Did you get your wisdom teeth taken out?

Options
LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just did a teeth whitening session and as I examined the results I noticed that my bottom wisdom teeth are already in and the tops are starting to come. Not sure if I should waste my time and money to get them removed if they have started to come in without any issues. Anybody make that decision and end up regretting it?

I noticed it's mostly white people that go and do the big surgery to get them removed. Is this just some unnecessary luxury b.s. ... or like a white person thing?

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never got mine removed. If you're not in pain why bother.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They usually remove them due to pain or lack of room when coming in. If you feel aight, then I say cool but best to check with a dentist. I got mine removed when I was 16 as there was no room for them to grow and caused massive pain.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have the room in your mouth and are able to clean them properly it should be okay. But a lot of times people can't get back there and brush sufficient enough and they begin to rot and then rot the teeth closest to them. It'd be best to ask a dentist if you can leave them or not.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if they don't give you any pain, it's best to remove them while you're young. Like the last poster said, if you leave them in, they will start to rot. If you leave these teeth in, the roots will possibly connect to nerves making it harder for the oral surgeon to remove them. If this happens, and you decide to remove them, the removal can cause permanent paralysis of your jaw, tongue and gums.

Get them removed. It will be over before you know it because of they will give you anesthesia. Good Luck! Also, get all 4 removed at once. That way you won't have to worry about them anymore. Plus, some doctors will give you back you teeth if you want. I kept mine!!!
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus, some doctors will give you back you teeth if you want. I kept mine!!!

f824a458-1444-411e-9a6d-11e5dcebbcd7_zpsb0188db4.jpg

8400568b-d0df-41e6-8190-8ae92c67b655_zpsbf328b6f.jpg

The GOAT widsom teeth of Omnipotens Maximus Rex B4 y'all ? 's start that's dried blood and I'm assuming part of the socket they came out of. Those were my tops.

tumblr_lsh2uduqM01r49rtyo1_400.jpg

The bottoms were like the ones in the X-ray. When I got those taken out, the dentist had to break them ? apart some their was nothing left to give, besides where I went to didn't give the teeth to you.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I did, I had to be awake the whole time or my insurance wouldn't have covered it all. Smh, afterwards my mouth was sore and I had to keep a red Solo cup with me to spit blood in. It got about halfway full by the end of the day.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Brushing back there is a ? inconvenience and a half...
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I did, I had to be awake the whole time or my insurance wouldn't have covered it all. Smh, afterwards my mouth was sore and I had to keep a red Solo cup with me to spit blood in. It got about halfway full by the end of the day.

I thought spitting gave you dry socket at least that what's my oral surgeon stressed and he said its one of the worse pains ever.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »

I thought spitting gave you dry socket at least that what's my oral surgeon stressed and he said its one of the worse pains ever.

Yea I was like ? it though, they gave me some pretty good pills so I took my chances.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannnnnn the after effect is woat..been 2 years now and i havent had any problems with my teeth/gums.Dentist said i should be good to go no holes,no cracks,wisdoms gone...just keep coming in every 6-8 months keep flossing brushing on a daily and ill have no problems.
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »

Yea I was like ? it though, they gave me some pretty good pills so I took my chances.

Just like a ? . ...lol
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIgES73BbDQ

What you have to look forward to.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only once because it was giving me pain. Thank ? I didn't have to have it surgically removed.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah. 1st one was hurting me, 2nd one wasnt (but I got out of a college final to get them removed. 3rd one hurt like hell, just tapping it caused pain. 4th is still there.

its really not that bad. they to do like 3 tugs and out it comes. youre so numbed all you feel is the movement. most men dont even get swollen mouths nh
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no but there growing really ? weird and its scaring me liek sideways or some funny ?
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    just had mine taken out maybe a month ago all four, had a ? awake the whole time so I felt all the pulling heard the cracking and blood. Had a ? face looking like Alvin
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I just went to see a dentist a month ago
    he showed me x-rays of my top wisdom teeth - they're comin in horizontally. He says if it continues he's gonna take em out...

? I dont wanna pay for that ? ..
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i had them ? pulled out when i was in the military at bootcamp

they just numbed my grill and yanked them ? out like some weeds in your yard

afterwards whenever i started talking to someone they would tell me im drooling blood all over my uniform and ? , ? was talking like sloth from the goonies for about 2 days.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pulled one out with a fork, it was badly decayed and I was too broke to go to the dentist at the time. luckily the rest grew in straight.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Damn ? , where were you at? Bangladesh? Cambodia? or some ? . This is America, and you can go get free dental care at the clinic were the intern dentists do their training at? SMDH at ? doing oral surgery with flatware like he's on some MacGyver ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when I got braces.. they removed the 4 widsom teeth ..looking back the big ass needles injected in my mouth pinched after that it was done in like 5 min...I said that's it? but my mouth was full of blood lol for like 2-3 days it was full of cotton swabs.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mine came in relatively easy compared to others...they only swole up while I ate for like 2 weeks then that was it...i was like 18 or 17 I think
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I removed them myself.