The Bible

nickel-us P
nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone caught this? Im just now tuning in. My bad if this thread's been made.

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Yea, its decent
  • Idiopathic Joker
    A black man plays Samson. Of course, a ? is his downfall
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh on the whole
    its kinda good and its kinda bad
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt watch. But was over my sis crib this weekend and she said it was good as hell. I def got to check it out
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that Samson is a ? man wit dreads, i thought that was pretty cool. Ive seen another Samson and Delilah movie from way way back and it was always a favorite of mine. The movie was so old that Angela lansbury played in it and she looked to be in her 20s.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    I like that Samson is a ? man wit dreads, i thought that was pretty cool. Ive seen another Samson and Delilah movie from way way back and it was always a favorite of mine. The movie was so old that Angela lansbury played in it and she looked to be in her 20s.

?
  • nickel-us P
    Its cool, prob best outa bible movies/shows
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    samson3.jpg

A Still from the movie lol
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    i like it...missed the last 2 tho...also i feel like they are leaving parts out of stories probably because of production costs and time constraints so i can dig it if so
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it too. I think it's something that could be enjoyable even if you're not really religious. The production value is pretty good.

One thing that's definitely clear is that the Old Testament is ? up. SMH @ David sending his homeboy off to die so he could have his wife. That's foulness that can only be described as "of Biblical proportions."
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Old Testament is the best Testament. The New Testament doesn't have enough action in it for me cept Revelations lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    You know what's crazy, even this show doesn't really show just how savage those Old Testament cats were. Like they show Joshua taking Jericho, and of course you're going to figure that there was a fight and a lot of people died especially on Jericho's side. But look how the Bible describes it.

Joshua 6:20 When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city. 21 They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.

How ? up is that? They went in there and killed every living thing just cause they could, and they didn't even take the city. They burned it down and cursed it. The crazy part is the Bible never really explains why they did it. It's like they went and killed a bunch of people just for existing.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its pretty good. and much more fair than i expected it to be. but still not entirely accurate. and obviously its abbreviated. but the product itself is very watchable
  • nickel-us P
    I think the biggest misinterpretation is that "? " isnt a brutal ? . You see how many sacrifices they made? Most churches make "? " and "Jesus" out to be the most gentle beings.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watched some of it last night. it's pretty good. even if you aren't religious it's still enjoyable, granted a lot people think the bible is a work of fiction anyway. I thought it was funny that Noah was Scottish though. I feel like they can tell more of the story but with costs and time constraints I can see why they don't. but they give you a good overview about what the stories are about.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Had no desire to watch it cause it seemed as though the cast was predominately white like most biblical movies which irritates me(like PAUL MOONEY said "egypt is on the coast of Africa its not some small village in sweden"), but sense I hear samson is black I might give it a shot even though a black actor playing the over the top masculine role is typical theres always something to complain about so I might give it a shot....

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I heard and saw Moses as a Scottish dude I damn near turned the tv off. It got better as the story progressed but it is still predominately a white cast besides Samson ? people up, I haven't watched the recent ones though.
  • nickel-us P
    Aint moses a rasta?
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not feeling this show. Storylines seem unrealistic.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boooooooooooooo!!!!!this is viewing for brainwashed ? . I caught a glimpse yesterday though. it was dealing with Daniel in Babylon. I missed all the good stuff with giants floods, goliath talking donkeys chariots of fire ancient san franciscos(? and gommorah) getting nuked for being so sleazy etc.
  • The Lonious Monk
    boooooooooooooo!!!!!this is viewing for brainwashed ? . I caught a glimpse yesterday though. it was dealing with Daniel in Babylon. I missed all the good stuff with giants floods, goliath talking donkeys chariots of fire ancient san franciscos(? and gommorah) getting nuked for being so sleazy etc.

How is it for brainwashed people? It's not like it's preachy. It just presents the stories as they appear in the Bible. If you're not religious, you can pretty much take them as very influential tall tales.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with all the reality shows and now this ? . the "History" channel is a caricature of its former self. smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    How is this ? ? You may not be religious. You may not care about the Bible, but you can't deny it's one of the most influential books ever written. This is no different from the documentaries they used to do on myths and tall tales when the channel was still good.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A black man plays Samson. Of course, a WHITE ? is his downfall

fixed & emphasized
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those angels @ Jerico were trill. Of course the Asian looking one has to be the one use martial arts. Smh...racist.