Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeros/The Phantom Pain

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL@ putting 360 in the title as if it wont sell more on PS3. FF13 anyone?
    Would rather have a new time period and character or a sequel playing as Liquid.Big Boss is not interesting past MGS3. Especially since Snake.whooped his ass twice.
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    im still waiting for the boss and the corba unit to have their own game based on the ww2 missions and bay of pigs and a new zoe game running on the fox engine.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it coming to PS3 too? Or only the new consoles?
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pray this ? comes to ps3. I wanna see the turning point for Big Boss with out having to take a loan out for the ps4. He gets ? grimy in this out there killing kids and child soldiers. And ocelot is back.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    It's coming for PS3, 360, XB1, PS4 and PC.

This will be the first home console MGS I play since part 3 since I had no interest in the narrative after MGS2 at all. Can't pass up on this one I mean it's the sequel to Snake Eater, Portable Ops and Peace Walker the only MGS games I like outside the first one. Especially MGS3.

They're finally revamping the game and no longer jokingly just labeling it as stealth when there isn't much challenging anti stealth AI involved ("oh it's just a box" lmao) which is something I've wanted to see for years. And on top of all that it has Jack Bauer as Big Boss. Yeah it's an easy cop.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the box will always be apart of MGS
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    the box will always be apart of MGS

Thankfully it won't be the only accessory you could use to move around stealthily this time. I expect the best enemy AI in MGS history.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of the millennium.
  • scoop1215
    edited June 2013
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    im wondering if eli " a youth who curses his fate" is a young liquid kojima did say it takes place in 84 it looks like him same hair, the open jacket and the snake on his lap and in this time setting he would be 12 the same age eli is, if quiet is a young sniper wolf and 5 minutes into the trailer it looks like big boss is killing chico.

• reapin505
    I was wondering the same thing. Liquid was in some middle eastern country before MGS1 I remember. I am guessing this is showing Big Boss decent from hero into the villain of MG1 and 2. Its gonna be a nice conclusion of his story line. I wonder if they would do a game on The Boss, would explain her ? too.
  • scoop1215
    reapin505 wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing. Liquid was in some middle eastern country before MGS1 I remember. I am guessing this is showing Big Boss decent from hero into the villain of MG1 and 2. Its gonna be a nice conclusion of his story line. I wonder if they would do a game on The Boss, would explain her ? too.
    red band trailer with extra 3 minutes in it. its graphic kaz has a missing arm and leg too it seems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFnu-_8Q6I

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want them to remake metal gear 1 and 2 for ps4
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are rumors that the kid is a young Liquid Snake....I don't think so.....the timeline doesn't add up....and Les Enfant Teribles was one of the reasons Snake broke away from The Patriots....So I can't see snake taking him under his wing....and Liquid was captured in Iraq during the Gulf War
  • reapin505
    So this takes place during the soviets invasion of Afghanistan it looks like. It is before Liquids time then. Snake is shooting kids and has shrapnel in his head and has began his fall. Was Big Boss missing an arm in MGS4? I'm getting hype enough to play the whole series again. Also isn't Sniper Wolf from the region around Afghanistan, like isnt she a kurd? ? so many question ? is turning into lost for me. I will admit Jack Boyer plays a half decent old Big Boss.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's miller missing the arm looks like.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    I still think David Hayter's gonna be in it. Because I don't think the main character is gonna be who he appears to be. Plus Kojima is a master troll.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Open worldish MGS?!
    MGS always been open worldish
  • themadlionsfan
    So this takes place during the soviets invasion of Afghanistan it looks like. It is before Liquids time then. Snake is shooting kids and has shrapnel in his head and has began his fall. Was Big Boss missing an arm in MGS4? I'm getting hype enough to play the whole series again. Also isn't Sniper Wolf from the region around Afghanistan, like isnt she a kurd? ? so many question ? is turning into lost for me. I will admit Jack Boyer plays a half decent old Big Boss.

no.....Big Boss wasn't missing an arm in MGS 4......after the events of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.....Big Boss was kept in coma with his body in really bad shaped because Solid Snake burnt him alive.....his body was eventually stolen and put back together by Eva's paramilitary organization (the name escapes me for the moment) using parts from Solidus who was killed by Raiden.....and yeah....Sniper Wolf was a kurd...so its possible Quiet relates to Sniper Wolf in some way but I don't think Quiet is Sniper Wolf....Quiet is a brunette and Sniper Wolf was a blonde
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is perfect for the DS4. I might hold out on buying it depending on when I get a PS4.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That eli kid is liquid
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a kurd?
  • reapin505
    Like tribe or some ? like Shi'a maybe. I don't remember frankly all I know its in that general area
  • scoop1215
    that walking robot tank that big boss is riding in the end of the extended trailer is sick could it be a small version of metal gear zeke from peace walker
  • themadlionsfan
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    That eli kid is liquid

link?