapist fees and such.

And no judgement, cause hey, get it how you live I suppose, but is this A. common in your circles and B. an option you would consider?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Is it an available option? Naturally.
    Something I'd ever accept? No.

A significant other helping out by their own means is one thing. Seeking out someone to use for the value of their pockets? Never, nor would I even entertain a man who was willing to play that part.
  • lord_infamous
    Empress_ wrote: »
    Is it an available option? Naturally.
    Something ever accept? Not a chance.

A significant other helping out by their own means is one thing. Seeking out someone to use for the value of their pockets? Never, nor would I even entertain a man who was willing to play that part.

Fair enough. I generally come out and ask these women when they share this info (cause i'm nosey) and the general concensus is that these things just "happened" and the money is just a side effect of loving someone who just happened to have a family already.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in life is free.

If I'm going to be paid ? it will be within the confines of a relationship and even then I concern myself with the feeling that I'm not pulling my weight.

• lord_infamous
    Nothing in life is free.

If I'm going to be paid ? it will be within the confines of a relationship and even then I concern myself with the feeling that I'm not pulling my weight.

Pulling your weight financially or some other way? I would guess that these chicks think pulling their weight is providing a younger female relationship to these dudes.

I'm def. not caping for them, just trying to figure it out from both sides. I damn sure don't understand it from the male side, but that might just be me. And on the female side, I always feel that their excuses ring hollow, but maybe i just don't understand...
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Financially, which is probably due to the fact that he makes a substantial amount more than me, even though I bring home a respectable amount myself.

But what's to understand? It's a lightweight form of prostitution to accept financial help from a man that is already spoken for..nothing in life is free, so what is he paying for? Sex? Conversation? Company?

I can't do it.

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renting ? is one of the worlds earliest hustles found in all walks of life from mammals to reptiles
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so a strong black independent career woman would still need a sugardaddy?

kinda goes against what they preach dont it?