Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeros/The Phantom Pain

Options

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then whoever said it didn't feel like MGS game lol, I haven't gotten a full nights sleep in weeks I can't remember ? .
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Kinda Miss The Linear/Narrative Driven Gameplay...I Was Always A Fan Of The Long Cutscenes...Truthfully This Feels Like Abuncha Training Missions ....The Audiotapes Are Not A Good Replacement For Actual Visuals...Love The Gameplay....I Haven't Even Encountered An Actual Boss I Just Ran Away From Them Gas Skulls A Few Episodes Back....
    Its Obvious Kojima Listened To All Whiny Fans Who Complained About The Long Videos In Previous Games But He Didn't Have Go To This Extreme....I'm Still Early In Game But Based On The Reviews I've Read The Story Is Pretty Bare Bones

I'm An Impatient Gamer So I've Never Really Like Stealth Games ...That Why I Always Sucked At Splinter Cell...But Have Always Been A Fan MGS Since The OG PSX Joint...It Allows You Run And Gun If Thats The Way You Wanna Play Without Penalizing You nh....

I Still Got Black OPS 3 In The Wrapper And Plan On Getting Fallout 4 But It Looks Like I'll Be Playing This For Awhile Maybe Even Longer Than Arkham Asylum

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign the linear narrative...

Even Codec convo's are missed, the tapes are a cool concept but fall a little flat...

Paid Jack Bauer all that cash and he don't speak all that much...

I'm bout 1/2 way through story missions done a lot of side stuff, had it day one but have since put it down for Dragon Age: Inquisition. I will come back eventually as it is really fun just not very MGS like...
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are playing this game but have other games on standby, you may as well move on now. I love the metal gear series but there's not much payoff to completing this game. And if you try to sell games when you're done (I do), this game will be $35 new on black Friday. Best sell it while you can. Got $40 for mine Tuesday.
  • nawledge_god
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    If you are playing this game but have other games on standby, you may as well move on now. I love the metal gear series but there's not much payoff to completing this game. And if you try to sell games when you're done (I do), this game will be $35 new on black Friday. Best sell it while you can. Got $40 for mine Tuesday.

I Only Paid 10 Bucks For It With The Vouchers From @HarlemNY Don't Get Me Wrong It's Not A Wack Game But The Story Left Alot To Be Desired...I'm Gonna Finish It Like I Did The With Earlier Games...I Got Fallout 4 Also For The Backlog
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't keep my copy long. Just never engaged me.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not even half way through.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it worth the copp if your an avid online player?? I won't even touch the single player
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the whole point of mgs is the story
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the whole point of mgs is the story

I know but the real fun is online
  • nawledge_god
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just Beat This ? And Got The True Ending.....Here's A Few Thoughts

• Game Of The Year For Sure
    • Ocelot Is ? And He Has They ? For Venom Snake/Big Boss nh
    • The Boss Battles Weren't Ass ILL As In Past Games The Parasite Units Were Underwhelming
    • Quiet Is My Computer Love/E-Bae And Possibly My Favorite Female Video Game Character Of All-Time Sorry Resident Evil Bishes...Ol Gurl Was So Ride Or Die..She Was So Well Written And Haunting

Her Fate Had Me Like

crying-man.gif

• The Lack Of Cut Scenes Still Bothered Me But Wasn't As Bad When Seeing The Overall Package nh
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Just Beat This ? And Got The True Ending.....Here's A Few Thoughts

• Quiet Is My Computer Love/E-Bae And Possibly My Favorite Female Video Game Character Of All-Time Sorry Resident Evil Bishes...Ol Gurl Was So Ride Or Die..She Was So Well Written And Haunting

Her Fate Had Me Like

crying-man.gif

• The Lack Of Cut Scenes Still Bothered Me But Wasn't As Bad When Seeing The Overall Package nh

Quiets ending was so sad never thought i would care so much about a character that barley speaks.
  • reapin505
    Options
    She spoke more than Snake. But yeah that ? is depressing.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh, MGS4, MGS3, MGS1, MGS5. MGS2.

So ? I wasted money on this. Kojima with this bait and switch fuckery is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildly upsetting.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Eh, MGS4, MGS3, MGS1, MGS5. MGS2.

So ? I wasted money on this. Kojima with this bait and switch fuckery is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildly upsetting.

After Ground Zeroes I knew this game was going in the wrong direction, which is why I never bought it and I looked at the ending online and knew it was some BS just so Koji could move on from Konami.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i still aint played it yet, now.all the true reviews coming out
  • nawledge_god
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

The Gameplay Is Outstanding Bruh But If You Been Following The Story Of Previous Games You'll Probably Be
    Disappointed ...Its Seems Rushed
  • KNiGHTS
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »

The Gameplay Is Outstanding Bruh But If You Been Following The Story Of Previous Games You'll Probably Be
    Disappointed ...Its Seems Rushed

This. All of this.

The gameplay is straight up and down some GOAT candidate ? . Even more than halfway through, it's amazing from gameplay and storytelling. Then it stops and blindsides you with backtracking, side quests, and tapes... mounds and mounds of tapes.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would have made much more sense to replace the tapes with some kind cut scene you can trigger on mother base. You come back from a mission and you could have Ocelot, Miller, and other characters all have they own private quarters. Even Snake could of had one. You go in there, look at all the cool character details of they living area, select a conversation, and the game cuts to a cinema. Could of even just been a slide show using that lead artist they've always had for MGS, I like his style.

But instead, we got what we got for all the reasons that probably are.
  • KNiGHTS
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    It would have made much more sense to replace the tapes with some kind cut scene you can trigger on mother base. You come back from a mission and you could have Ocelot, Miller, and other characters all have they own private quarters. Even Snake could of had one. You go in there, look at all the cool character details of they living area, select a conversation, and the game cuts to a cinema. Could of even just been a slide show using that lead artist they've always had for MGS, I like his style.

I spent like an hour plus looking for them when I first got to Motherbase. I was like, "All this space, the detail in their rooms is about to be crazy!"
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think kojima did that bc ppl complained about cut scenes being too long in previous games (5-8 hrs in total for some not including game play)

Then u can listen while u play. I got used to it n didnt mind it. Theres a lot of interesting info in those tapes that adds to the story we've all complained the game supposedly lacks. It really just lacks visuals to the story we hear in the tapes is all.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MGS V is the last game I been addicted to playing.and I bought it the day it came out. ? is Goat. If ur an mgs fan dont miss out.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Copped phantom pain. Skipped ground zero.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

I think kojima did that bc ppl complained about cut scenes being too long in previous games (5-8 hrs in total for some not including game play)

Then u can listen while u play. I got used to it n didnt mind it. Theres a lot of interesting info in those tapes that adds to the story we've all complained the game supposedly lacks. It really just lacks visuals to the story we hear in the tapes is all.

This is true, ironically.

I recently got back into playing. Discovered that completing mission 46 allows you to play the game and all cut scenes as your avatar. Also found out that my FOB has been getting attacked the entire time I've been playing without my knowledge. Those points Invested in my defense has paid off. Infiltraters been getting handled left and right and I ain't never had to handle it personally, yet. GMP is way easier to get, last two weeks I ain't never had less than a mill.
  • reapin505
    edited February 2016
    Options