Which Summer Blockbuster Are You ? With?

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do want a dark superhero movie though. in the comics some of them be going through some ? especially batman. I really want a rated R batman film. issue a statement saying sorry kids that's just the way it gotta be but it's the only way we could depict Batman in this light. the darkest Batman adaption was TDKR part I and II and them ? were goat.
    I have a feeling Man of Steel will be a great movie.

Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, The Wolverine, Kick Ass 2 and FaF6 I will all go see. everything else will most likely get streamed at some point.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Didn't Realize All These Were Coming Out This Summer...Looks Like Alot Quality...Strong Emphasis On Quality Flciks Are Coming Out...Good ?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want them to redo spawn...any of yall remember tha cartoon that use to come on late nights on HBO?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    I want them to redo spawn...any of yall remember tha cartoon that use to come on late nights on HBO?

When I went to that McFarlene in-store I asked him about that. He answer was, "A Spawn re-boot. Yeah." His tone was that of him being cool on doing movies and like it was a bad experience or something.

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i read he wasnt happywith tha way the first one turned out
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i love going to the movies mostly for horror movies so I'm def checking for Evil Dead......the others on the list are MoS, IM3, TW def Kickass 2, the 1st caught me off guard lol Star Trek 2 Pacific Rim n maybe World War Z
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the g.i. joe movie is in theatres now does anybody know which new joes will be on the roster besides colton
    roadblock and jinx. also was the cobra soldier with the ski mask firefly?
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    yea im not big on supermans enemies who are they?

Despite being arguably the "World's Greatest, Well Known, and Popular Superhero," The same can't be said of Superman's Rogue's Gallery, with the exception of Lex, Brainiac, and possibly Metallo, one can argue that Superman's enemies lean to the wack side.

Lex.jpg

Lex Luthor, archnemesis to Superman http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/491228/lex-luthor-respect-thread#latest

letras-vinetas-brainiac-villano-coleccionaba-botellitas_5_934117.jpg

^^^^^Brainiac. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainiac_(comics)

An extraterrestrial android (in most incarnations), Brainiac is a principal foe of Superman, and is responsible for shrinking and stealing Kandor, the capital city of Superman's home planet Krypton.

Brainiac has a "12th-level intellect", allowing calculation abilities, enhanced memory and advanced understanding of mechanical engineering, bio-engineering, physics, and other theoretical and applied sciences, as well as extensive knowledge of various alien technologies.

Brainiac's advanced mental powers have shown him capable of possessing others, absorb information from other beings, transferring his consciousness,[24] creating and manipulating computer systems, replicate multiple versions of himself, and exerting powers to transverse or control over space and time. John Byrne's re-imagining of the character possessed telepathy and telekinesis that were further augmented by an implanted electrode head-piece.

Brainiac not only can go toe-to-toe with Supes, but due to his high level of intelligence he can out think him. Brainiac works in a movie because it wouldn't have to be a straight up slug fest. The screenwriter can to with the idea of Supes having to devise a strategy in other to defeat Brainiac.

3834834364_f1515b7fa8_o.jpg

^^^^Metallo is a cyborg that's powered by a kryptonite heart. Metallo is cool in a movie because how does Supes fight somebody that's powered by the one of the few things that's lethal to him

250px-Parasitesuperman.PNG

^^^^^The Parasite can absorb Superman's powers. If Superman hits him, he gets his strength, if Superman tries to zap him with his heat vision, The Parasite will gain power also.

MrMxyzptlk.jpg

^^^^^ Mr. Mxyzptlk Mxy would be cool because as a protagonist because he's not trying to ? Superman or take over the world, his thing is to assuage his boredom, therefore he's thereliterally just is there to ? with Superman. Using Mxyztplk would make the movie a comedy with Superman being the "straight man." It would resemble those episode of Star Trek: TNG when Q would come around.

31.jpg

Take this ? from Superman IV: The Quest for Peace and make him tight.

• Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the g.i. joe movie is in theatres now does anybody know which new joes will be on the roster besides colton roadblock and jinx.

GIJoe2postersmall.jpg

Lady Jaye

poster4.jpg

Duke

PHiFKVcCM7hblq_1_m.jpg

Flint

and it wouldn't be a JOE movie without:

poster18.jpg
    also was the cobra soldier with the ski mask firefly?

GI-Joe-Retaliation-Firefly-590x331.jpg

If you're asking about him, then yeah, that's Firefly. I'm also sure they'll throw in some "Easter Eggs," too.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I will see Iron Man 3 on the weekend it drops. Probably peep it twice in theaters to catch things I missed the 1st time.

I will likely see Superman, World War Z and Hangover 3 (2 was gaaaabage, but I think they'll make up for it with 3) in theaters.

GI Joe (1 was forgettable), Star Trek (1 was dope), Fast 6 and Wolverine look dope, probably will wait for BluRay though most likely. Won't be surprised if I said "? it" and catch a few in theaters though lol

I was not a fan of Kick Ass. Think I saw it one time and don't care to watch it again.
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    forgot about fast 6
  • IamNumberOne
    edited March 2013
    Options
    just seen GI Joe 2 last night it was pretty dope
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    ]just seen GI Joe 2 last night it was pretty dope... didnt really feel like they left it open for a 3rd till i looked back at it and realized they didnt ? with destro...and cobra commander wasnt really involved even tho it was his plans
  • IamNumberOne
    Options
    actually they did with what the rock and Willis said at the end.....free posting like a mf ik...smh
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    just seen GI Joe 2 last night it was pretty dope

You should start the G. I. JOE Retaliation thread.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    there's nothing on must-see-in-theaters for me except superman & iron man 3. & i kinda feel obligated to see the new fast & furious cuz i've seen all the others plus letty & a gang of other people are back. i may check that GI Joe movie, but i don't really care either way & i'm damn sure not paying to see that ? in 3D.

i don't think there will ever be another year for summer movies like there was in 2012.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's nothing on must-see-in-theaters for me except superman & iron man 3. & i kinda feel obligated to see the new fast & furious cuz i've seen all the others plus letty & a gang of other people are back. i may check that GI Joe movie, but i don't really care either way & i'm damn sure not paying to see that ? in 3D.

i don't think there will ever be another year for summer movies like there was in 2012.

Summer 2008 and 2012 was box office OD on blockbusters. How you have the Avengers and TDKR in a 2 month period?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »

Summer 2008 and 2012 was box office OD on blockbusters. How you have the Avengers and TDKR in a 2 month period?

man i was in the theater at least 3x a month last summer when normally there's only a few movies i wana see that come out the entire year. ? was so diverse. saw the adventure/action, sci fi, kids flicks...& i don't think anything had me thinking i wasted any money.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So no After Earth mentioned? i thought you lot were huge Will Smith fans . .
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    So no After Earth mentioned? i thought you lot were huge Will Smith fans . .

? That ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Iron Man 3 - Saw the first 2 at the flicks so it's pretty much tradition. I didn't like Iron Man 2.1 (The Avengers) but with Shane Black behind this one I definitely can't miss it. This could end up being the best Marvel Studios movie yet.

Man of Steel - I've been waiting way too long for another good Superman movie. Definitely there opening weekend.

Fast & Furious 6 - The last movie and Lin's first entry in the series are what got me into giving this franchise the benefit of the doubt and it's become like the most improved movie series ever.

Pacific Rim - Robots vs. Monsters from the mind of Guillermo Del Toro? yes ? !!!

Not really interested in anything else. Although I will say I might see Hangover 3. I skipped Hangover 2 cause it looked redundant but the new one looks like a new twist because it seems much darker and I love black comedy.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From lookin at the trailer, seems like I would fall asleep in Man of Steel.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might be in the movies like 3 times just in May alone. Iron Man 3, Great Gatsby, and possibly Fast 6.