More Impressive 72-10 or 33 Game Win Streak?

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
If the Heat get to 33 and win the title does that make them the greatest NBA team of all time?

More Impressive 72-10 or 33 Game Win Streak? 98 votes

72-10
95%
dc's teflondonrap mysterioBender Rodriguezbuttuh_bmomanpr100akomaxdalyricalbanditfunkdocdamcgns1of1dwade206afromoS2Jalmighty breezegreenwood1921Focal Pointmiamivice305CP203mike06infamous114 94 votes
33 Game Streak
4%
usmarin3TheBoyRoBlackThor356Lebong James 4 votes

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    72-10
    damn that's tough call, 33 wins is phenomenal, but to have the whole league on smash and lose only 10 times... I think that might trump the streak. The Lakers finished 69-13 with the 33 game win streak. The Bulls finished three losses less without one
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    72-10
    72-10 will never happen again.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    Trojan Horse stan thread tho. lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    Land slide… lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    The funniest thing about it is that the NBA wanted so bad for that 72-10 record to be broken. It's like every year some team would start off strong and everyone would pick them to break the record and then they'd fall off and not even get close. Going 82 games and only losing 10 is crazy.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    33 Game Streak
    No room for error in a win streak, plus the Heat will probably finish within 4-5 games of that 72 wins.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    72-10
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    No room for error in a win streak, plus the Heat will probably finish within 4-5 games of that 72 wins.

lol What are you talking about? The Heat have made a bunch of errors. That's why they've found themselves having to dig out of huge holes at the end of these games.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    33 Game Streak
    When I say no room for error, if you lose its over. The Bulls didn't have the pressure of winning every game.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    These mofuckas lost 10 games son . That's it.........besides miami still got chitown and spurs coming up.....but again........10 losses and won 72..Period.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol What are you talking about? The Heat have made a bunch of errors. That's why they've found themselves having to dig out of huge holes at the end of these games.

Your misinterpreting error for boredom and disinterest. Its very hard to objectively say which is more impressive, on one hand you have a complete and utter ? of the league with the Bulls and on the other hand you have something thats hasnt been done in 40 years and pre-merger, when the competition wasn't as tough.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i think they are both impressive as hell, like the 1st poster said the bulls team never got that streak but their record speaks for itself and 33 wins in a row hasnt been done since the 60s if im not mistaken, when the lakers did it
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    72-10
    rage wrote: »

Your misinterpreting error for boredom and disinterest. Its very hard to objectively say which is more impressive, on one hand you have a complete and utter ? of the league with the Bulls and on the other hand you have something thats hasnt been done in 40 years and pre-merger, when the competition wasn't as tough.

Well, letting boredom and disinterest get the better of you to the point that it almost jeopardizes what you're working for is an error.

And the competition ain't all that tough now. Look at the East and tell me, how many of those teams shouldn't be damn near a guaranteed win for MIA. I'm not trying to knock them because staying consistent is tough no matter what the situation, but the league sucks right now. SA is dominating the league second only to MIA and they haven't even had their star players on the court for long stretches of the season. That should tell you everything you need to know about the competition now.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    33 game win streak. for me, a record is only as impressive as the margin that exists between the record holder and runners up.

nvm you made this about the Heat. So if they only get to 33 or 34 then no its not as impressive as 72-10 but if they are up in the 40's then yeah
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    losing 10 times in one season(as well as winning the chip) is way more impressive than beating a bunch of scrub teams consecutively for a stretch...I'd be more impressed if the Heat were out west with this streak....alot of the teams they've beaten during the streak just plain suck and that's not thier fault but Jordan's 72 came against alot better competition IMO

I also think had they been this "focused" throughout the year they could've easily gotten 73 wins this year...
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    out of the 27 wins the heat have now only 12 are against playoff teams and like everybody said the level of comp in the league aint even up to par with the heat so I'll take the bulls 72-10
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    Lol @ usmarine only picking the 33 game streak because he think Lebron might match/pass it.

Anybody with half a brain is gonna pick the 72-10. I mean are you kidding me? On some levels that feat is kinda underrated if you ask me.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, letting boredom and disinterest get the better of you to the point that it almost jeopardizes what you're working for is an error.

And the competition ain't all that tough now. Look at the East and tell me, how many of those teams shouldn't be damn near a guaranteed win for MIA. I'm not trying to knock them because staying consistent is tough no matter what the situation, but the league sucks right now. SA is dominating the league second only to MIA and they haven't even had their star players on the court for long stretches of the season. That should tell you everything you need to know about the competition now.

How is it an error when it hasn't cost them anything? Within the context of a win streak, the only error would be a loss.

The NBA in the 70s was nowhere near as deep as it is now. They weren't even playing against the best competition when 50% of the players were playing in the ABA.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait. whats the question? more impressive record or does winning 33 games in a row make the heat the best team ever?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2013
    Options
    72-10

How is it an error when it hasn't cost them anything? Within the context of a win streak, the only error would be a loss.

The NBA in the 70s was nowhere near as deep as it is now. They weren't even playing against the best competition when 50% of the players were playing in the ABA.

What the ? ? Just because it doesn't cost you in the long run doesn't mean it's not an error. If you're a work and make a mistake, but find it and fix it before anyone else catches on does that mean the mistake was never made? No. Getting complacent and putting what you're working for at risk is an error. That doesn't mean you can't refocus yourself and get the job completed before any damage is done. Even in the context of a streak, almost losing a game that should be an easy win is still an error. No, it's not a streak ending error, but it's still a mistake.

And again, it's irrelevant that the talent was split between two leagues back then. If there were 20 superstar level players back then and 10 were in the NBA and 10 were in the ABA. Then the NBA still had better talent then than now if there are only 8 superstar level players in today's league. And know those aren't real numbers, I'm just making a point. Like I said before. There were like 3 or 4 good teams back then and everyone else was just taking up space. There are like 3 or 4 good teams now and everyone else is just taking up space. Overall the competition between teams in the league is about the same.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    72-10 is more impressive to me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    72-10
    Matt- wrote: »
    wait. whats the question? more impressive record or does winning 33 games in a row make the heat the best team ever?

To be honest, ? is getting kind of muddled. I think people are arguing more about how had the better season, the Bulls with their 72-10 record or the Lakers with the 33 game streak.

Honestly, that is different than a general question regarding which is a superior feat.

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10

Winning 30 plus games and still not eclipsing 72-10 speaks volumes about what 72-10 really is..... stop it.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10

Winning 30 plus games and still not eclipsing 72-10 speaks volumes about what 72-10 really is..... stop it.

That works both ways though. That you can play well enough to go 72-10 and not even reach a 19 game win streak, let alone 33, speaks volumes too.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    72-10
    Lol didn't them ngas start the season off like 5-3 or some ? ..or 4-3..
  • PebblesGirard
    PebblesGirard Members Posts: 69
    Options
    72-10
    Alot of people don't remember the Bulls had the 18 game win streak slipped up and won 13 more in a row they had a 31-1 stretch that's pretty damn good.