Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    cena hit jay-z up on twitter to bring him out at wrestlemania...lmao

Nah, I can't see this, ? would be wack.

Jay brings out Rock >
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I though they started booing him when he eliminated Triple H in the rumble.

That was the first time I knew him getting booed
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hated that he brung the corney parts of hiphop to the wwe. hated that spinning belt. i just didnt like him. i even started leaving raw early last year when he brung out machine gun kelly after the show was over.

but after that brock match last year i started to see what he was about and i understand him. he won me over plus he dropped all that hiphop stuff. he's cool to me now.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't feel sorry for him, if he has that much influence on Vince, he should use that to get his character a fresh up and get Vince to understand that he needs to push more wrestlers if he is not able to work, Vince panics when Cena gets hurt, u should not be relying on one person to carry the company.

Use CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Randy Orton, The Shield, Ryback, PTP, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Team Rhodes Scholars, The Miz, Wade Barrett and use Ted DiBiase and Alex Riley more, Vince has alot of talent on that roster but, he rather use one guy.
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats what i love about this era: more star power. hell, every raw and smackdown can be like wrestlemania twice a week if they worked it right. but when cena wins the belt back, he will only wrestle for payperviews.

tho i do like how the belts dont change hands as much. everyone dont need a turn no more. gotta earn it. cesaro got next.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it just seem like cena's cool with being where he's at. like he dont care anymore. i dont even want to see him turn heel because i think it will work, i just want to see something different from him.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    John Cena is that guy all the stupid kids like but no one else does. Vince actually convinced himself he has another hulk hogan shawn michaels hybrid. Cena has the worst promos in history. He can't tell a story in the ring for ? . His fake intensity is just that, fake. You could tell. Cena has been forced down everyone's throats to the point where I never want to see him again when I watch Raw. If John Cena turns heel, that could make his career legendary.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I respect cena not feel sorry for him. With that said I hope the rock keeps his title at wrestle mania
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of you are giving some biased opinions as to why YOU don't like Cena personally. Im talking about how WWE is keeping him stale a la Hogan in the 80's which allows the fans to keep ? on them.

Found this article on WrestlingINC.com

As the WWE is always quick to point out, nobody emits a reaction from the WWE fans quite like John Cena. Cena is the most polarizing figure to ever step foot in the WWE outside of Vince McMahon himself. Fans who are more naïve to the product such as children and very casual fans tend to be big proponents of John Cena, while ? fans tend to root against Cena. All of this is well documented, but I'd like to focus solely on one thing: John Cena's ability to speak on the microphone.
    A lot of people do not like John Cena because they claim he "can't wrestle" and is a terrible in-ring performer. While Cena is never going to be called the second coming of Karl Gotch, his wrestling ability or lack thereof has been exaggerated. Contrary to popular opinion, John Cena actually has a lengthy list of quality matches on his resume. He has had top-notch matches with guys like Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Undertaker amongst others. I'm not claiming that John Cena is a master technician, but I do think that sometimes all the flack he gets for being a sub-par wrestler is unjust. His in-ring ability is better than a fair amount of other main-event wrestlers from the past, including Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash and ? Sid.

No, it's not wrestling that gets me riled up when it comes to John Cena. It's actually his promo skills that really drive me crazy. Every single one seems to go down the same way, where he says the same thing and delivers it with the same exact tone. Couple this with the fact that almost no edition of Raw is complete until Cena has some microphone time and you can see how this irks me.

Issue No. 1 I have with Cena's promos are that they are always about the same exact subjects. He is either talking about how he is going to deal with somebody, or how important his fans are or about how serious he is about whatever happens to be going on with him. Granted, Cena is far from the only one to be guilty of this practice. Steve Austin basically talked about the same thing every single time he was on the mic ( how much hell he was going to raise) as did the Undertaker (rest in peace). The problem is that Cena does not have the character development or depth of Stone Cold, nor does he have the mystique of the Undertaker.

Ah, Cena's character. A huge hindrance to Cena's popularity over the past few years has been his character. Currently speaking, John Cena's character is in sort of a gray zone. When he first burst onto the scene in the WWE, Cena was equipped with a hefty hip-hop gimmick that actually connected him with a majority of fans. His promos were funny and his antics were if not anything else, noteworthy. By 2007, Cena had reverted to a pseudo-military gimmick complete with camouflage shorts. By 2009 however, Cena was so established as the #1 good guy in the WWE, that he basically did not have a character. Similar to Hulk Hogan, Cena just represented someone who always fought the good fight and never said die. A huge problem is that in today's WWE, that sort of gimmick does not fly with everybody like Hogan's did. Wrestling has evolved into so much storytelling that there really isn't space for a character as limited as Cena's is.

