Can't lie, I feel bad for Cena......

Options
herbalism101
herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
When John Cena 1st came on the scene, ppl were kinda on his side but waiting to see how he turns out. When he came up with the ? gimmick, Everybody loved him, but as soon as he came back from filming The Marine and started wearing Camoflage shorts, ppl started booing him and started chanting "You Cant Wrestle". But Great Khali can't wrestle. Is if fair to put them in the same category? Ppl talk about his "5 moves of doom", but the funny thing is that top performers have their 4- 5 moves to perform. Just because someone likes 3 suplexes in a row more than flying body blocks doesnt make someone a ? wrestler. His in ring work never changed, and to be honest, he has gotten better since the beginning of his WWE career. His style may not fit the mold of a scientific wrestler, but he is a good worker. At least he didnt have to go bang and marry the owner's wife to get over. Its not his fault that Vince turned him into Hogan 2000, but ppl keep ? on him like that's what he chooses to be. There are times(when WWE allows it or when a true ring general like Punk or HBK) when Cena shows moves that he doesnt use often, but that's not good enough for folks and they find reasons to ? on him. Truth is, Cena has been in some very good matches and has carried others to a decent matches. I don't think ppl actually hate Cena, I think it's a programmed thing like when a boring segment is in the ring and ppl start chanting that annoying "what?"

Im not a big fan of Cena, but I respect what he does and I respect him for carrying the company for a long time until they finally gave Punk his time to shine(Punk's shine is way longer than his title run)

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't feel sorry for him.

He put himself in this corner, he could've still been top guy but with a better gimmick. (Look at Stone Cold for example)

Cena is too much of a goody two shoes with this corny mic work.

He can put on a good show in the ring, look at Punk vs Cena matches. He just doesn't, he puts on a sloppy show most of the time.

cs Samson about the "yes!" chants, that was some blatant ? .
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cena is a classic case of people hating what is popular/mainstream
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cena was booed BEFORE the marine gimmick, when he feuded with y2j at sumerslam 2005, i remember hearing him get lots of boos in that feud, anyways, at times i do feel for him, but he does bring that ? upon himself cause hes an average wrestler whos mic skills have gone downhill, i actually want him to win the wwe title cause hes always been down with wwe and never left, unlike the rock who ahsnt been on raw in 2 weeks, dont care about his promoting his movies, hows the wwe champ not on raw in 2 weeks when its mania season?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I give Cena props for making Millions off them 5 moves of doom he does
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cena is inconsistent, he works just enough most times and coasts the rest of the way. Its been this way since 2008. I think once he realized he would never lose his spot he stop giving a damn about anything he did. The promos started tanking, the matches got redundant and increasingly worse. Now there's only one guy on the full-time roster to push him to good matches its going to be even more apparent.

(PS: Cena also stole Zack Ryder's thunder during Zack's hot period. Everything Cena latches onto becomes stale and uninteresting. The 'E foolishly thinks he actually gets stuff over but in reality he buries it)
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    When John Cena 1st came on the scene, ppl were kinda on his side but waiting to see how he turns out. When he came up with the ? gimmick, Everybody loved him, but as soon as he came back from filming The Marine and started wearing Camoflage shorts, ppl started booing him and started chanting "You Cant Wrestle". But Great Khali can't wrestle. Is if fair to put them in the same category? Ppl talk about his "5 moves of doom", but the funny thing is that top performers have their 4- 5 moves to perform. Just because someone likes 3 suplexes in a row more than flying body blocks doesnt make someone a ? wrestler. His in ring work never changed, and to be honest, he has gotten better since the beginning of his WWE career. His style may not fit the mold of a scientific wrestler, but he is a good worker. At least he didnt have to go bang and marry the owner's wife to get over. Its not his fault that Vince turned him into Hogan 2000, but ppl keep ? on him like that's what he chooses to be. There are times(when WWE allows it or when a true ring general like Punk or HBK) when Cena shows moves that he doesnt use often, but that's not good enough for folks and they find reasons to ? on him. Truth is, Cena has been in some very good matches and has carried others to a decent matches. I don't think ppl actually hate Cena, I think it's a programmed thing like when a boring segment is in the ring and ppl start chanting that annoying "what?"

Im not a big fan of Cena, but I respect what he does and I respect him for carrying the company for a long time until they finally gave Punk his time to shine(Punk's shine is way longer than his title run)

i agree wit this but cena brings it on himself imo, he can take it upon himself to switch things up and put on a great match more often, add moves to his arsenal, and stop being so corny on the mic, he did it when he was rappin, so he can do it now
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I don't feel sorry for him.

He put himself in this corner, he could've still been top guy but with a better gimmick. (Look at Stone Cold for example)

Cena is too much of a goody two shoes with this corny mic work.

He can put on a good show in the ring, look at Punk vs Cena matches. He just doesn't, he puts on a sloppy show most of the time.

cs Samson about the "yes!" chants, that was some blatant ? .

word...when cena came out with that ? rumble promo i wanted to kick a cat.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only good thing I like about Cena is his intro music
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well if cena destroys and buries the shield I am going to be so ? ? .
  • Mr.LV
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh yeah and when he wins the wwe championship the crowd is going to boo the ever living ? out of him.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The main thing I hate about Cena is his corny jokes.
    He'll literally say ANYTHING to get a cheap pop or laugh.
    He's like the Dane Cook of WWE.
    No one thinks he's funny but he yells into the mic so we get the point.
  • peagle05
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Oh yeah and when he wins the wwe championship the cried is going to boo the ever living ? out of him.

i dont know...i think the rock having it and barely being there works in cena's favor. it definitely wont be as lopsided as last year
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    Oh yeah and when he wins the wwe championship the cried is going to boo the ever living ? out of him.

i dont know...i think the rock having it and barely being there works in cena's favor. it definitely wont be as lopsided as last year

No ny hates John cena. The last couple times wwe was in ny he got booed out the building
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

No ny hates John cena. The last couple times wwe was in ny he got booed out the building
    And I was there for both times
    Survivor series 2011
    TLC 2012
    We New Yorkers can not stand John Cena
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went to tlc too. The booing at the end when he was trying to talk to the crowd was great
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Cena said he's been in contact with Froggy Fresh and they might do a collabo.
  • peagle05
    Options
    cena hit jay-z up on twitter to bring him out at wrestlemania...lmao
  • Mr.LV
    edited March 2013
    Options
    cena hit jay-z up on twitter to bring him out at wrestlemania...lmao
    This wrestlemania going to be ? crazy can't wait.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I don't ... not at all.