Reggae Legend Super Cat Speaks On The Music Business And People Trying To Murder HIm

ImTheKangRoundHere
ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dope post... deep interview, only 15mins in to... daum...
  • water ur seeds
    fck, this interview is crazy bro... mad props!!!
  • water ur seeds
    edited March 2013
    yo just finished listening to the interview, some crazy schitt foreal, all the conspiracy theorists need to watch that schitt... i dont get that mc breed and michael jackson thing at the end though, guess it was down to all the schitt about people getting robbed for their publishing etc, jacko going in on sony lol
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "LAAAAAAAAAA, DEY CYAN TEK IT NO MOAAAAR!"
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    yo just finished listening to the interview, some crazy schitt foreal, all the conspiracy theorists need to watch that schitt... i dont get that mc breed and michael jackson thing at the end though, guess it was dont to all schitt about people getting robbed for their publishing, jacko going in on sony lol

i believe to why mike was killed because he exposed sony
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like supercat.....he is the Don dadda...

when you on top they gonna be gunning for you.

? ...sean paul already stole his sound and style
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    pralims wrote: »
    i like supercat.....he is the Don dadda...

when you on top they gonna be gunning for you.

? ...sean paul already stole his sound and style

i always wondered what happened to supercat.sean paul sounds exactly like him.supercat said,that the media killed him off.that's some scary ?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    need subtitles
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listened to this yesterday and I believe this coolie.

The only thing I don't agree with is the way he doesn't take any responsibility for any of that stuff happening to these artists. Dennis Brown and Gregory Isaacs chose to use that that garbage. N*ggas always wanna shift responsibility. Guess it has something to do with the past but still...
  • Muhannad
    yo just finished listening to the interview, some crazy schitt foreal, all the conspiracy theorists need to watch that schitt... i dont get that mc breed and michael jackson thing at the end though, guess it was dont to all schitt about people getting robbed for their publishing, jacko going in on sony lol

It's real in the field. Numerous brothers spoke on this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miWpWmlGd1M
  • water ur seeds
    @Muhannad X

responsibility for what??? they choose to use what garbage???
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Muhannad X wrote: »

dope listen this is guy is pretty much on point ... the only thing i would want to add imo .... the reason why folks like jayz and oprah etc... spend alot of money outside of the US ... is #1 they toured the world they arent closed minded to just the American struggle anymore after touring ... think about yourself when you grow in stages going from kindegarten to middle to school to high school or going from just being in your local neighboorhoods to exploring other towns cities and states .... new experiences bring new ways of thinking ... going from a project housing in New York to a slum in the middle east will have you seriously looking back on what you consider as POOR ......

however he is right tho about the works rich folk do in america ... especially guys like jayz, fif diddy etc.... most of thier KNOWN work is thru white corporations ... like fif worked with united way on alot of his sk sms promotions as far as feeding kids ... i never really noticed that ... but to say that guys like fif cant specifically announce that hes doing things for black folks .... not too sure about that ... i mean united way will always blow up anything they do ..... they are like the mainstream for folks to give back ... so when fif does his own thing like take the entire hood to an amusement park or jayz gives kids scholarships it goes under the radar strickly because they arent united way as far as business goes .... they dont market stuff like that ..... and they dont have finances to market it to the masses .........

but hes on to something definitely going to be paying closer attention to detail on this one .....
  • Muhannad
    @water us seeds... All I'm saying is brothers need to start taking responsibility for what is happening to them. What was stopping these brothers from pooling their money together to produce and distribute their own music? These reggae artists of the 70's and 80's were legends but some chose to be dopefiends and died broke. Can't blame these white boys for everything...
  • water ur seeds
    edited March 2013
    @water us seeds... All I'm saying is brothers need to start taking responsibility for what is happening to them. What was stopping these brothers from pooling their money together to produce and distribute their own music? These reggae artists of the 70's and 80's were legends but some chose to be dopefiends and died broke. Can't blame these white boys for everything...

i can get where your coming from, but its like what cat was saying though, they from the streets, the streets streets to, 100x worse than the american streets, they dont understand the money management and label points and publishing's etc... and when they do once they become successful and clued up and want their cut, sounds like what cat is saying they end up dead... in america you got great education (especially compared to jamaica), but in jamaica, its mad gully, people see few dollars and think they hit the jackpot, more often than not they aint caring about publishing, its till its too late they find that paper with their signature on is worth crazy money...... reggae artists that do understand and try make a change seem to get killed, or in cats case have attempts on their life are made to try and get him killed!!! being a weed head dont make you a dope fiend maaaaaaaaan schitt haha
  • Clark Griswald
    Clark Griswald Members Posts: 46
    Double ve equios zata ? de bumboclot
  • Muhannad
    @water ur seeds... Ignorance ain't no excuse. I guarantee you a coolie (Super Cat is dogla), Chinese or Lebanese from Jamaica won't allow outsiders to screw 'em over like these black artists. Blacks need to understand and learn how to live within this capitalistic system or be forever stuck on the bottom. Blacks are the only group that allow outsiders to extract money from them without reciprocation. In the caribbean most retail in black communities are owned by coolies, Chines, Lebanese etc. Blacks willingly bring their money to these outsiders while they won't employ one black person. I'm from the caribbean originally and I been seeing this since I was young.

When a brotha gets his hands on some money the first thing that pops up is trick the money off on bullsh!t and flaunt. Then when he has ran out of money he wanna complain about white folks.
    Learn how to start pooling your money together like other races do and stop complaining...

As for dopefiends I was referring to artists like Dennis Brown who were great musicians but known cokeheads (they even made songs about their habit).
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i seen this interview yesterday . dope interview tho .its crazy how they tried to ? him off like that . Alot of jamaican artist don't know certin ? about the music industry like we do .
  • RickyRich
    @water ur seeds... Ignorance ain't no excuse. I guarantee you a coolie (Super Cat is dogla), Chinese or Lebanese from Jamaica won't allow outsiders to screw 'em over like these black artists. Blacks need to understand and learn how to live within this capitalistic system or be forever stuck on the bottom. Blacks are the only group that allow outsiders to extract money from them without reciprocation. In the caribbean most retail in black communities are owned by coolies, Chines, Lebanese etc. Blacks willingly bring their money to these outsiders while they won't employ one black person. I'm from the caribbean originally and I been seeing this since I was young.

When a brotha gets his hands on some money the first thing that pops up is trick the money off on bullsh!t and flaunt. Then when he has ran out of money he wanna complain about white folks.
    Learn how to start pooling your money together like other races do and stop complaining...

As for dopefiends I was referring to artists like Dennis Brown who were great musicians but known cokeheads (they even made songs about their habit).

why you keep saying coolie for ? watch your mouth .

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricky.G wrote: »

A black man can call you what ever he wants coolie. Back in the day most artist got ripped off jamaican and american things are different now
  • RickyRich
    zombie wrote: »

A black man can call you what ever he wants coolie. Back in the day most artist got ripped off jamaican and american things are different now

i am black fool .
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am black fool .

so

we can call any other race what we want to that is my point
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

preach brother
  • RickyRich

i am black fool .

so

we can call any other race what we want to that is my point

and you feel proud of that ?. so im guessing you like being called ?