Do Y'all Ever Give Money To Pan-Handlers & "Homeless" People On The Streets?

Options
13»

Comments

• unRealLady1
    unRealLady1 Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah I figured that. asking someone for a cig at the club isnt panhandling.. sucking ? and eating ? for a reacord deal is tho.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Rock Well wrote: »
    I just hand them a lil Bible verse most cases : For also when we were with you, this we declared to you: that, if any
    man will not work, neither let him eat. 2 Thess 3:10

BUT DONT YOU FORGET THIS SCRIPTURE

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
    Hebrews 13:2
    dats rite. and me being from N.O. by nature i have dope hospitality. we still gotta use discretion, plus everbody gotta work. unless of course it's a valid excuse not to
  • Rock_Well
    Options
    Had a homeless lady posted up by an abandoned anime center that just shut down tell me she work for the CIA
  • Rock_Well
    edited March 2013
    Options
    And for the record, I still have yet to see a homeless asian person. sup wit that?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homeless dude asked me for 10 bucks to buy a meal so i offered to buy him one instead of giving him tha doe ....he told me...aww ? I just wanted tha money
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Mostly if they entertain me. Sometimes I'm more generous when i notice a persons situation is genuine and it depends on how i feel that day. I lose more money buying stupid ? that don't matter. Most of those people are really crazy and there's not much that you can do for them. One of my boys went crazy after smoking angel dust laced in a blunt and he's on some homeless ? now. It's bugged cuz he recognize you from the past but then he goes back to scratching his nuts and then try and to give you a pound. smh \nh.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually buy them some food, being that most of the times I ever get hit up or see them it's in front of a place that sells food.

Although, a couple months ago I saw this homeless man posted up at the intersection near the Chipotle I was going to, he didn't ask me for anything or even see me for that matter. Anyway I order an extra burrito, and handed the bag to him.

Do you know this man looked at me and said "Im a vegetarian" and walks off. Now that's dedication.

But at the end of the day I look at it like I did the very little I could do to help, and what ever they do with that is their business. It's not like I haven't made bad decisions with unexpected opportunities too. So that cant be an excuse for me not to give to those who are in a worse situation than myself. That could just as easily be me in need.
    May it never be.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give at my discretion
    no one's convenience
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't walk around with money but if i did and there was a guy at the corner while I'm at the red light I'll had him a couple
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I once made a homeless person dance for two dollars. It amused me.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have only because of as a child i had to pan handle , and these mufuckas is ? ? i aint stand on no street corner i walked my poor little ass to the rich white neighborhoods and went door to door. My childhood was ? so I make damn well sure my kids will NEVER do that ?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? here in Jacksonville you could have three or four people ask you for money at the same damn gas station. I used to help out alot, but it got so common I had to stop.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they have no legs I might give em change, I gave this ? who was hustlin with her baby in the subway 5 cash she didn't then she gave ne I got u ? smirk I was ?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Homeless dude asked me for 10 bucks to buy a meal so i offered to buy him one instead of giving him tha doe ....he told me...aww ? I just wanted tha money

Of course he wanted the money. That ? could have went and gotten a meal for half that smh...I would have given him $5 and dared him to get mad lol..
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? no

N i dont tip waiters
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, to receive money from me, you have to do a service.