• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ yalls moms asking to hold five dollars
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And randomly changes his phone number

What if e does extracurricular activities that cause him to change his numbers constantly?

Like what ?

Like being around the corner

Up the block

Down the street

From where

The pimps, prostitutes . And drug lords meet
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? that, what part of the game is it for your children to be helping YOU out financially? I'm not talking due to old age, I get that, but because of your own POOR financial decisions?

She made her choices in life, why do I have to bail her out for them when I'm HER child?

I mean occasionally, I know ? happens, but if it's consistent because you're making the same bad decisions..it gets old.

But she had my back for a whole year after I had my baby so I still feel obligated to at least loan her some money when she needs it, even though I've easily repaid that debt.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

What if e does extracurricular activities that cause him to change his numbers constantly?

Like what ?

Up the block

Down the street

From where

Ummm all red flags lol
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like what ?

Up the block

Down the street

From where

Ummm all red flags lol

I overstand all that

But sometimes for some dudes it ain't easy to leave that lifestyle
  • Matt-
    Options
    i'm sure most of yalls moms were doing just fine for themselves ever before you ran into a lil money. So why would they need your money so bad now? You are enabling her.

its similar to a parent who lets their 20 something year old child still live at home, laying around the house all night, sleeping all day, not doing ? . They don't want to put 'em out. they love them. but sometimes love means not giving your mamma any more ? money!!!
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I've never given my parents money ....nor have they ever asked.

My man helps his mom out every month.....he has been doing it since before we met....that's their deal and I just stay out if it
  • Kat
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    i'm sure most of yalls moms were doing just fine for themselves ever before you ran into a lil money. So why would they need your money so bad now? You are enabling her.

its similar to a parent who lets their 20 something year old child still live at home, laying around the house all night, sleeping all day, not doing ? . They don't want to put 'em out. they love them. but sometimes love means not giving your mamma any more ? money!!!

Hmm..I could think of why in some cases.

Money don't flow as easily when no longer have dependents...IJS.
  • Matt-
    Options
    "lemme get two hunnid 'til my unemployment come in"
  • Matt-
    Options

Hmm..I could think of why in some cases.

Money don't flow as easily when no longer have dependents...IJS.

why? i'm talking about people who've been out of the house for years. who haven't been claimed as a dependant by their parents in a while.
  • Kat
    Options
    lol @ you owe her your life..? that ? .

She CHOSE to have me just as I CHOSE to have my child. I would never be the type to act like my child is in debt to me because I did what I was supposed to do after I chose to have a kid.

• MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gold tooth/teeth
  • Matt-
    Options

Respect the struggle, my dude.

Besides that, I'd prefer a man that can t take care of his mama as long as it's not in a self sacrificing way. How he treats his mom is a direct correlation to how he would treat me.

people can take care of their mothers in so many more meaningful ways besides sending them money every month. Like I said, sometimes its MORE loving and caring to NOT give them money.
  • Kat
    Options
    lol..these dudes must've really done their mothers bad to be feeling this indebted to them as grown ass men.

Maybe we (women) understand it differently because we are women with children ourselves.

There are hard times/luck and then there are repercussions for continuous poor decision making.

I'm not about to be another outlet for when the money runs low...and I love my mother to death.

• Matt-
    Options
    imo its ok to help out your parent or parents as needs arise. but making monthly payments to them, paying their bills, etc.. is just beyond strange. and your spouse has every right to raise an issue about that. But if its just a girlfriend/boyfriend then it really isn't your place to say what they do with their money.
This discussion has been closed.