Depth at LB is always great.

That ball got speed too.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is will smith still on our team.

I rather have Ellis, he can probably play DE in a 3-4 better
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like will smith on the team. it is Vilma that is the odd man out to me.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Why is will smith still on our team.

I rather have Ellis, he can probably play DE in a 3-4 better

Man........

? Sedrick Ellis!
  • caddo man
    Despite a published report that the New Orleans Saints have signed free agent defensive lineman Kenyon Coleman, a league source said the Saints haven't signed the former Dallas Cowboys player.

Coleman visited with the Saints but a deal hasn't been reached.Coleman is familiar with new Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, having played for him in Dallas and in Cleveland. He was a 15-game starter for the Cowboys in 2011 and appeared in seven games with five starts last season.

The 33-year-old Coleman, 6 feet 5 and 298 pounds, is viewed as a 3-4 defensive end who's a better run stuffer than pass rusher. In his 11 seasons, Coleman has registered 268 tackles but only 13 ½ sacks.

A former fifth-round pick of the Oakland Raiders in 2002, Coleman's best season came with the Browns in 2010 when he had 50 tackles and 2 ½ sacks.

The Saints, who have signed cornerback Keenan Lewis and outside linebacker Victor Butler during this free agent signing period, continue to try and revamp their defense after yielding an NFL record 7,042 yards last season.

Although the report of Coleman's signing was premature, the source said a deal could be reached in the future.

They are trying to bolster the run with this signing. If they sign him.

You have Cam Jordan, Will smith, Akiem Hicks, Broderick Bunkley, and ???
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hearing we actually have strong interest in taking Tavon Austin with the 1st pick. If we do that I'll break my television.
  • caddo man
    edited March 2013
    Hearing we actually have strong interest in taking Tavon Austin with the 1st pick. If we do that I'll break my television.

I am actually cool with that. I some point we need to start thinking about life without Brees or at least making his life easier. If they start putting more real playmakers around him he may be able to play that whole contract out.

But real talk that first pick needs to be LT, NT, or OLB.
  • Shizlansky

I said bout two weeks ago that we would draft him.

S.P. and Loomis always stick to their board and always draft best available and never for need.

I would love that pick.

Colston, Jimmy, Moore, Morgan, and Austin.
    Any combo of them on the field is a good look. Plus Austin can fill Moore role cuz he's due to mis 3 or 4 games a year.

Our offensive looks different when we don't have that slot player to work with.

• ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been two weeks and Nnamdi still hasn't made a decision? ? must not want to play next year. ? ain't that that hard to figure out who you want to play for.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been two weeks and Nnamdi still hasn't made a decision? ? must not want to play next year. ? ain't that that hard to figure out who you want to play for.

I say ? him, we don't need him he ain't really did ? in Phila anyway, he wants to get more money and it seems like San Francisco is willing to throw it at him, let him go and go after someone else he taking too damn long to make a decision.
  • caddo man
    After taking the weekend to mull the contract, former Cowboys defensive end Kenyon Coleman has signed with the New Orleans Saints, according to a source. Coleman agreed to terms on a one-year deal on Friday, but Coleman was given the weekend to think it over.

Coleman (6-5, 298) is familiar with new Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, having played for him in Dallas and in Cleveland. He was a 15-game starter for the Cowboys in 2011 and appeared in seven games with five starts last season.

The 33-year-old Coleman is viewed as a 3-4 defensive end who's a better run stuffer than pass rusher. In his 11 seasons, Coleman has registered 268 tackles but only 13 ½ sacks.

A former fifth-round pick of the Oakland Raiders in 2002, Coleman's best season came with the Browns in 2010 when he had 50 tackles and 2 ½ sacks.

It's the fourth free-agent acquisition from another team this offseason for the Saints after lining up deals with cornerback Keenan Lewis, tight end Benjamin Watson and linebacker Victor Butler.
  • Shizlansky
    Toon is not a game changer at all, he's just a big possession WR.

And we have that in Colston. As good as our offense is, we have no player that can take a 6 yard slant to the house. Or make ppl miss in the open field.
  • caddo man
    I am telling you. If they take a offensive game changer in the first round I would not be mad.
  • Shizlansky
    caddo man wrote: »
    I am telling you. If they take a offensive game changer in the first round I would not be mad.

That's what I'm saying.

Our defense gon be better cuz S.P. back calling plays and he gon run the ball more which is gon help the defense.

If we can get Nnamdi and move P. Robinson to nickel with White we gon be good.

