Muhammad Ali 1964-1967 Greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of All Times (Who can beat 64-67 Ali)

Options

Comments

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Money can't beat no heavyweights.

Pound for pound he's the most polish boxer ever.

lol that ? lucky he never had to fight a sweet pea
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1964-1967 Muhammad Ali is the Greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of All Times
    Tyson age 18-21 vs. ali '64-'67 a good debate tho - they both thought the other would win...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3_i3mS8r4E
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foreman >>>... there's a reason why Ali had to do that little rope a dope ? . He couldn't box with dude head up so he had to use a "strategy."

P.S. We all saw what happened to Frazier when he tried to box head up with Foreman. Dun got KO'd in the 2nd round LOL.

Foreman made that ? do the river dance
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1964-1967 Muhammad Ali is not the Greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of All Times
    Brown Bomber>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    All I'm going to say is, there's a reason why Ali didn't want that rematch with Foreman. That wackass rope a dope ? wasn't going to work twice. Ali knew what he was doing.

Also, by beating Foreman the first time through use of wack tactics only proves that Ali was a smarter fighter not a better fighter. Y'all over here catching feelings because y'all fell in love with what Ali was inside AND OUTSIDE of the ring. I'm strictly talking boxing skills. Foreman>>>>
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ali all the way. from that 36 and g to that 34 and g. ? we click clack.
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sugar Ray Robinson.
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me be more specific, I think Ray Robinson is the best boxer of all time. But Ali is best heavyweight though
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foreman prolly could've punched through a brick wall....most powerful jab in boxing
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most people...
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont know ? .....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    there's a special place in hell for don king...

right next to bob arum....

them ? the devil..

only reason king wanted mike away from the d'amato camp was to have more 24/7 access to him....

they kept mike in check, and on an allowance, curfew, low tolerance for fuckery..all that...

they kept the beast at bay, and allowed him to be the best fighter he could possibly be..

king, said ? that, and let him self destruct, just to make him more of a celebrity..

I heard that don king bought tyson a house right next to his
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    the most frustrating argument in the ali/tyson debate is when you try to break down the importance of having the perfect corner for a fighter, and how much weight that corner holds.....

mike's corner up until he was 21 was the absolute best and the perfect corner for his entire career.....at 21.. could mike have beaten the GOAT ali???.....it's very debatable....

but the biggest what if in boxing is this....

what if mike's corner that started him in boxing had stayed with him throughout his career??

i don't think your casual fan grasps how much of an immediate difference you see in mikes entire ring demeanor once the corner was fired after the spinks fight.....he just wasn't the same fighter....

all he was after that fight was a brawler....the technician was gone, the fundamentals gone, the conditioning gone, the combos, gone, the speed diminishing, the power underutilized,...his patience, execution, discipline, all gone...everything that made mike..mike...left...

simply because he had a bunch of people around him who had no idea how to to train, nutture, prepaper im or harness and build off his natural talent.. not to mention his fragile mindset...

and don king basically gave him access to all his money whenever he wanted it....

you give any 21year old the keys to the world.. he gonna go ham....

had mike stayed with kevin rooney n them throughout his 20's......

the argument of tyson/ali woulda been completely different,.....

cuz i to this day honestly believe, a rooney trained tyson was the closet thing to an invincible warrior boxing has ever seen..

i just looked at this from his wiki, cuz i was looking for the year rooney left the camp and i saw this...
    Kevin Rooney was the trainer of world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson from the start of his professional career in 1985, up until Tyson's bout with Michael Spinks in 1988. During the period when Rooney was Tyson's trainer, Tyson had a record of 35 fights, 35 wins (31 wins by KO). Rooney was then fired at the urging of Don King, who had successfully urged Tyson to break all ties with the D'Amato stable. Tyson's mobility skills in the boxing ring noticeably declined after Rooney's firing and Tyson suffered his first loss in a professional fight just 18 months after Rooney's departure.

Rooney was the second closest trainer to young Mike Tyson, followed by Teddy Atlas, and is most familiar with ? D'Amato's famed "Peek-a-Boo" boxing style. Rooney has continued to train fighters, working most notably with Vinny Paz who after hooking up with Rooney, won the 154 pound title.

i swear...? like this breaks a ? heart.. nh

damn tyson could have been top 10 doa
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tyson was the most humble champ in the world imo only because he thinks the decline as he got older was all his fault...as a man you take responsibility for your actions...so mike not blaming don...but ? that..

I'M BLAMING DON!!

all the greats recognize that tyson at 21 was not to be ? with.......

besides ali..only great i see giving tyson a run is fraizer.....
    tyson murders foreman's body imo...way too much speed......way too much
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont forget jack johnson. he was a beast too. jack, ali, and mike. man thats a deadly combination.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Prime Ali before the exile that beat Liston and Cleveland Williams Id favor over all heavys.... handspeed of a welter/middle weight but had the power to hurt u with defense and footspeed.... the Ali that banged and faught flatfooted with the rope a dope could lose to Holmes,Tyson in the 80s, and Joe Louis Bowe, Evander, and maybe Lewis but that is it
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Louis
    Rocky Marciano
    Ezzard Charles
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brown Bomber>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Brown Bomber is a great, have power in both hands and can knock you out at any given moment from the 1st to 15 round his power is the same at any time he will knock your ass out, the Ali that fought Foreman and Smoking Joe i say yes Prime Joe Louis will win 1 out of 3 against Ali but 64-67 Ali, Joe Lewis is to slow footed Ali would tag him at will and have Joe face looking ? up by the 5 round, But those damn quick hands and unheard of power in both hand I put it like this if Joe Louis tagged Ali chin any version of Ali flush, Ali aint getting up. Tyson, Foreman power aint go ? on the Brown Bomber
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options
    delet post
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options
    double post
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Jack Johnson on Joe Louis

"That Joe has a lot to learn," Johnson had said. Louis, he claimed, was a "mechanical fighter" who didn't know how to think in the ring, a "clumsy greenhorn" with an "off-balance stance." And Johnson had continually pointed out the flaw that had proved to be Louis's undoing. " Louis holds his left too low," Johnson had warned before the Schmeling fight, "and the first fellow who makes him step back and then throws a right at his chin will knock him out."
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Joe Louis said of Ali in his autobiography (Louis p 260), “Ali’s a great fighter, (but) he made too many mistakes, his hands are down a lot, and he takes too many punches to the body. I know what I’m talking about.”

Joe Louis once described how he would have fought Ali, The Ring, Feb. 1967:

“The kid has speed and there’s no one around to outbox him, and the opponent who tries is in his grave. Especially in the middle if the ring. I’d see to it that Clay didn’t stay in ring center. No. He’d be hit into those ropes as near a corner as I could get him. If he stayed on the ropes he would get hurt. Sooner or later he’d try to bounce off, when he did he would get hurt more. I’d press him, cut down his speed, and bang him around the ribs. I’d punish the body. “? the body and the head will die”, Chappie use to tell me. It figures. Sooner or later he’d forget about that face of his and he would start dropping that left hand like he did against Mildenberger and Chuvalo. Those fellows got their openings by accident, and fouled it up. I would work for it and wouldn’t reckon to miss when it arrived. Cassius Clay is a nice boy and a smart fighter. But I am sure Joe Louis would have licked him.”