if you do 100 burpees a day.....................

Options
TheBoyRo
TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
you definitely will get in shape, but u cant take a long break though, like a 2-5 min rest in between, i just did 5 sets of 20, my biceps are still on fire, its a total body workout

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like that name why don't they call them squat thrust like they did in p.e. back when I was in middle school.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    I don't like that name why don't they call them squat thrust like they did in p.e. back when I was in middle school.

smh what does the name have to do with the exercise????? who cares? ? works!!
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the penitentiary wake up workout from coast to coast, lol.

they are cool for getting your cardiovascular system in shape definitely. as far as muscular definition, there's better stuff you can do once you are able to a few sets of 20 of these and other bodyweight moves (chinups, pushups, etc).

but don't get me wrong, these will make a man or a b**** out of you if you are not in good cardio shape. after you got that down, you're better off moving weights in my opinion.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Squats >

...........only work on ur legs, burpees work on upper body too
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using ones own body weight to as resistence has been a technqiue of the Shaolin Monks and Samauri for ages. Burpees are the ? for anybody trying to get a gut check on their body. literally
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Squats >

...........only work on ur legs, burpees work on upper body too

Proper squats work back legs and abs if you get the form down. Front squats are way more challenging than burpees imo.