Will turned down the Django cuz his character would've been second fiddle to the bounty hunter

Options
12346»

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Will ain't even that good of an actor, he is shoe horned into roles because he is Much like the rock. His race is indistinguishable and he is nonthreatening.

I lost my faith in will after I am Legend and hancock.

That ? ain't nothing but Cuba gooding jr with job security.

u do have a point. Just like The Rock, most of his love interests in his films are non black. Will has been following that trend for some years.

If I'm not mistaken most of will smith love interests are black.

maybe in his early years. It seems like since 06/07 they've been non black: hitch, i robot, i am legend, hancock. Just off the top of my head

in i am legend baby girl was mad lightskinned ... but i always thought she was black. irobot there was no love interest LOL, and atleast theres no love scene in hancock lol
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boys 1 and 2
  • UPTOWN
    edited April 2013
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    at the end of the day, no black actors ever win anything for their best roles.

So Ray wasn't Jamie's "best" role ever as an actor? If there is any other better than that one please let me know . .

The same can be applied to Scorsese who finally won an Oscar for The Departed against other of his superior work

Its not like Denzel said during his acceptance speech: "Yo I don't deserve this .. Will should have it .."

And whether playing angelic or nasty characters, your job as an actor is to nail 'em which Denzel did in Training Day, which wasn't a great film anyway save for his outstanding performance

Anthony Hopkins won for Silence Of The Lambs, Marlon Brando won for The Godfather, Daniel-Day Lewis won for There Will Be Blood .. They're all white. Were any of those roles "good guy" roles?

LOL
    no ray wasnt jamies best role... it was just his biggest role

you named three white guys with "bad" roles ....now... name three blacks who won for "good" roles cause ill name ten whites who did

like i said no one black ever wins for playing anything other than a safe ? . malcolm x and muhammed ali are not safe negroes

sit down LOL

• UPTOWN
    Options
    Has Will been in a GOAT movie Yet? He's in a few movies That are really good but never in a movie that I would say is one of my favorites or in consideration while Jamie Foxx has.

which movie??
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    at the end of the day, no black actors ever win anything for their best roles.

So Ray wasn't Jamie's "best" role ever as an actor? If there is any other better than that one please let me know . .

The same can be applied to Scorsese who finally won an Oscar for The Departed against other of his superior work

Its not like Denzel said during his acceptance speech: "Yo I don't deserve this .. Will should have it .."

And whether playing angelic or nasty characters, your job as an actor is to nail 'em which Denzel did in Training Day, which wasn't a great film anyway save for his outstanding performance

Anthony Hopkins won for Silence Of The Lambs, Marlon Brando won for The Godfather, Daniel-Day Lewis won for There Will Be Blood .. They're all white. Were any of those roles "good guy" roles?

LOL
    no ray wasnt jamies best role... it was just his biggest role

you named three white guys with "bad" roles ....now... name three blacks who won for "good" roles cause ill name ten whites who did

like i said no one black ever wins for playing anything other than a safe ? . malcolm x and muhammed ali are not safe negroes

sit down LOL

Jamie had a better role than Ray? Nah..
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamie became Ray I think that was his best role so far.
    I gotta agree that Will Smith is just Will in his movies but I still think that he can act.
    I dont know anyone that ranks Will more than what he is
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or maybe Will shoulda used his Hollywood muscle then in getting Spike Lee, a renowned BLACK film director to shoot Ali 'cos I know he was a producer in that movie . .

The results woulda been different probably for him and the picture
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will ain't even that good of an actor, he is shoe horned into roles because he is Much like the rock. His race is indistinguishable and he is nonthreatening.

u do have a point. Just like The Rock, most of his love interests in his films are non black. Will has been following that trend for some years.

maybe in his early years. It seems like since 06/07 they've been non black: hitch, i robot, i am legend, hancock. Just off the top of my head

in i am legend baby girl was mad lightskinned ... but i always thought she was black. irobot there was no love interest LOL, and atleast theres no love scene in hancock lol
    I was about to say salli richardson ain't non black
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I Robot he kinda had a thing going with his ? co worker. White chick with dark hair. And that chick with the son in i am legend definitely wasn't black in any way shape or form. lol
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh nvm, u were refering to his wife in I Am Legend. I forgot about her, she had such a small role.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    Enemy if the state was very good.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Hits blunt*

What if... after saving his wife, Django fights during the Civil War and becomes a war hero... then becomes a hired gun and has to team up with yet another white bounty hunter to stop a legless Confederate inventor from rebooting the war?

Maybe Will didn't take the part because it's a prequel to Wild Wild West...

BxwgnpNIMAEb5q5.jpg
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options