LeBron's TRUEST rival....so far

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Paul Pierce
    Wade and Lebron really did have some classic head to head matchups...Wade taking a bunch of rejects to the playoffs with a MVP-like season.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As good as Wade is i really use to think it was close between Bron' and Wade as far as who was better when they were on seperate teams , but when u see them out there on the floor together it's clear that Bron' just so much better than everyone else...i use to think Wade was slightly better before Bron got there.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Nah Wades not better than Lebron now...I'm glad he went to Mia tho cause he is the best in the league...with that said, I favor wades style of play more. I'd say he sacrificed his game more relying on cuts n in the post to accommodate LeBron running the show...and u see whats happening right about now...shouts to the role players who contributed as well
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

props for this vid. too bad we will never c this again. wish they would've met each other in the playoffs. ? would've been EPIC.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Pierce
    Its easily pierce. Both guys have beaten each other in the playoffs.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carmelo Anthony
    Wade is better than Lebron head to head, and Wade had a case for being better than Lebron overall 2 years back.... but when Wade saw that Lebron couldn't play 1b via Lebron embarrassing himself in the Finals, Wade decided to take a back seat and it ended in them winning a ring.

If anything Wade deserves more props than Lebron because he was willing to take a back seat to someone who's really not better than him given all the intangibles.

If Lebron was really on some team first ? , he would have 2 rings by now. Instead Wade had to make ALL the sacrifice.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Carmelo Anthony
    Btw y'all don't know it yet, but Melo is going to son Lebron in the conference finals.... and probably win the whole thing.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wade is better than Lebron head to head, and Wade had a case for being better than Lebron overall 2 years back.... but when Wade saw that Lebron couldn't play 1b via Lebron embarrassing himself in the Finals, Wade decided to take a back seat and it ended in them winning a ring.

If anything Wade deserves more props than Lebron because he was willing to take a back seat to someone who's really not better than him given all the intangibles.

If Lebron was really on some team first ? , he would have 2 rings by now. Instead Wade had to make ALL the sacrifice.

LOL
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul Pierce
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    It's a shame we likely won't get to see him tested individually, in his Prime, like the other Stars from the past.

Lets be real bruh , don't matter who out there aint nobody stopping no damn Tight end sized basketball player that moves like a PG

Only person that has ever stopped Lebron was Lebron when he was mentally weak , but as for actual play nobody would be able to guard him ..not at no 6'8 260 moving like that , he's too strong and too fast.

don't matter who you put out there he'd still get his..

Of course he would still get his. KD averaged 30 in the Finals mainly against LeBron and Battier, but that's expected. You can't fully stop a great player like that.

Check at around the 2:50 Mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvMZU9fbpiY

Hakeem saying he only plays about 5 guys a year who he had to get ready for. LeBron ain't really got to get ready like that for anybody, regardless of his talent.

Just 10 years ago, we probably had the greatest collection of wing players at one point. Now? Not so much
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should've been Melo since they both came in the leque in 2003.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

? shut your ? up
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited March 2013
    Carmelo Anthony
    coop9889 wrote: »

? shut your ? up

You're letting ESPN mold your opinion. The difference between Lebron and Wade isn't that big at all. Anything Lebron can do, Wade can do.

There's a reason why Wade won a ring and a finals MVP before Lebron even got close to winning a ring. Then Wade brought him to promise land again only to find out that Lebron was a choke, and Lebron could only win on his terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emXNsKw7a3w

Wade sonning Lebron on some WTF are you doing ? .
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Gotta stop feeding trolls.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He doesnt really have a rival right now but once Durant comes into his own probably in the next 2-3 seasons it will be him.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Pierce
    its crazy that KD ballin like he is but he aint even in his prime yet
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    its crazy that KD ballin like he is but he aint even in his prime yet

^^^^^That. And neither are his two best teammates.

Ssssh. Don't tell nobody tho.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carmelo Anthony
    Carmelo with Pierce close behind, Melo was regular season rival and Pierce was post season rival
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    Kevin Durant..
    Once he learn how to take over and lead OKC..
    he needs to stop letting Russel Westbrook gun all the time..

I don't see that happening, it's pretty obvious that Westbrook is the alpha personality and heart of the Thunders. Durant is a great scorer no doubt, but he just doesn't strike me as a ? who will keep fighting like how Westbrook does.

As for this thread, i would say Pierce. They had a great rivalry for a while until Lebron finally got some help.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Pierce
    As good as Wade is i really use to think it was close between Bron' and Wade as far as who was better when they were on seperate teams , but when u see them out there on the floor together it's clear that Bron' just so much better than everyone else...i use to think Wade was slightly better before Bron got there.

I agree but that was a prime Wade vs. a pre-prime Lebron. They were on the same level or Wade was probably a lil better.

Now it's a post-prime Wade and a prime Lebron together. Lebron is way better at this point.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul Pierce
    if we're talking rivals

past = pierce

current/future = KD

shouldve been = melo
    what he said.....

• jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    It was D-Wade........ until he figured it would be more beneficial to his career to become a ? rider.
  • darknight
    darknight Members Posts: 185
    I was talking about this to my partner the other day. As of right now, LeBron has no rivals realistically. Durant isn't quite ready, Kobe's just too old, & I'm convinced 'Melo just don't care enough.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually Timmy knocked him off his first ring not dirk
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Pierce
    CopperKing wrote: »
    Actually Timmy knocked him off his first ring not dirk

No one counts that, since we all knew who was going to win that series.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Dwayne Wade (yes, him too)
    Gotta go with D wade now that I think about it... Wade will always have one more championship than bron as long as they stay together. Those two are like bros. now.

But the most honest answer is currently himself.. but if he gets 5 rings then he will start getting the Jordan treatment, he's just not there yet.