You let bums dry off your car?

Options
s_a_m_r_i_o
s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
In the other thread, I don't give any money to panhandlers or homeless people. I don't care if a child or a group of children are with them, get a ? job.

It seems like every car wash I go to, old men want to dry off my car. All of them might not be bums (I used it because of a catchy thread title) but I respect anyone who's trying to receive money by doing a service so at times only during summer I let them do it but it's times where I'll just spray it with water and let it air dry because it'll rain or snow again soon.

So you let people dry off your car or what services to do pay people for? Children cutting your grass, snow shoveling, etc?

Comments

• killshot
    killshot Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are bitter af
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    How am I bitter?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk how you do it where you're from

but

The ppl that work at the carwash is suppose to dry off your car homie.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait you wash your car but don't dry it off?

Wheredeydodatat?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

Wheredeydodatat?

Dry water spots all over dude car.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Idk how you do it where you're from

but

The ppl that work at the carwash is suppose to dry off your car homie.

If you didn't know, they have car washes where you wash and dry off your car yourself. People are lazy to wipe down their car so they let it air dry. I wipe it down myself at times depending on if I have time.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    True.

Doityourself car washes.

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    That's right. It's $1.50 for 3 minutes, additional quarters add about 30 seconds compared to paying $7 or whatever you pay for at an automated car wash. I just like spraying the car myself.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »

Wheredeydodatat?

Dry water spots all over dude car.

Word... ? better get himself a chamois, zwipes, or something.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    I use dampened Shamwow clothes to dry off.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I use dampened Shamwow clothes to dry off.

Does them ? work as good as they say?
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was sitting at the cloverleaf in Miami trying to get back to Broward county, there was a ? that always was in this intersection. Never gave him a dime, this one night he comes up and petitions me for a ride to Miramar pkwy., so I think to myself, what the hell I got questions. Before I could answer he said "I will give you gas money", I gave a strange look and told him "sure get in". This mother ? starts telling me he make $300 and $600 a day. I straight ignore these guys now, at the time of this, he made more in a day than I pulled a week "working". So some may actually be needy, I do not know, but I also will not donate no matter what. I have bought lunch for them but never give them money. Their mismanagement of money be it drugs, ? , mental illness or bad decisions has not been fixed or they would not be where they are. Take your meds, go to rehab and take some classes on finance and budgeting. This might sound harsh but anything any of us have achieved took effort and discipline, they can do the same and probably have more government programs to help than any of us did. Your donations at street corners is stupid, you already pay taxes for these programs for the needy. You can drag a horse to water but can not make it drink, that is all on the horse.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He washing yo car with his bath water