Is It Better To Raise Your Kids Among Blacks or Whites

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
This is mainly for the black people on the board. This is statement that I got from another message board that I post on

"Is it better to raise young black children amongst whites and have them possible hell even very likely to put up with the traditional racism, or raise them in the black community which seems hell bent on molding young black children into the next generation of social miscreants."

Until ? learn how to act, I'm going to live and raise my children among those "good white folks." It's just going to be my job as a parent to let them known of their African heritage, culture, and instill them with knowledge of self.

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is going to be people you'd want to influence your kids, and people you wouldn't want to influence your kids, regardless of where you live. Race is irrelevant.

But you as a parent have more influence than any of them.

So unless you're a ? parent it don't matter who you raise them among.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    im not even gonna call this ? logic..

i'll just ask are there no "good black folks" to raise kids amongst?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends the education level and the maturity of the people.

Not just by color.

That would be silly.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Color and race plays lil bearing in my day to day life

Classism is the biggest thing I deal with so I'd rather raise my children around those with class and wealth vs those without it
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    There is going to be people you'd want to influence your kids, and people you wouldn't want to influence your kids, regardless of where you live. Race is irrelevant.

So unless you're a ? parent it don't matter who you raise them among

That sounds good but I don't know if I agree with that, especially if you have older children that are to the age where mom and dad aren't 'cool'.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about black and white ? but when I first came to America I stayed in the hood and went to hood schools, as a result I picked up bad habits and had bad grades. My mom took on two jobs and moved me to the burbs, after that I made honor roll every semester. You are a byproduct of your surroundings, put your kids in an environment where intelligence is encouraged and they'll succeed.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got my daughter dual citizenship package filled out for Sweden. ? raising her among Americans, its not a race thing for me. When she's old enough to make those decisions on where she wants to be, she can go.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ products of enviroment. You just need to have better critical thinking skills.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The entire culture of america is sick and corrupt so anywhere you put them they are not going to be as good as they could have been.

If they are raised around too much white people you run the risk of them attaing a low self esteem This is especially true if you have a daughter and no amount of daddy love can replace the need girls have to feel pretty by boys of their age group. If you have a son you run the risk of him turning into a house ? or the extreme opposite, a white devil killing ? .

the best thing to do is raise a child among blacks of a certain standard and teach him to help and sometimes pity those blacks who cannot live up to that standard.

I would never raise a child in america, people over estimate the influence parents have no matter how hard you try if the culture around the kid is ? that ? is going to seep into your offspring.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One, I was being sarcastic, two unless you live in Harlem or in ATL, most "good black folks," live among those good white folks.
    zombie wrote: »
    The entire culture of america is sick and corrupt so anywhere you put them they are not going to be as good as they could have been.

Assuming you have the money, where a better place to raise children other than America? Yeah you have counter the homotizing of America, but other that where do you wan to raise your kids, Scandinavia?
    I would never raise a child in america, people over estimate the influence parents have no matter how hard you try if the culture around the kid is ? that ? is going to seep into your offspring.

That's only if you live in cluster ? neighborhood, even then good parents that instill good morals and values in their children steer their kids in the right direction.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One, I was being sarcastic, two unless you live in Harlem or in ATL, most "good black folks," live among those good white folks.
    zombie wrote: »

Assuming you have the money, where a better place to raise children other than America? Yeah you have counter the homotizing of America, but other that where do you wan to raise your kids, Scandinavia?

That's only if you live in cluster ? neighborhood, even then good parents that instill good morals and values in their children steer their kids in the right direction.

Any neighborhood in america it does not matter americn culture is everywhere rich black kids in america are sometimes just as rachet as those in the hood and forget about the burds there is more morally wrong going down there than some ghettos. It does not matter how good the parents are or how much money they make the kids are ? up and if not for daddies money they would be even worse.

The bottom line is this, any nation that has a sick anti-black culture is not a good place to raise black children. A childs education can be taken care of no matter the country but if the social policies of the nation are against the interest of the black race then that is a bad place to raise black children. Scandinavia would be one of the worst places on earth to raise black kids. They are ATHEIST, pro-? super liberal FEMINIST
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its better to raise your kid right.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    With blacks......

"whites" are too judgmental.............

• KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raise them among whoever has common sense.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raise them near Nigerians they are becoming the smartest an moral.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Each has advantages and disadvantages, but overall you're probably better raising them among whites. Sadly.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

So unless you're a ? parent it don't matter who you raise them among.

Let me rephrase the question then: Are there more people you don't want to raise your kids around in the average black or the average white neighborhood?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ideally, it would be culturally mixed for me (more than jus white)just so my child can have direct access to different cultures and people.

but , it would HAVE to have at least considerable amount of black people around, if not in 10+ years he'll be on the internet whining about being "teased" by black people and all this other silly ? like weirdos all over the internet ..this site include

me and mine aint goin out like that. ? that
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    " Whites: very likely to put up with the traditional racism, or Black Community: which seems hell bent on molding young black children into the next generation of social miscreants."

So, between Whites who, ultimately, believe blacks are inferior intellectually, violent, lazy and would sully the locality with their presence and Blacks who are caricatures of anti-intelligence, gang violence, single-parent family structure and the like?

Simple, neither. There are other options, you know.