who is the more powerful alien/ demigod /villian.

Options
Splackavelli
Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Quite Comical
which big bad ass. do you think runs it in the comic world. state how and why.

who is the more powerful alien/ demigod /villian. 21 votes

thanos
23%
Dupacqtipp73DarkRaidenLUClENscoop1215 5 votes
darkseid
23%
A.J. Trillzynskithe ghostMister B.evoljeanyesWonder Girl 5 votes
apocalypse
4%
datboyroro 1 vote
despero
0%
fing fang foom
0%
the beyonder
38%
nawledge_godrageBcotton5unspoken_respectSunflowaSeedsWYRMSplackavelliDrew_Ali 8 votes
surtur
0%
krang from the ninja turtles 80's cartoon*just joking*
9%
CashmoneyDuxbignorm 2 votes

Comments

• Splackavelli
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the beyonder
    I forgot to add mongul . I wouldn't add galactus he's more of a force of nature.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beyonder

I also like the Antimonitor from DC universe.........

Antimonitor132.png
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beyonder
    Prolly Beyonder from that list but Thanos would body everybody on that list tbh
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^
    with or without the gauntlet?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Damn ya ? need to read a lot more comics. Beyonder > Darkseid? LMAO you aware that after Beyonder's retcon he is no longer omnipotent but Darkseid still is? triple LOL @ comparing any of those 2 to Thanos bwahahaha Thanos can't even hold their ? straps. Not only that but you guys are Marvel fans and don't even bring up The Celestials at least who are easily way beyond the Beyonder?

Anyway Darkseid out of that list but it's a tie if we're talking about Jim Shooter's Beyonder and not the retconned version.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    the beyonder
    I was assuming it was pre retcon Beyonder

Thanos would win against any of them lol
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    the beyonder
    Aint Fin Fang Foom pretty low level?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pre retcon Beyonder Yes, current Beyonder No.

Classic Darkseid Yes, current Darkseid No.

I'd say Surtur actually. He's more powerful than Odin, and we know Odin is more powerful than Thanos. Current Darkseid is on par with Thanos and both are probably above Despero and current Beyonder. The others shouldn't even be on the list.
  • Broddie
    edited March 2013
    Options

I'd say Surtur actually. He's more powerful than Odin, and we know Odin is more powerful than Thanos. Current Darkseid is on par with Thanos and both are probably above Despero and current Beyonder. The others shouldn't even be on the list.

You must be high.

Current Darkseid on par with Thanos? dude New 52 Darkseid has the ability to affect the ENTIRE multiverse similar to how the classic Darkseid did (Final Crisis). By running rampant with his forces all across different planes of existence. This will actually be the basis of the upcoming JL and Earth 2 crossover stories. Current Beyonder could still warp reality. The most Thanos could do is use superhuman strength and teleport; how the ? does that even compare to the other 2?

I forgot to mention the main villain of Morrison's Action Comics run Vyndktvx in my other post. Now there's somebody with abilities worthy of this conversation.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

You must be high.

Current Darkseid on par with Thanos? dude New 52 Darkseid has the ability to affect the ENTIRE multiverse similar to how the classic Darkseid did (Final Crisis). By running rampant with his forces all across different planes of existence. This will actually be the basis of the upcoming JL and Earth 2 crossover stories. Current Beyonder could still warp reality. The most Thanos could do is use superhuman strength and teleport; how the ? does that even compare to the other 2?

I forgot to mention the main villain of Morrison's Action Comics run Vyndktvx in my other post. Now there's somebody with abilities worthy of this conversation.

I forgot about the New 52 stuff. I was mostly talking about what Darkseid had become before Final Crisis.

That said, you have no idea what you're talking about if you think that Thanos only has Superhuman strength and teleportation. So as dumb as my statements might have sounded, yours is equally stupid.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I've been reading comic books for 25 years. I haven't read Marvel Comics regularly within the past 8 years with the exception of Hickman's Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Punisher and now All-New X-Men. Prior to Annihilation and even during Annihilation though never has Thanos ever been a Darkseid or Beyonder level threat without the Infinity Gauntlet. ? outta here with that BS.

He uses cosmic energy? yeah and Darkseid's energy beams could transport you to different planes of existence and even different points in time and space.

He could manipulate matter? so what? Darkseid and the Beyonder could manipulate existence.