A wrestler's character has everything to do with the way he presents himself on the microphone. The Rock is a cocky egomaniac, and that attitude always surfaces itself in his promos. CM Punk is an anti-authority rebel who hates the corporate atmosphere of the WWE, and that is always evident whenever he is talking. John Cena has such a bland character that nothing in his promos indicates who he is or what his opinions are. In the literary world, there are two types of characters: flat characters and round characters. A flat character is someone who is one-dimensional that tends to live up to stereotypes that the reader perceives. A round character is the opposite, someone that has many levels and their actions are less predictable. CM Punk, the Rock, Chris Jericho and even someone with less exposure such as Ryback are all round characters. John Cena, right now, is a flat one.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2013/0325/561441/views-from-the-turnbuckle-cena-promos-and-why-they-suck/#ixzz2OaArISjg
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CONT'D

It is well known how a typical Cena promo goes. We hear about 15 times beforehand that John Cena is going to appear on Raw to talk about something. When he comes out, he gets his typical reaction and talks about the seriousness of whatever he is talking about. Sprinkled in are some crowd pandering, usually a shot at himself and an obscure 1980's reference that only a Brooklyn hipster could enjoy. It's all topped off with a fiery finish of him basically repeating what he had previously said; only this time he is YELLING!

Unfortunately, this kind of promo has manifested itself a lot lately on Raw. With Cena entangled in a feud with the extremely busy Rock, this is basically all the WWE has for Cena at the moment.

Unlike other generic characters, Cena has incredible staying power. Although there have been plenty of repetitive guys in the past, none have stayed in the main event picture for close to a decade like Cena has. One of the main reasons Cena's promos all sound the same is that we have been witnesses to about 10,000 of them in the past 8-10 years. One can only take so much of this before they begin to speak out against what they are seeing, and that is where all the heat for John Cena comes from.

After being pounded with this kind of behavior from Cena for so long, we all began to speculate on how it could possibly end. A John Cena heel turn has been something that fans have wanted to see for a very long time, but every time there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, the WWE thwarts our hopes and dreams by thrusting Cena back into his position as company hero. Maybe the only thing interesting about Cena vs Rock II is that at the conclusion of the match, the potential for a change in character for John Cena lurks. A new Cena would mean new promos and a break in what has been a crippling era of predictability when it comes to John Cena and his promos.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2013/0325/561441/views-from-the-turnbuckle-cena-promos-and-why-they-suck/#ixzz2OaB2cSZ8
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good wrap up on Cena overall.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I got a feeling Cena can be one of the goat heels. His career will rejuvenate and he might be cheered by everybody
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    peagle05 wrote: »
    cena hit jay-z up on twitter to bring him out at wrestlemania...lmao

Nah, I can't see this, ? would be wack.

Jay brings out Rock >

99 problems but a ? Cena ain't one

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't like that ? and never will.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm neither a Cena lover or hater, but most mature fans dont like him because in their eyes he's Hulk Hogan 2.0

He's corny and his mic work is average.

He's not nearly as bad of an in ring worker as many of yall make him out to be though.

I look at guys like Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Batista, Kevin Nash, Yokozuna, ? Sid, etc.

They've all had the strap and Cena is a lot better wrestler than all those guys I just named imo.

He isn't no Bret Hart but he's no Great Khali either.

The problem comes with his marginal mic work combined with a bland gimmick.

The more mature WWE fanbase responds positive to more edgy anti-hero type characters.

Look at guys like Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, and CM Punk to a slightly lesser degree.

They all fit that edgy, dont give a damn, uncensored type of gimmick.

Cena comes across like a genuinely "good guy" even if his promos are a little on the corny side and even as a heel I dont know that Cena would be that uncensored dont give a damn type character.

Part of the reason why guys like Stone Cold, the Rock, and CM Punk's characters work well are because their characters aren't that much of a deviation from those guy's "real" personalities.

Cena's being a real life good guy kinda hurts him in this sense and believe it or not I can understand why Vincent is hestitant to pull the trigger on turning him heel.

Whether fans like him or not he's the WWE's franchise player and they have to be calculated and have a well organized plan in how to use him this is whether he turns heel or not.

With all this being said I wouldn't mind seeing Cena beat the Rock at Wrestlemania due to interference from the Shield and turn heel and end up being the leader of the Shield and a Paul Heyman guy.

After his heel turn Id feud him with Sheamus and Orton up until Wrestlemania next year.

