The 2013 New Orleans Saints Off-season discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our offensive line looks flabby and sick thus far.
  • Crude_
    Options
    Our defense looks and pursues much better.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our pass rush is better but Harper gets beat to easy
  • Crude_
    Options
    Stills and Toon have impressed me.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really hope Tanner makes the team
  • Crude_
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    I really hope Tanner makes the team

Its kinda hard not to cheer for guys like him.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    Colston, Moore, Stills, Toon, Roby, Tanner.

I think we can keep 6 WRs.

If we keep 5 I'll go with Tanner over Roby
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve Breaston may not make to the practice squad.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Wasn't Breaston cut already?
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    Don't wish injury on anybody but........Will Smith going down might be a blessing in disguise.

Lewis was getting cooked all game....did not like that ? . Way to much empty space in the middle of the field on defense too.

I liked what they did when they settle down and they were able to get some pressure on the QB especially Cam And Glenn Foster...who better make the squad...period.

Andy Tanner really deserves to make this team he's been on the PS forever and has done nothing but catch everything thrown to him. Its obvious he can be the next Moore not Stills. Stills is gonna be a more reliable Devery/Meachem/Morgan type.

Humber needs to get run at the ILB position. He's done better IMO than Hawthorne this preseason and he aint gettin paid near as much.

PT is still a beast hands down....Ingram look like he can flourish now that Payton is back.

Evans is clearly the heart of the OLine cuz that back up was trash. If Evans is in the game them sacks and that pressure up the middle on Brees is NOT happening.

In all honesty I want to see what a Jordan/Hicks/Foster DLine can do. I'm not too high on Bunkley. Rotate Hicks & Jenkins & NT and see that they can do.

Vaccaro needs to start...nuff said....
  • jee504
    Options
    Don't wish injury on anybody but........Will Smith going down might be a blessing in disguise.

Lewis was getting cooked all game....did not like that ? . Way to much empty space in the middle of the field on defense too.

I liked what they did when they settle down and they were able to get some pressure on the QB especially Cam And Glenn Foster...who better make the squad...period.

Andy Tanner really deserves to make this team he's been on the PS forever and has done nothing but catch everything thrown to him. Its obvious he can be the next Moore not Stills. Stills is gonna be a more reliable Devery/Meachem/Morgan type.

Humber needs to get run at the ILB position. He's done better IMO than Hawthorne this preseason and he aint gettin paid near as much.

PT is still a beast hands down....Ingram look like he can flourish now that Payton is back.

Evans is clearly the heart of the OLine cuz that back up was trash. If Evans is in the game them sacks and that pressure up the middle on Brees is NOT happening.

In all honesty I want to see what a Jordan/Hicks/Foster DLine can do. I'm not too high on Bunkley. Rotate Hicks & Jenkins & NT and see that they can do.

Vaccaro needs to start...nuff said....

Couldn't have said it better...dope analysis
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    @ProFootballTalk 1m
    Bad news for the Saints -- LB Will Smith is expected to be out for the year with a knee injury suffered Sunday against the Texans.

Like I said before....it might be a blessing in disguise...give that roster spot to a younger....faster OLB....
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont have an opinion one way or another on the defense. Ready to see how they perform when it matters.
  • caddo man
    edited August 2013
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Wasn't Breaston cut already?

Im all f-up.
  • caddo man
    Options
    20130825_jla_ac6_371.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Caption: Chill bro, I got this!
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iight talked to that boy Keenan....he was by my cousin gettin roasted for gettin roasted

Basically said if u kno Rob Ryan history he a man defense type of coacch....and they ran zone a lot to not show that many looks for week1

He also made it a point that it was just preseason and it was mostly in the 2 minute drill....I still let that ? have it
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    345mo06.jpg

Our future at WR.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Man Andre Johnson turned him around on one play and I swear I heard Benny Hill music in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm very concerned with Keenan going into the season. If Vaccaro starts we can't have Malcolm Jenkins AND Keenan Lewis both being the weak links in the secondary. Not with the pass rush being questionable because of all these injuries.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    New Orleans Saints trade for San Francisco 49ers linebacker Parys Haralson, source says

The New Orleans Saints have responded quickly to the loss of linebacker Will Smith by trading for San Francisco 49ers outside linebacker Parys Haralson, a league source confirmed Monday night.

The 49ers will receive a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft for Haralson if he makes the Saints roster, according to the Sacramento Bee.

The Saints have had a run of injuries to their linebacker corps, with Victor Butler and Smith lost for the season. They are currently without Martez Wilson (elbow) and Junior Galette (unspecified leg injury).

Their inside linebackers have also taken a hit, with Jonathan Vilma out for an unknown length of time after having knee surgery.

The Saints have tried to stop the bleeding by adding the 29-year-old Haralson, an eight year veteran and former starter for the 49ers. Haralson was a full-time starter for the 49ers between 2009-11, missing only one game in that time span.

He missed all of last season with a torn triceps, which landed him on injured reserve before the regular season started. The 6 foot, 255 pound Haralson has been working his way back this summer, playing 51 snaps in the preseason with a team-high two sacks.

He is the highest-graded 49ers defender so far this preseason, according to Pro Football Focus. However, he fell down the depth chart behind rookie Corey Lemonier and second-year man Cam Johnson and was placed on the trade block this week.

Haralson was a fifth round selection by the 49ers in the 2006 NFL draft. He has 21 1/2 career sacks, three forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and 145 tackles.
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/new_orleans_saints_trade_for_s.html

I've said it twice now....maybe a blessing in disguise....you getting a pure 3-4 OLB that can cover the flat and is a beast against the run. Instead of having Will Smith who was basically limited to only rushing the passer. And though he might have been a backup in SF its because that position is really deep there. And lets face it.....the 49ers backups >>>>>>>Saints backups and maybe even starters....

For just a 7th round pick that's a steal.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Here is what 49ers blogger David Fucillo has to say about Haralson:

Although the 49ers have some great young talent at outside linebacker, it is still disappointing to see Haralson leave. He was always a solid guy on the roster. He sat out last year with a torn triceps muscle, but before that, he was a key part of Aldon Smith's transition to outside linebacker. Haralson played in the base defense, and Aldon came on in pass rush situations. This was able to happen in part because Haralson was solid against the run, and able to give the 49ers just enough in platooning with Aldon.

Prior to that, Haralson even managed some solid pass rush numbers when the 49ers were struggling to figure out a defensive identity. He was never a dominant pass rusher, but he was solid.
  • jee504
    Options
    I'm hoping this is our WR corps.

Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Preston Parker, Nick Toon, Andy Tanner, Kenny Stills.

No disrespect to Roby but Parker and Tanner need to be on this roster.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    We don't need 6 WRs

5 is more then enough. Give that roster spot to someone on the Dline, that's where we need depth at.