"Nobody wants to work with MS at this point"

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
On the latest Podcast from Super Joystiq Rami Ismail indie developer and creator of Hotline Miami goes on a rampage on MS and it's poor developer relationships.

A couple of damming comments were thrown out during the 10 to 15 minute segment on inding publishing, here are just a few ...

"XBOX has realized they make more money with Netflix than they do videogames, and they make more money with Minecraft and Halo than they do with all other videogames combined."

On working with MS, Rami Ismail says "At this point I wouldn't want to." and XBLA "looks like a graveyard"

It was bluntly said "MS is a ? to work with" and lastly "the point I'm trying to make is of everybody I've spoken to have somewhat talked to Sony, none of them have spoken to MS because nobody wants to work with MS at this point."

Comments

• Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? is Hotline Miami?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    The ? is Hotline Miami?

It's an Indie game on PSN/Vita.

I would normally think the same thing you did.... But the developer of Braid and The Witness expressed the same thing.... as did the developers of Retro City Rampage.

Say what you will but the Indie scene is huge for PSN/XBL. Next-gen it seems like all these indie devs are abandoning XBL for PSN.

"? XBOX" seems to be a common theme amongst the indie devs these days.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This seems plausible... I heard them ? charge $40,000 just to patch a ? ' game.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Who?

Another programming nerd who thinks his opinion matters. This is about as relevant as Gabe Newell talking about PS3 was complete ? . Personal opinion of super nerds is no more worthwhile than that of super fans in sports.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    M$ should release a new Halo in game helmet as DLC, take the money they earn from that and buy this studio then dismantle them.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah MS might as well buy and dismantle this company since they dont spend money developping games ...brilliant idea brilliant.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony fanboys are happy as ? .
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell Sony not to overcharge for their products again. PS Vita is still on shelves 2+ years later.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Tell Sony not to overcharge for their products again. PS Vita is still on shelves 2+ years later.

Vita has only been out for 1 year

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hotline Miami is a 2D top-down action video game by Dennaton Games, a team composed of Jonatan Söderström and Dennis Wedin, who had previously collaborated on Keyboard Drumset ? Werewolf.[a] The game is being published by Devolver Digital and was released on 23 October 2012 for Windows.[2] The game has been described by Eurogamer as "a top-down ? -'em-up",[3] blending top down perspective with stealth, extreme violence and surreal storytelling, along with a soundtrack and visuals influenced by 1980s culture. The game itself was heavily influenced by Nicolas Winding Refn's neo-noir crime drama film Drive (2011); the director is specifically thanked in the credits.

say what you want, but this sounds cool. Granted, I know some of u arent old enough to see Drive, but trust me. It was cool.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after what i read about the new xbox I'm thinking about getting the a ps4 this time around
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    Some of these indie games are the highest rated and most critically acclaimed games (Journey for example).

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hasnt it been similar articles about the ps3 tho?? lmao
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    hasnt it been similar articles about the ps3 tho?? lmao

Um.... No.

Not in the past few years at least. You still living in 2007???
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hotline Miami is a 2D top-down action video game by Dennaton Games, a team composed of Jonatan Söderström and Dennis Wedin, who had previously collaborated on Keyboard Drumset ? Werewolf.[a] The game is being published by Devolver Digital and was released on 23 October 2012 for Windows.[2] The game has been described by Eurogamer as "a top-down ? -'em-up",[3] blending top down perspective with stealth, extreme violence and surreal storytelling, along with a soundtrack and visuals influenced by 1980s culture. The game itself was heavily influenced by Nicolas Winding Refn's neo-noir crime drama film Drive (2011); the director is specifically thanked in the credits.

say what you want, but this sounds cool. Granted, I know some of u arent old enough to see Drive, but trust me. It was cool.

It's a brilliant game. Great soundtrack and seriously addictive. It's basically a top-down murder simulator. Quite surprised not many people on The Arcade have heard of it/played it.

There's no point people on here dismissing the opinion of indie developers because they're the ones bringing the original ideas to the table and Sony are snapping them all up. If Microsoft can't even attract developers who want to actually develop original video games instead of rehashing the same FPSs over and over again then what is the point of them even trying?