Thanos will always be the Bud Light version of Darkseid.
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I like Thanos also but from what I've read it's his devious mind that puts him in high ranking. His power level is pretty strong, but no where near the top people. Hell, didn't Drax ? him by simply punching a hole in Thanos' chest and pulling out his heart?
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The last I saw the beyonder was in the Illuminiati books, when they went to a planet he created (just by thought) to mirror New York and all the heroes. They said he actually is an Inhuman with power from being a mutant and from the Terrigian(?) mist that the Inhumans use to get powers, I think. I'll have to check.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yeah, I like Thanos also but from what I've read it's his devious mind that puts him in high ranking. His power level is pretty strong, but no where near the top people. Hell, didn't Drax ? him by simply punching a hole in Thanos' chest and pulling out his heart?

Well, to be fair, Drax was specifically created to ? Thanos.

• Splackavelli
    Options
    the beyonder
    hey what about the celestials?
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkseid
    Listen Thanos is not weak, but I have been saying for years without schemes he is nothing more than a smart ass Brute. ? who said Surtur can see Odin is tripping.

Darkseid can do any ? thing damn without enhancements or gimmicky ass emotional schemes like Thanos. Darkseid flies, has super speed, beams is recking ? and he is a psionic with reality warping ability. Son?
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    the beyonder
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    I also like the Antimonitor from DC universe.........

Antimonitor132.png

another one I forgot
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    the beyonder
    Listen Thanos is not weak, but I have been saying for years without schemes he is nothing more than a smart ass Brute. ? who said Surtur can see Odin is tripping.

Darkseid can do any ? thing damn without enhancements or gimmicky ass emotional schemes like Thanos. Darkseid flies, has super speed, beams is recking ? and he is a psionic with reality warping ability. Son?

Thanos is always scheming on a come up though lol

DC characters have horrible writing and are too overpowered

• The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2013
    Options

lol How can Thanos be a smart brute? That makes no sense. The word brute implies a lack of sophistication and intelligence. Thanos is far from that. Brute doesn't fit him in any sense really. Even in fights, he's just as likely to use his cunning and/or trickery as brute strength.

Pretty much everything you just named Darkseid doing, Thanos can do also. And it ain't like Darkseid does all that on his own original power either. A large portion of his power comes from the Omega Effect, which is something he stole. You know what Darkseid can't do? Win. In the end, he always loses. Even in Final Crisis where he actually did achieve victory. Call Thanos' schemes gimmicky if you want, but he has accomplished his goals time and time again, and those goals are bigger than anything that Darkseid has done.

And you apparently don't know anything about Surtur. He's always depicted as at least Odin's equal when at full power. That's not even a debate. Odin beat him in the past and was severely weakened as a result implying that it was a very close battle.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    DC characters have horrible writing and are too overpowered

This ignorant ass statement became irrelevant over 15 years ago. Why not just state the truth ("DC doesn't appeal to me") and keep it moving cause you clearly have no ? clue what you're even talking about.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    darkseid

lol How can Thanos be a smart brute? That makes no sense. The word brute implies a lack of sophistication and intelligence. Thanos is far from that. Brute doesn't fit him in any sense really. Even in fights, he's just as likely to use his cunning and/or trickery as brute strength.

Pretty much everything you just named Darkseid doing, Thanos can do also. And it ain't like Darkseid does all that on his own original power either. A large portion of his power comes from the Omega Effect, which is something he stole. You know what Darkseid can't do? Win. In the end, he always loses. Even in Final Crisis where he actually did achieve victory. Call Thanos' schemes gimmicky if you want, but he has accomplished his goals time and time again, and those goals are bigger than anything that Darkseid has done.

And you apparently don't know anything about Surtur. He's always depicted as at least Odin's equal when at full power. That's not even a debate. Odin beat him in the past and was severely weakened as a result implying that it was a very close battle.

Because if you catch Thanos off guard for a scrap with no tools he is going to fight with strength. That's how he scraps. Everyone just remembers IG Thanos and that ain't how he to rocks. He schemes and he is amazing at it. Thanos is smarter than darkseid. But he isn't more powerful off of speed and flight alone. Bruh...Odin always beats the ? out of Surtur...and every time they scrap. Surtur gets Odin turned up and gets mashed. Thor beats Surtur sometimes. He isn't as powerful as Odin. Odin absorbed that mans whole powerset. Lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Thanos uses things like energy blasts and forcefields as much as brute strength. No, he's not a speedster, but he's also not a brute. Hell, even if you just talk about physical combat, the dude knows hundreds of martial arts. He's the one that trained Gamora who is one of the foremost female martial artists in the Marvel universe. Thanos is not a brute in any sense of the word.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    darkseid
    Thanos has never used martial arts on panel...let that ? cook, b! Supes uses energy blasts and has ? speed yet he is considered a brute/brick type fighter. Thor is a brute. Thanos hand to hand can't ? with Thor or Warlock. He beats them with durability and strength (or strategy)