The 2013 New Orleans Saints Off-season discussion thread

Options
caddo man
caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
This thread is for all discussion about our beloved New Orleans Saints. It rides until the pres season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4tjFsSPjig

Corny but whatever!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• caddo man
    Options
    http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2013/03/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_51.html#incart_river

Use this link to look at the Sean Payton press conference. He hits on Drew Brees last year. The defense and free agency concerns.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole defensive front needs to be revamped.

If we running the 3-4 we need to either draft a good nose tackle or look for one in free agency.

Another a linebacker or two and a safety wouldn't hurt either.

Any picks or anything left after that I'd get the best offensive lineman available.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harper gone yet? Thats all I want is for that ? to be gone
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harper gone yet? Thats all I want is for that ? to be gone

Either he needs to be traded or he needs to restructure his contract. No way he sh't be getting paid 7mil a year. If they serious about signing Nnamdi, a OLB and possibly gettin a LT in FA thats the first person that need to take a paycut so we can do so.
  • caddo man
    Options
    I see them going either OLB or DT in the first round.
    LT for the 3rd round.
    Safety for the 4th round
    Best player available after that. Nnamde I see going to 49ers for more money. So it will be Lewis, P-rob, and Greer back in their man coverage. If Nnamde does come to the Saints. I say trade P-rob for a second round pick and go safety in the second round.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I see them going either OLB or DT in the first round.
    LT for the 3rd round.
    Safety for the 4th round
    Best player available after that. Nnamde I see going to 49ers for more money. So it will be Lewis, P-rob, and Greer back in their man coverage. If Nnamde does come to the Saints. I say trade P-rob for a second round pick and go safety in the second round.

We gotta keep PRob cuz Greer stats hurt.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I'm glad we resigned Junior.

I see him fooling this year.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    7 mill a year?

? that.

Drop that ? ASAP.

We can give Ed Reed that.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope they suck ass just like they did last year.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    7 mill a year?

? that.

Drop that ? ASAP.

We can give Ed Reed that.

Only reason....they can't really cut him is because the way his contract set up...it would only save us 1mil cuz 6mil or it is dead money. Only way is to restructure like Vilma & Smith. There is no dead money next season tho...if he don't restructure this offseason I say cut that fool next season and save bout 7mil in cap room.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    If he don't restructure I'll cut him anyways. Ain't like he make plays back there anyways.

Huff out there too.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Chris Ivory can kick rocks right now. I think Loomis put that 2nd round tender on him to be slick hoping he would be picked up by now.

I hope is though. Too many replacements in the draft that can do his job and block plus catch out of the backfield.

• caddo man
    Options
    Linebacker Victor Butler coming to New Orleans on Thursday to visit Saints

The New Orleans Saints will host free-agent linebacker Victory Butler on a visit Thursday, according to a league source. The Saints are looking for outside linebackers as they convert to a 3-4 scheme under defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

Butler, who is 6 feet 2 and 245 pounds, played under Ryan with the Dallas Cowboys. The 25-year-old had 25 tackles and three sacks last season. He was a fourth-round pick by the Cowboys out of Oregon State in 2009.

CBSSports.com first reported the news of his visit.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's good Saints fam, I'm ready for the season so we can stick it to Roger Goodell ? ass!
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Bulter has speed.

And we need that at the position.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to find a way to trade down to 18 and get more picks. The guys that we really want wont be there at 15 so screw it.
  • caddo man
    Options
    The New Orleans Saints entered free agency with very little cap room to sign free agents. But General Manager Mickey Loomis has managed to ink cornerback Keenan Lewis and tight end Benjamin Watson while making serious runs at outside linebacker Victor Butler and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha by being shrewd with his cap dollars.

After last week's signings, the Saints are unofficially about $2 million under the salary cap.

Lewis signed a five-year deal worth up to $26.3 million ($10.5 million in guarantees, including a $6 million signing bonus). Because Lewis' first-year base salary is $1 million, he'll only count about $2.2 million against the 2013 salary cap.

Meanwhile, Watson's three-year contract is worth $4.95 million, including a $1.2 million signing bonus, according to ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas. Watson's base salary is slated to be $950,000, leaving his 2013 cap hit at about $1.35 million.

According to Yasinskas, Watson's 2014 salary jumps to $1 million and he has a $250,000 roster bonus and a $50,000 workout bonus. Watson's salary will be $1.2 million in 2015, and he'll also have a $250,000 roster bonus and a $50,000 workout bonus.

Yasinskas also reported the salaries of receiver/special teams captain Courtney Roby and linebacker Ramon Humber, both of whom re-signed one-year deals last week. Roby will earn $905,000. Because the Saints designated Roby as a veteran minimum benefit player, his cap figure for this year will only be $555,000. And Humber's deal is worth is worth $740,000, although he'll only count $550,000 against the cap.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Loomis make that cap work magic.
  • caddo man
    Options
    So according to NFL network. Nnamdi is picking from the Saints or the 49ers.
    He needs to remember his best year were with Ryan.

The Saints have a backup plan just in case. Reportedly looking at Tracy Porter again.

And I have a feeling the first round pick may be NT. just have a feeling.
  • caddo man
    Options
    The Victor Butler tour continues with the Dallas Cowboys free agent linebacker visiting the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday but leaving without signing. He now has the known interest of the New Orleans Saints, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers and Eagles. Philly.com
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I know we got Nnamdi on our radar.

But I think we should be going after Huff.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huff might not be a bad idea

• Shizlansky
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

Huff might not be a bad idea

He can play Safety and Corner. Harper can't play neither.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Well there goes that.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    ? Roger for taking our second round pick.