Not great, no Dome Patrol but middle of the pack defense
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nnamdi signed with The 49ers today and Tracy Porter signed with The Raiders, so much for signing either one of them
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »

That's what I'm saying.

Our defense gon be better cuz S.P. back calling plays and he gon run the ball more which is gon help the defense.

If we can get Nnamdi and move P. Robinson to nickel with White we gon be good.

Not great, no Dome Patrol but middle of the pack defense

I get what you're saying but what about the future of the team. At some point you gotta address the lack of talent on defense. Some mid to low level FA doesn't do that. Lewis gives you a starting caliber CB and Butler adds depth to the LB corps. But D-Line NEEDS to upgrade. Cam Jordan is the only true starter on you D line, with out a NT you defeating the purpose.....or more importantly protecting your MVP's blindside. Do you trust Charles Brown?

This is one of the reason I feel they shoulda just cut Smith and Vilma....I get loyalty and having their leadership and what not but...at some point you gotta let go of the past man. Everybody still on this D leftover from that GW era is just not effective anymore. We need that money....

Meanwhile the offense is still breaking every record in the book. We gone light up the score board with or with out a Tavon Austin.....You found your burner in Joe Morgan. And mind you this is going to be the first FULL offseason he's going to have to work with Brees as a starter (1st season he got hurt, last season Brees held out).....and the first season as a starter with Sean Payton. Can't tell me SP aint have a field day drawin up plays for him while he sittin there watchin games on TV all last season. And yeah Toon is another possession receiver like Colston but he aint getting not younger and he misses at least 2-5 games a season. And I would not be surprised if they resigned Devery for cheap....his blocking alone is very hard to replace.

Drafting a WR is cool I just don't think its necessary...especially the way Brees can take any WR you give him and make him 10 times better than what he is. And Tavon aint really nothing but another Sproles/Moore type player....to me if it aint no Julio Jones/Dez Bryant type guy it aint worth no 1st round pick...especially when its not a major need.
  • Shizlansky
    You can find great defensive players in late rounds. Game changers not so much.
  • caddo man
    Because Morgan is not consistent, Toon maybe Colston 2.0 we don't know, Lance Moore stay hurt and if Tanner didn't make the roster, he aint no game changer.

Graham and Sproles is a game changer. Colston and Pierre are very good players. Ingram and Ivory are playing their roles.

I am forever happy that Brees is running this team but as he gets older he will need more help. Either a superstar defensive player or a game changing RB or WR.

Tavon Austin and Keenan Allen will be good picks if we were to trade back in the draft to get a 2nd round pick.

Defense is a need. Sheldon Richardson, B. Mingo, J. Jones, Jesse Williams, Eric Reid or Vacarro. I would have no bones against those picks.

Real question is if the Saints trade their 1st pick and 3rd, 4th and 5th for a OT would you be mad.
  • Shizlansky
    Because Morgan is not consistent, Toon maybe Colston 2.0 we don't know, Lance Moore stay hurt and if Tanner didn't make the roster, he aint no game changer.

Graham and Sproles is a game changer. Colston and Pierre are very good players. Ingram and Ivory are playing their roles.

I am forever happy that Brees is running this team but as he gets older he will need more help. Either a superstar defensive player or a game changing RB or WR.

Tavon Austin and Keenan Allen will be good picks if we were to trade back in the draft to get a 2nd round pick.

Defense is a need. Sheldon Richardson, B. Mingo, J. Jones, Jesse Williams, Eric Reid or Vacarro. I would have no bones against those picks.

Real question is if the Saints trade their 1st pick and 3rd, 4th and 5th for a OT would you be mad.

OT.

Yes I would be mad. Brees does a great job getting the ball out on time and pocket awareness.
  • Shizlansky
    What yall think about the boy from Tennessee Patterson?

Big body and big play speed.

Something that's lacking in our passing game.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F#ck the Saints...How Bout Them Cowboys!.....I'm glad a ? finally made a thread about his team without calling it the "Official" thread...
  • caddo man
    edited April 2013
    F#ck the Saints...How Bout Them Cowboys!.....I'm glad a ? finally made a thread about his team without calling it the "Official" thread...

I think the Saints have a 6-1 record on them Cowgirls. The only lost was the championship year. I guess we need to lose to them more often.
  • Shizlansky
    I'm leaning more to taking Austin or Patterson over defense.

At 6'2 215 and sub 4.4 speed, I think Brees can work some magic.