hobbit vs fellowship of the rings.

Options
Splackavelli
Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
okay so I just saw the hobbit on demand and it was cool. between the hobbit and fellowship which one was more epic(I hate using that word but since these movies are based on quest..). which of the heroes in these movies faced more hardships. what did you like about your choice. discuss.

hobbit vs fellowship of the rings. 3 votes

the hobbit
66%
focusSplackavelli 2 votes
lotr fellowship
33%
bignorm 1 vote

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Options
    the hobbit
    i'm going with the hobbit. I like how they tied the hobbit in with fellowship in the beginning.with Bilbo's birthday and Frodo going off to meet Gandalf. I like the impressive visuals with the stone giants fight for example. I think the hobbit had more action. the escape from the goblins lair had the best action sequence imo.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOTR is going to end up being better because it will require less stretching of the source material. Three books --> Three movies >> One book -> Three movies.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still need to read the hobbit first before watching the movie, but even after I think The Fellowship will always better for me. It got me into the whole genre of fantasy and ? . I still don't agree with making three movies based on the hobbit though, they coulda just made a saga with The Silmarillion or the war of the last alliance.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    the hobbit
    reapin505 wrote: »
    I still need to read the hobbit first before watching the movie, but even after I think The Fellowship will always better for me. It got me into the whole genre of fantasy and ? . I still don't agree with making three movies based on the hobbit though, they coulda just made a saga with The Silmarillion or the war of the last alliance.

peter Jackson doesn't have the rights to those books.
  • reapin505
    Options
    Bah. ROTK though had a very detailed description of the Last Alliance, I just wanna see a movie based on that. But I most likely won't so I need to leave this thread before I get my nerd on.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    the hobbit
    I don't care if they are expanding it to three movies . just like the other trilogy this trilogy will release its sequels exactly in a years span of each other so we'll be seeing the next chapter the desolation of smaug in December 2013. I can't wait to see smaug.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the hobbit
    I was just recently forced to watch all these movies and i'm gonna say The Hobbit by a landslide. I quit halfway through The Two Towers, but TFOTR and Two Towers were two of the most boring, overrated, drawn out for no reason movie experiences i'd ever endured. I guess Return of the King makes it all worth it? But I didn't care enough to see it through. The Hobbit tho...that ? was dope!
  • reapin505
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I was just recently forced to watch all these movies and i'm gonna say The Hobbit by a landslide. I quit halfway through The Two Towers, but TFOTR and Two Towers were two of the most boring, overrated, drawn out for no reason movie experiences i'd ever endured. I guess Return of the King makes it all worth it? But I didn't care enough to see it through. The Hobbit tho...that ? was dope!

Your gonna despise the Return of the King if you think The Two Towers and TFOTR is long lol I think ROTK is the best but thats cause Gondors is the ? .