can you be Godly and commit fornication?

Options

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Christianity or in any religion.

You can basically do anything as you please as long you have that deity in your heart.
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    joseph sun wrote: »
    not committing fornication is a direct commandment of ? . yes alot of people sin but to consciously and constantly commit fornication while claiming to be obedient to ? is hypocritical.

who says that Christians cannot be hypocrites?

christians can be hypocrites but you cant be a hypocrite and Godly.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not committing fornication is a direct commandment of ? . yes alot of people sin but to consciously and constantly commit fornication while claiming to be obedient to ? is hypocritical.

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shots fired at @dro?

SHOTS FIRED AT YOUR SNOUT
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Why didn't you come brag about that like you did your vacation?

I'm happy to hear that though, good job Norman.
  • joseph sun
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

youre thinking of Godly in a literal sense. I mean as someone who puts ? in their life above all things. the answer to this thread was no.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sure, let's just plan to sin, and plan to ask for forgiveness......
    then plan to sin again....and plan to ask for forgiveness again....
    and when i see some better temptation i'm just gon plan to sin again....

it's not ok to accept yourself as you are, but only if you make yourself feel better about it.
    suuuuuuuure.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, YES YOU CAN JOE...

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING A MISTAKE BUT ONCE YOU MAKE A PRACTICE OF DOING WRONG STUFF, THEN IT BECOMES A PROBLEM
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lol..you shouldnt "plan" to do anything...evidently things should get old and you should resist temptation to fornicate or least try and work on it until you get close to wanting to do it anymore..

ngas think the answer is to sin..ask for forgiveness and welp let me go and do it again and think it's all good and dandy lol..nah..you got show growth that you're working trying to be godly..
  • joseph sun
    Options
    TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, YES YOU CAN JOE...

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING A MISTAKE BUT ONCE YOU MAKE A PRACTICE OF DOING WRONG STUFF, THEN IT BECOMES A PROBLEM

youre right. you can be righteous and commit a sin. im referring to those who fornicate on a regular basis while pretending to obey ? .

• Matt-
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

youre thinking of Godly in a literal sense. I mean as someone who puts ? in their life above all things. the answer to this thread was no.

Nobody can put ? above all things at all times with all actions. Its impossible. If it were possible, then sin wouldn't exist they way that it does today. What would be the point of salvation and redeption if people didn't have anything to be saved from?
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't realize this many cats on the IC lived alternative lifestyles.

Let me sit back, watch, look, read, and be entertained.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ Kat!
    I didnt brag, if i remember correctly, i was in need of advice... thought the Powder room was a place to get it...
    but yall heaux changed! As evident by these Pass or Pass threads and PPM yall got in there lol!
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

Nobody can put ? above all things at all times with all actions. Its impossible. If it were possible, then sin wouldn't exist they way that it does today. What would be the point of salvation and redeption if people didn't have anything to be saved from?

CAN U FURTHER EXPLAIN THE BOLDED
  • joseph sun
    edited March 2013
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

well devoting yourself to ? is a constant effort that does involve committing sins and being forgiven for them, but you cant be a preacher or someone who constantly talks about being empowered by ? , and talk about and take pride in sexual escapades the next breath.

• Matt-
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

because the only person in the history of the world to ever do that was named Jesus Christ.
  • Matt-
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

well devoting yourself to ? is a constant effort that does involve committing sins and being forgiven for them, but you cant be a preacher or someone who constantly talks about being empowered by ? , and talk about and take pride in sexual escapades the next breath.

its absolutely a sin to commit sin and then take pride in that sin. i don't think anyone would argue that.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

because the only person in the history of the world to ever do that was named Jesus Christ.

NO, IT CAN BE DONE, BUT WE DONT DO IT... 2 DIFFERENT THINGS
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    smh @ Kat!
    I didnt brag, if i remember correctly, i was in need of advice... thought the Powder room was a place to get it...
    but yall heaux changed! As evident by these Pass or Pass threads and PPM yall got in there lol!

lol..now you should have known that no females would be trying to hear that ? you were posting.

Soon as you mentioned head and female other than wife it was a wrap.
  • Matt-
    Options

Godly = Perfection

nobody can be Godly

NO, IT CAN BE DONE, BUT WE DONT DO IT... 2 DIFFERENT THINGS

lol no it can't. Its not possible at all. doing so would be doing exactly as ? commanded and exactly as Jesus acted. nobody is capable of absolute perfection. I'm sure you are aware of the "for all have sinned but fallen short of the glory of ? ...." verse. Everyone has sinned. and Everyone will sin.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

100% awareness is impossible for sure at this point, and true if it were possible sin wouldn't exist for us like it does for ? and supposedly did for jesus. We are born into a world of ignorance, we are saved from our ignorance. Through ignorance man makes mistakes, we learn through trial and error. Sins are not punished, but corrected, only in an unsane world would errors be punished rather than corrected.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall be wanting it both ways tho Kat.
    You just posted in another thread....
    women know whats up when they marry a boss....
    but...
    dont blame them for taking advantage or some ? like that.

Guys know whats up with thier wives, what they really can get away with...
    but when we play that card, we get hated on HARD.
  • Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Everyone sins but there is a difference between sinning and practicing sin. You cannot PRACTICE sin and be Godly. Anyone that does so is just fakin'.
  • joseph sun
    Options
    Bookworm wrote: »
    Everyone sins but you cannot PRACTICE sin and be godly

hmm this is a simple yet very effective post as far as this thread goes.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone that actualky believes that ? this day and age is a ? clown.