Heck Id maybe even turn Ziggler face and have them feud.

My last few lines are probably wet dreams, but it will be interesting to see what they do with Cena's character in the days weeks and months following Wrestlemania.

I have a feeling he turns heel at or after WM its just how the WWE does it is what will make or break his heel run.

• Sour-Cream
    Options
    Cena's like the superman wigga noone likes. Hogan was an American Hero, he didn't try to act black and put on reebok pumps to impress anyone. Batista wasn't a great wrestler but he was a dude people could relate to. Noone can relate to fake wiggas except wiggas themselves.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Add to that, this ? has one of the WOAT moves in WWE history, pick you up on his shoulders and placing you back on the mat. That move is like a watered down Death Valley Driver.

Leg Drop >> Sugar coated DVD.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    Options
    I think it was WWE watering down his character (no more freestyles) once they moved him to Raw then had him feuding with Jericho & Christian who were crowd favorite heels at the time. Never recovered from that as far most fans liking him.
  • alejandro
    alejandro Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't see why he gets so much hate. The guy is a pretty good wrestler. Just give him some time to be great. His Rap skills are better than Gucci Mane, Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, etc. The guy is in great shape (no ? ) and loves wrestling. Plus outside the ring seems like a great down to earth guy. He does a lot for the troops and Charity Work. He's like the 2nd coming of The Rock. John Cena >>>>>>>>>>> Randy Orton, Batista, Bobby Lashley, and others.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alejandro wrote: »
    Don't see why he gets so much hate. The guy is a pretty good wrestler. Just give him some time to be great. His Rap skills are better than Gucci Mane, Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, etc. The guy is in great shape (no ? ) and loves wrestling. Plus outside the ring seems like a great down to earth guy. He does a lot for the troops and Charity Work. He's like the 2nd coming of The Rock. John Cena >>>>>>>>>>> Randy Orton, Batista, Bobby Lashley, and others.

dude's been there 10+ years how much more time does he need? lol
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Cena is a 10 time WWE Champion, a 2 time World Heavyweight Champion, a 3 time US champ, a 2 time World Tag Team Champ with Shawn Michaels & Batista, a 2 time WWE tag team Champ with David Otunga & The Miz, won the Royal Rumble twice in 2008 & 2013, won the 2012 Money In The Bank briefcase for Raw, a 3 time Slammy award winner for Superstar of The Year in 2009, 2010 & 2012, the fourth longest reign as WWE Champ, he has headline Wrestlemania many times, been in movies and he is the face of WWE.

That's why I don't feel bad for him, he has held every belt other then The IC title and gets to be Super Cena.
    I thought WWE should have had him feud with Wade Barrett and go for the IC title since he has never had the belt.
    Rock, Stone Cold, HBK, HHH, Edge, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho and even Kane have held the IC title but, Cena hasnt?
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Cena is that guy the WWE always teases a heel turn with. Take a look at last years Wrestlemania that whole Rise above hate angle had him drawing in so much heat cause of Kane, they even brought in outside legends like Foley & Roddy Piper to ? on him and basically tell him he had to be bad to defeat the Rock, that was the perfect opportunity for the WWE to do some crazy ? and turn this dude heel but they didn't do it.

That right there lets me know that he will forever be a face until WWE is in some serious trouble & needs a quick emergency way out to save ratings. I've said it before, they got guys in the WWE who are only there because they appeal to the younger audience with this whole PG thing. (Rey, Cena, Kofi) guys that we will probably never see heel. Hell it seems like they tried to turn Zack Ryder into that guy but he took things into his own hands by doing his own thing on social media sites, WWE didnt expect him to start getting a big positive reaction from fans of all ages and when he finally started to they decided to ? his buzz completely with super Cena and force him to end his online show, ? crazy
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't feel sorry for him. Whether he's getting booed or cheered for, he's still getting attention and shine. And I have seen him put on some great matches, but those have been few and far between, imo. But my main problem with him is he's just become beyond stale and lame. Not really all his fault, but it ain't my fault for not being entertained by him either.

Unless Cena has an epic heel turn at WM and starts giving us something fresh, I'm hoping Rock whoops his cornball ass and spits on his battered body on the way out.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Man Cena could never be compared to Hulk, Hogan was a world wide star son had Whites,blacks,Latinos Asians etc backin him as HULKAMANIA son had ? from other countries Singin "they American"

HULKAMANIA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cenanation
  • Sour-Cream
    edited April 2013
    Options
    alejandro wrote: »

? , ? , ? , Stop it.