**NEW BEYONCE** "BOW DOWN/I BEEN ON"... USMARIN3 GET YO ASS IN HERE

buttuh_b
buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts? Switched it up on this track with all types of different genres. First half of the record is produced by Hit-Boy, second half by Timbaland. She rapping screwed and chopped in the second half. Gave a shout out to Willie D and ? .

Wonder if this is a sign of what her next album will sound like.

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second half is a lot better.. the second half sounds like something A$AP would've rapped over..
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really Beyonce?

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL she's trying to be hood now, that beat change was dope tho
  • Kat
    Just seems regressive, like something she should've released at 22, not 32.

Kinda strange, but maybe it will grow on me.

Can't be mad at the H-town shoutiut.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope. She reppin TX hard.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not looking forward to the ratchets getting a hold of this song ...

The song itself seems a little out of her lane though, probably won't even be on her album whenever it drops
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord this ? gonna be a problem at the clubs with the hoes, that beat change is fire though
  • buttuh_b

Exactly what I thought. Vocally she's nice, musically I don't know what my thoughts are but lyrically this is a major regression from her last album.

Also all that cursing ? isn't really a good way to present yourself when you're on that big of a platform. Like she's trying to follow the whole Rihanna image.
  • buttuh_b
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Must admit, I love this ratchet version of Beyonce.

It's sexy when she's not acting super humble and mousy like people expect her to.

So there's no healthy medium? I hate this type of ? because it makes females think that ? is acceptable.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyonce always had the ratchet strain in her system..this is no surprise for her to make this..but it's cool.
  • buttuh_b
    I find this refreshing to listen to coming from her. I think this is supposed to be targeting her critics/naysayers who have nothing negative to say about her.

If Bey wants to experiment in extremes with her work, I'm all for it. She shouldn't worry about baby-sitting her listeners.

Refreshing? Lmao. Her last album was refreshing. It's ok to make adult music and not act like a teenager. She's too talented of a vocalist to have to resort to that controversial ? . I enjoy extremes too but only when it's someone standing for something. This ? ain't bout ? .

This is on some Jay-Z ? . I hate how these artists feel like they gotta tell us how good they are rather than let the music speak for itself. I miss artists like Michael Jackson.
  • buttuh_b
    Loca I just think it's goofy that you make it seem like an artist has to either be "super humble and mousy" or screaming "? bow down"... Like yo, this is supposed to be R&B not a Westside Connection song b. That broad ain't never been humble and mousy by the way.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't be any more regressive than that Diva (aka A Millie pt.2) ?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the chorus saying "drop a ? on the ground"?
  • buttuh_b
    But lyrically this isn't anything Rihanna hasn't already done. She's not shaking any genre up or being creative. If anything the mainstream genre of R&B is in disarray right now and strayed too far away from its roots. I love creativity. I'm not saying she has to keep it strictly traditional and I even said musically I'm not sure what to think, it might grow on me.. But lyrically the ? is pretty wack. That's R&B's biggest problem right now, they try to mimic current rap music too much.

Her last album was boring and uninspired? Can't take your opinion serious. Her last album was clearly at least her best album since her debut if not her best period based on everything. Song wise, lyric wise, content wise, production wise "4" was the whole package. And it wasn't gimmicky. Didn't know you had to show your ass just to be considered inspired.
  • buttuh_b
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUxaJ-wi7E

See Loca, this is soul music. She harmonized beautifully on this record.
  • Kat
    Lol..Houston radio already all over this track.

I must say if I forget that it's Beyonce the song is hot and true to how we do in Texas.

Just seems out of character for where she's at in life presently.

Doing a video with all the H-town greats would be kinda cool.
  • Kat
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Bruh, I know what soul music is--I'm deep into Marvin, Chaka, SOS band, Hiroshima, the whole nine. That's one of the better songs from the album, yes. But Love on Top, Run the World, Best thing I Never Had, and End of Time were dull as ? to me. She doesn't have to keep doing songs like those forever if she doesn't want to.

Beyonc-phemy.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just a song. I bet she was on sum H-Town ? cuz thats where she's from, threw some ? on wax and told yall to EAT IT lol. So everybody calm down. But i seriously doubt that this is a direction shes goin in.
  • buttuh_b
    But lyrically this isn't anything Rihanna hasn't already done. She's not shaking any genre up or being creative. If anything the mainstream genre of R&B is in disarray right now and strayed too far away from its roots. I love creativity. I'm not saying she has to keep it strictly traditional and I even said musically I'm not sure what to think, it might grow on me.. But lyrically the ? is pretty wack. That's R&B's biggest problem right now, they try to mimic current rap music too much.

*shrugs* The lyrics are tongue and cheek and pretty southern hip hop influenced. What other chick you know now that has chopped and screwed heavy on their track? Rihanna doesn't. However, I love chopped and screwed, and think this is pretty dope for her. She and Timb said they wanted to bring back the 90s feel to her music, which I can see with I Been On, mos def being influenced by UGK and Lil' Troy. The only way I can see if you don't like it is if you just really don't like that influence in the music.
    Her last album was boring and uninspired? Can't take your opinion serious. Her last album was clearly at least her best album since her debut if not her best period based on everything. Song wise, lyric wise, content wise, production wise "4" was the whole package. And it wasn't gimmicky. Didn't know you had to show your ass just to be considered inspired.

Yep, I still think her last album was boring as ? , to be honest. If anything, the songs on that ? were sugary pop, contrived romance lyrics, rushed content, and seemed like it was made for a 40+ crowd drinking tonic in a lounge somewhere. This seems more like her than that. And I loves it.

You're sitting here talking about the second half when clearly I'm talking about the main part of the song. Please, i been listening to Texas music my whole life so dont turn this into that. The main part is as far away from UGK as it gets. Like Tabatha said it sounds like some ? you would expect Nicki Minaj to release.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im surprised she's actually reppin Houston. She never has before.
  • buttuh_b
    Oh yea ? Lil Troy snitchin ass wanna hate on my big brother, he can eat a ? . Shout out to the Screwed Up Click.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruh, I know what soul music is--I'm deep into Marvin, Chaka, SOS band, Hiroshima, the whole nine. That's one of the better songs from the album, yes. But Love on Top, Run the World, Best thing I Never Had, and End of Time were dull as ? to me. She doesn't have to keep doing songs like those forever if she doesn't want to.

Beyonc-phemy.
    Your wordplay didn't go unnoticed ;)
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2nd half is ill I cant even lie
    But its kinda awkward
    Like, Beyonce talkin ? ?

Its definitely different. I cant be mad at her. Shes just adapting to the climate right now in the industry.