Name some rappers whose cities don't like them?

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    LMFAO @ the randomness of Billy Joel standing on a stage with those other guys. Ha ha ha ha.

those "other guys" are PAC NAS AND SINATRA

LMAO @ you being too dense to even comprehend the implication of my post.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO @ the randomness of Billy Joel standing on a stage with those other guys. Ha ha ha ha.

those "other guys" are PAC NAS AND SINATRA

LMAO @ you being too dense to even comprehend the implication of my post.

14kwrhk.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go drown in your sorrows while listening to She's Always A Woman to Me & sing Piano Man at the bar with your cronies. I'll continue to laugh at you putting Billy Joel on the same level as people who made real timeless music.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Go drown in your sorrows while listening to She's Always A Woman to Me & sing Piano Man at the bar with your cronies. I'll continue to laugh at you putting Billy Joel on the same level as people who made real timeless music.

You're new here so ill let your ignorance slide.

to say billy joel didn't make good music is like saying MJ didn't know how to play ball
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The chi don't ? with Keef....honestly all the rappers out here got beef with another gang or hood....so they mostly only get love from their own hood unless your talking about someone like king louie
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dakidfrankie

How about Kanye, Twista, Lupe or Rockie Fresh, you know about them?
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From what I see Twista good...but the rest I don't think they city rock with them like that
  • whitecracker
    whitecracker Members Posts: 406
    Options
    The chi don't ? with Keef....honestly all the rappers out here got beef with another gang or hood....so they mostly only get love from their own hood unless your talking about someone like king louie

thats what i thought...but u ? with wiz and curren$y?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Curren$y have in NO issues? prolly not
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Wale...

Why?
  • whitecracker
    whitecracker Members Posts: 406
    Options
    fareal no yeezy??
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread could've been summed up with a sentence:

Any rapper that looks to be getting above local level isn't liked by the HATERS in his city.

I remember Three 6 started getting ? on around the time of Spinners. Hell, even before then, it was always stories about them getting chased out of local venues by haters wanting to test them going back to the Mystic Stylez days.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Budden, after his debut no one in NJ gave a ? about him
  • _Menace_
    Options

You're new here so ill let your ignorance slide.

to say billy joel didn't make good music is like saying MJ didn't know how to play ball

Actually I been posting on every iteration of this website since 2002 and was a global mod for about 5 years of the IC's existence.

Billy Joel has his place when you want to bask in the corniness of songs like We Didn't Start The Fire and River of Dreams at the ball game but you can't be serious in putting him on the level as the guys who made September of My Years, Me Against the World and Illmatic.

I mean don't get me wrong I could listen to ? like Allentown and For The Longest Time with no problem when I visit my pops but the dude is just good for greatest hits albums and the occasional rap sample (shout out the 52nd St album). His music lacks the substance of the music of Sinatra, Pac and Nas. It's like comparing John Mayer to Jeff Buckley.

Billy Joel is just the poor man's Joe Cocker and the poor woman's Elton John. Unlike those guys he doesn't really have an album with any real merit. Even the one in your sig is filled with sappy melodramatic and manipulative songs made to reach soccer moms and golf course lounging mid life crisis living businessmen everywhere. I give him props for at least ? bad model ? thanks to his notoriety as opposed to ? guys up the butt like Elton John does
    though.

I don't think his music lacks substance at all. Joel has versitallity in subject matter like Pac and a long body of work like Pac and Sinatra. Joel actually wrote his own music his best album IMO is Innocent man and the stranger is close to being his best those albums show his music isn't lacking any substance

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Texas ? ya'll ? wit Flip?

flip hasnt put out any decent in like 10 years but i supposed if he were to drop something dope we would embrace it..

its crazy how all those '05 niqqaz done fell off or just dont put out music like they use to..

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just sayin I know yanye was born in atlanta but I seen him get booed during bulls games more than once lol and why is the first person this thread made me think of was young berg? Lol
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yung berg

A.L.I.A.S.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea a majority of Maryland nd DC dont like Wale too much, females do tho lls a lot of ? especially around DC want Fat Trel to blow up
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Who ever says Game is hated in Compton doesn't have all his facts. Of course there's people in Compton who don't like him but he still gets love out there his brother said some ? about him but that's when they where beefing Fase has changed his story about game a lot.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like southside said he hasn't really put out anything worth listening to in about ten years even though I think "I Need Mine" was a slept on double album. Idk though his music and flow just completely changed since he stopped messing with ? . Hes kind of been black balled by a lot of rappers out here, not as bad as mike Jones though.

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahead of My Time wasnt a bad album, and his mixtapes have been on point. Flip still drops good ? .
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont think kirko bang has the hearts & minds of the ppl of houston..

i dont think any local artist is really poppin right now to tell the truth..

Lmao. Htown is a city impossible to get love from. ? had they time but new ? will NEVER be accepted in houston.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    nah chi still ? with keef. how do you think he got his start?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaEdQV7_6dE

thiss ^^

cuz its like HELLA videos that came out last spring and summer by ? from the chi hatin on dude

haters gonna hate my ? . read the interview with dj kenn and dgainz. the view counts on youtube were real. the kids love that ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like southside said he hasn't really put out anything worth listening to in about ten years even though I think "I Need Mine" was a slept on double album. Idk though his music and flow just completely changed since he stopped messing with ? . Hes kind of been black balled by a lot of rappers out here, not as bad as mike Jones though.

Why them ? getting black balled?