Outrage Growing As Petition Demanding Rawse to Be Dropped From Reebok Started By Women's Group

Options
167891012»

Comments

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Ain't none of them ? listened to no Rocko. Especially not old ? Ethel in the beginning of the video. These hoes just complaining to complain.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? first statement was its a hate crime smh we need to get up in arms next time a chick makes a song and says something about keying cars and ?
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    they taking food from his children over a lyric thats a hate crime
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Ain't none of them ? listened to no Rocko. Especially not old ? Ethel in the beginning of the video. These hoes just complaining to complain.

Like i said before i agree with that point. However, don't you think it'll teach some of these rappers more responsibility and that they can't say whatever? Things like this at least checks their egos and controversial-attention ? a bit. At least he'll know that he has to be a lil more careful about what he says.

When you think about this had fans in hip-hop reacted in some way to these dumb ? we keep hearing then we'd see more real and/or uplifting ? or joints with messages. But cuz there's always gonna be the dumb crowd defending ? just to argue, ppl who love stupid ? , ppl who love anything popular etc they feel they can say and do whatever.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    they taking food from his children over a lyric thats a hate crime

If Ross gets dropped I'ma call racism cause Eminem never faced any repercussions despite having the black, ? and feminist communities up in arms
    He even got a ? shoe deal with Jordan in spite of it.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From now on I am a life long Rick Ross supporter.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feminists will throw anyone under the bus for their cause. Definition of selfish.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    "i missed when this stop being bout Imus what do my lyrics got to do with this ? " - jay-z

Imus called Rutgers womens team a bunch of nappy headed hoes but he still got a radio show this ? says a rap lyric and they want his head
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol what type of ? ? blames everything wrong in the hood on women? Nah ? blame your mother for not raising you with common sense.

#1 my mom and pop are still together and raised me the right way lol ?

#2 matter fact she the reason i said my intitial statement... my mom is from dover st and and cecil b moore in north philly...google map that..thats the jungle for real. now cuz she picked a black man who actually was educated, not a ? getting booked on ? charges she live out in the burbs enjoying the good life

#3 my point is if more WOMEN choose that route the hood wouldnt be as ? up... it ALL STARTS with family... and women run the dating game.. men from the beginning of time have did EVERYTHING they can to IMPRESS women... women are naturally attracted to negative ? ... I know mad ? who dont have to hustle but do so cuz they know thats what ? like... walk up to a broad and tell her u graduated from college ..she wont give a ? ...get a tat on ya face and that ? be all over u

Ok my bad. Blame your dad for not teaching you that you lose money chasing women, but you'll never lose women chasing money.

I don't know what ? women live in you neighborhood but any hoodrat in 2013 knows that a man with his ?
    together is a come up and his potential is worth investing in.

Or maybe you're one of those ? that approach women in a loud deafening nightclub pushing up your bifocals as you walk awkwardly up to some ? twerking to "Independent" by Webbie, yelling in her direction "Excuse me miss?! I'm a college graduate with a 4.0 in engineering! I also dabble in quantum mechanics and genetic research! Would you care to join me in a celebratory shuffle, as I've just been accepted into the Master's program at Yale?! ..... Miss?!"

? u talking bout???? u just saying ? ... I NEVER, EVER spend money on broads...I dont even buy them hoagies from the papi store.. Walk up to girls awkwardly??? I never said I walk up to girls and say i graduated( my point wasnt referring to me it was in general)... after I get they number I MIGHT mention it just to see if they bite on the bait but thats the POINT they never do... So I say whatever I think they wanna hear
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    and when the last time reebok distributed albums you would think they would want def jam to drop him seeing as thats his outlet
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    REEBOK caved from pressure. Blames Rick Ross Apology and ends his contract:

1171.jpg
    Rick Ross just learned a hard lesson about ? and money ... you embrace one, you lose the other ... because he was just DUMPED by Reebok.

As TMZ previously reported ... Ross has taken a ton of heat for his song, U.O.E.N.O ... in which he happily sings, "Put Molly [Ecstasy] all in the champagne. She ain't even know it. I took her home and I enjoy that. She ain't even know it." Translation -- ? .

Reebok tells TMZ ... "Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so."

Reebok goes on: "While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse."

Reebok DUMPS Rick Ross | TMZ.com

Like I said, I'm all for artistic freedom and yes there can be an argument that worst things have been said in Hip HOP but it's Rick Ross fault for making the rhyme, It's Rick Ross fault for a weak instead of firm apology. So now I hope slipping that molly was worth losing a huge contact.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    who started this ? against hip hop tipper gore a or who dat

To my knowledge N.W.A and Ice T "police" songs started it but 2 Live Crew lyrics actually went to the Supreme court of Florida so it started late 80's early 90's and Hip Hop Lyricism has been critized every since. You also have to remember that Lyrics got more street/violent during that time. But believe it or not the "Parental Advisory" was basically created cause of Rap music.

Luke_Banned_1990_Original.jpg

220px-As_Nasty_As_They_Wanna_Be_cover.jpg

(2 Live Crew "As Nasty as they wanna be" is one of the most controversial albums of all time and was the 1st album to be deemed "Obscene" by the court of law. "Banned in the U.S.A." was the 1st album to have the Parental Advisory on it.)
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tough break Boss.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Again, where are you ? getting this ? ? from?

talking about slipping mollys in a girls drink 9 times outta 10 means you trina ? her against her will

Lank to evidence stating that mollys affect one's judgement? If there's not you ? have been overstanding a simple bar.

From a 2006 study:
    In recent years working memory deficits have been reported in users of MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, ecstasy). The current study aimed to assess the impact of MDMA use on three separate central executive processes (set shifting, inhibition and memory updating) and also on "prefrontal" mediated social and emotional judgement processes. Fifteen polydrug ecstasy users and 15 polydrug non-ecstasy user controls completed a general drug use questionnaire, the Brixton Spatial Anticipation task (set shifting), Backward Digit Span procedure (memory updating), Inhibition of Return (inhibition), an emotional intelligence scale, the Tromso Social Intelligence Scale and the Dysexecutive Questionnaire (DEX). Compared with MDMA-free polydrug controls, MDMA polydrug users showed impairments in set shifting and memory updating, and also in social and emotional judgement processes. The latter two deficits remained significant after controlling for other drug use. These data lend further support to the proposal that cognitive processes mediated by the prefrontal cortex may be impaired by recreational ecstasy use.

http://www.educus.com/Journals/R16574712-2.html

And in case you're wondering...the important part about that is the part about the prefontal cortex:
    The prefrontal cortex (PFC) is the anterior part of the frontal lobes of the brain, lying in front of the motor and premotor areas.
    This brain region has been implicated in planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making and moderating social behavior.[1] The basic activity of this brain region is considered to be orchestration of thoughts and actions in accordance with internal goals.[2]
    The most typical psychological term for functions carried out by the prefrontal cortex area is executive function. Executive function relates to abilities to differentiate among conflicting thoughts, determine good and bad, better and best, same and different, future consequences of current activities, working toward a defined goal, prediction of outcomes, expectation based on actions, and social "control" (the ability to suppress urges that, if not suppressed, could lead to socially unacceptable outcomes).
    Many authors have indicated an integral link between a person's personality and the functions of the prefrontal cortex