What is your greatest PERSONAL sports moment?

Options
soulbrother
soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
Freshman year in college...Outdoor Nationals in Marrietta, GA.....got the stick in 5th place on the 4x400....caught three ? and ran my first 47 split...

Comments

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was the first kid from my high school to be first team all-city, first team all-conference, and won city singles and team championship in bowling.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a girl who ran track for FSU, ? was tighter than fitting Fat Joe in EmmHolla clothes
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? a girl who ran track for FSU, ? was tighter than fitting Fat Joe in EmmHolla clothes

sports moment ? ...lol..btw...track girls have the GOAT ? !
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Intramurals at CC last year. Won our first game of the tournament with 4 guys against a full team then went on to win the whole tournament with no more than 6 guys since we kept getting injured and guys not showing up

Plus playing a team from Australia in the fall was fun too
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pick 6 in the 10th grade in my first varsity run.

Yeah, it was garbage time against some lame white school in Kansas (travel game), and it was just 30 yards, but ? was still goat.

At the 10 yard line my mind was racing with all the possible TD dances I could do (? a penalty) but then I remembered our coach gives bleacher-laps to every body that gets a penalty in a game.

So instead of doing a Deion Sanders, I did a Barry Sanders and underhand pitched the ball to the ref and jogged off like it wasn't ? .

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunked over two defenders at the buzzer during my home opener of my senior season
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont nobody care about your high school exploits, what a shame these stories are the highlights of y'all lives
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being named first team all state in football.
    Making all conference team in college.
    ? a volleyball player in college, her ? was deeeep and tight a the same time.
    ? felt like she was trying to keep my ? smh. A ? was like "give that back hoe"
    Got to run the ball in my college spring scrimmage. 1 carry, 24 yards.
    Shut down/dominated a couple future NFL players.

lastly, scored 10 points in a quarter in a JV basketball game. (i was a scrub ? , but it was goat)
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont nobody care about your high school exploits, what a shame these stories are the highlights of y'all lives

It could be a highlight if you stop right after your achievement. But it ain't nothing wrong with looking back at what you did.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

It could be a highlight if you stop right after your achievement. But it ain't nothing wrong with looking back at what you did.

And to be honest, Celebrating PERSONAL sports achievements >>>>> celebrating, arguing, stanning, catching feels over sports achievements of other grown men.

*shrug*

• Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when I used to play 2nd base in high school.
    Caught a relay throw in short-right field because the right fielder short armed the throw like a ? .
    Seen the runner already rounding 3rd.., dude was probably almost half way between 3rd and the plate.
    I turned and made a perfect throw to the plate and gunned the runner out to end the inning.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    High School, nothing really special when I hooped. Just a regular ?
    That got PT.

But a ? got a Triple double in the 7th grade.

And 8th grade year I put 30 on DJ Augstine. He had got so much better after middle school. That ? did have a shooting coach all thru HS.

I must admit he put bout 30 on me too.
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    9th grade I used to catch punts before practice ( the kicker coach is Chris carpenter from UGA). Just for fun. The coach got made at the current punt return guy cause he was calling "Peter" and letting the ball roll forever. Coach was like "put someone in who will at least catch it". Coach carpenter said me. I'm on the field with varsity. Punt was horrible. the ball bounced behind the other teams runners. I caught if off the bounce. 60 yards later touchdown. called back for clipping at the ten yard line. Across the field away from the play. ? ass Derrick Rucker.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    17-0 as an professional boxer before i quit.
    All state football (Safety) and track (100,200 & 4x100). My old ass can still run a sub 11, 100 meters.
    Personal best bench press 395.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    17-0 as an professional boxer before i quit.
    All state football (Safety) and track (100,200 & 4x100). My old ass can still run a sub 11, 100 meters.
    Personal best bench press 395.

Glass jaw ass nikka.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was going to post but O.G.made me feel like I ain't ? .
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ran 24.4 in the 200 m at a track meet had fastest time that day overall the team was hating on me hardbody the next day lol
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was going to post but O.G.made me feel like I ain't ? .

? that. Post yo ? . I give props to anyone that put on a uniform, no matter if you was the last man off the bench or the talk of your city. At least you participated. I'm sure that is what the t/s had in mind when he started this thread.

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beating the varsity ball team at my high school Junior year. 20 up, we got the ball, called a timeout. AllI could hear was this ? in the back of my head.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB5nZXAGjzs
    Bring it up court and my boy just goes "No ? turnovers. Let's end these ? right here right now."
    Hear the dickriding ? on the sidelines talking bout' "Take the ball from him Tyreke. Come on." tried to shake this ? the best I could, had to call for that pick, ducked under the arm of they forward, and dropped that ? off to my cutter for the game winning layup. Man all I see is my dude M jump on that ? like Bron
    lebronhug_1.gif
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Being named first team all state in football.
    Making all conference team in college.
    ? a volleyball player in college, her ? was deeeep and tight a the same time.
    ? felt like she was trying to keep my ? smh. A ? was like "give that back hoe"
    Got to run the ball in my college spring scrimmage. 1 carry, 24 yards.
    Shut down/dominated a couple future NFL players.
    Had the honor of getting skulldragged by the legendary 2000 Oklahoma National championship team.

lastly, scored 10 points in a quarter in a JV basketball game. (i was a scrub ? , but it was goat)

Good ? . But I fixed that for you.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    immaculate reception- i did that
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freshamn year i crossed up the best, number 23

I was kicked off the team 2 years later for failure to appear at practice