Parents....Question about ? Parents.

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now we all know what they are supposed to be selected for,If you are not able to care for the child or passed on theis person/people is supposed to raise you child.

The godfather of my children is my closest friend I knew since 9th grade. We share the same views on damn near everything, we just go about it two different ways but always come to the same end result. We talk every few days, still hangout. So i know whats going on in his life and I am comfortable that if ? calls me home, he will step up to the plate.

I am curious as to how others went about selecting them and how long did you have to know them for them to even be considered?

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't have ? parents.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who decided to call it "? Parents?"
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no godfather to my kid, but the godmother is a ? ruhtard. But she got bread so I aint really trippin.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? mother is actually my Aunt on my father side of the family.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Don't have ? parents.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a Godfather... been tight with the homie since 7th grade... his fam is mine... we are basically brothers... no one I trust more and vice versa...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    damn....well um ok.
    no godfather to my kid, but the godmother is a ? ruhtard. But she got bread so I aint really trippin.

i was waiting or someone to say this.
    does money make her reliable and qualified? if shes a ruhtard, is that really the person you want raising you child if something happened to you?

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chose a ? who I'd trust my son with should something happen to me. A ? I been knowing for going on 20 years. Same views on most ? , same morals, etc. ? wasn't really that hard of a decision.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Chose a ? who I'd trust my son with should something happen to me. A ? I been knowing for going on 20 years. Same views on most ? , same morals, etc. ? wasn't really that hard of a decision.

i feel you. same with me.
    but i ask because i recently found out, my wifes cousin selected godparents off of a person having money and another person because they cool and going to the same church but only been knowing the person for a year and some months.

personally, i dont think you can feel a person out in that short a time and really get a gauge on who they are. and who can gauge who a person is because the meet them in church.

but maybe thats me and maybe im wrong
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? mother is my aunt and ? father is my father's cousin. Me and my girl are ? parents to all my siblings kids.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

but i ask because i recently found out, my wifes cousin selected godparents off of a person having money and another person because they cool and going to the same church but only been knowing the person for a year and some months.

personally, i dont think you can feel a person out in that short a time and really get a gauge on who they are. and who can gauge who a person is because the meet them in church.

To a lot of people, the term '? parents' is just some cute ? to say, some ? that they don't really take seriously. No one thinks anything will ever happen to them to the point that someone else will have to take care of their child and no one who accepts the responsibility ever thinks they may actually have to take care of someones child.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

To a lot of people, the term '? parents' is just some cute ? to say, some ? that they don't really take seriously. No one thinks anything will ever happen to them to the point that someone else will have to take care of their child and no one who accepts the responsibility ever thinks they may actually have to take care of someones child.

all your points are right on point.
    ? im a godparent an i try to build a relationship with my godchildren. ? the parents at one point was like damn you acting like they your kids. i replied, well if something happens i want them to know who i am and they will understand why they need to live with me know and at that point they will be my kids.

? just dont take ? seriously no more
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shes a ruhtard in the sense that I just dont like her. But she's responsible and reliable so that hoe can stay.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So a "Godparent" does what exactly? I was to believe they do all the general kid stuff with the family and will adopt and look after the kids if the parents were to die. If true how many of you Godparents out there will and can actually follow through with this and the adoption if the worst was to happen? Just interested, I don't have or have I accepted this duty even when presented to me. In my observations it is just a title your favorite family member or best friend gets.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    So a "Godparent" does what exactly? I was to believe they do all the general kid stuff with the family and will adopt and look after the kids if the parents were to die. If true how many of you Godparents out there will and can actually follow through with this and the adoption if the worst was to happen? Just interested, I don't have or have I accepted this duty even when presented to me. In my observations it is just a title your favorite family member or best friend gets.

alot of people wont follow thru. they gonna be like i aint the parent. ? , half these fukka dont take care of they own kids.

but i stand by my oath.
    but i do everything i need to do to keep them ? safe.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a godfather to my best friend eric. I would give him those rights as well when I have children.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

alot of people wont follow thru. they gonna be like i aint the parent. ? , half these fukka dont take care of they own kids.

but i stand by my oath.
    but i do everything i need to do to keep them ? safe.

Kudos to all those that do and/or will follow through, agreed that a majority will not.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My son's godfather is my best friend and his godmother is his mother's best friend and we're both ? parents to thier first born children as well and she takes it alot more serious with hers than i do mine but that's only bc I'm not that religious and i also know it's gonna be alot more people to want to step in and take care of my ? daughter (they both have pretty big families) but I'm also ready to fill that role if need be and i know he'll be ready for the challenge as well

Quick question.....me n his mother are both "official" ? parents but neither of our son's aren't(he never got christened)...is that a big deal or no(cuz i think our son would go to either of our families first before anyone if we were gone)