TEMPTATION - THE MOVIE

2»

Comments

• newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    My girl seen it. She basically said it was doo doo grits.
    Your girl is a keeper. This movie was ? . Characters were over the top. The church ? was too much. The mark zuckerburg ? was hard to watch. The main chick's sudden transformation was ? ! The scenes with brandy running home had a ? wondering if I was watching the same movie. The countless scenes with shirtless ? was Tyler fairy at his best. This ? was easily a 0/10. The Lion King was more believeable than this ? . I left with about 20 mins left to play video games in the lobby while me girl slept through this ? .

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your girl is a keeper. This movie was ? . Characters were over the top. The church ? was too much. The mark zuckerburg ? was hard to watch. The main chick's sudden transformation was ? ! The scenes with brandy running home had a ? wondering if I was watching the same movie. The countless scenes with shirtless ? was Tyler fairy at his best. This ? was easily a 0/10. The Lion King was more believeable than this ? . I left with about 20 mins left to play video games in the lobby while me girl slept through this ? .

I won't judge it since I haven't seen it, but these seem like the same exact problems you find in every TP film.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    sapo614 wrote: »
    so how did everybody age at the end except Brandy?
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    that wasnt brandy with him in the end.....she had ? too....that was just his new chick

thats why i said they kinda rushed it and wrapped it up too fast....great story that still could have went so many ways

THAT WAS BRANDY AT THE END... BRANDY WAS THE GIRL WORKING IN THE STORE AT THE END.... THAT ? DIDNT MAKE NO SENSE DOE NO TO HAVE HER AGE... BUT I SEE WHY THE LEAD CHICK DID, SO THAT SHE COULD TELL THE STORY AND HOLD OUR SUSPENSE.

nah bruh i thought so too.....i took it back to see it again....it was just another thin brownskin chick w/ curls....he wouldnt have had no kid w/ brandy she had that ? already....that explains why the girl wasnt older like them....he found him a young thang and ebrc'd in the name of love
    THE SMOLETTE CHICK IS CUTE, BUT SHE LOST TOOOOOO MUCH WIEGHT FOR THIS MOVIE...HER LEGS LOOKS LIKE TOOTHPICS

i feel u...but she bad as ? bruh....idk if its her ? expressions, the lips, the curls, or what......i can put some more weight on her #noworries
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that wasnt brandy with him in the end.....she had ? too....that was just his new chick

thats why i said they kinda rushed it and wrapped it up too fast....great story that still could have went so many ways

THAT WAS BRANDY AT THE END... BRANDY WAS THE GIRL WORKING IN THE STORE AT THE END.... THAT ? DIDNT MAKE NO SENSE DOE NO TO HAVE HER AGE... BUT I SEE WHY THE LEAD CHICK DID, SO THAT SHE COULD TELL THE STORY AND HOLD OUR SUSPENSE.

nah bruh i thought so too.....i took it back to see it again....it was just another thin brownskin chick w/ curls....he wouldnt have had no kid w/ brandy she had that ? already....that explains why the girl wasnt older like them....he found him a young thang and ebrc'd in the name of love
    THE SMOLETTE CHICK IS CUTE, BUT SHE LOST TOOOOOO MUCH WIEGHT FOR THIS MOVIE...HER LEGS LOOKS LIKE TOOTHPICS

i feel u...but she bad as ? bruh....idk if its her ? expressions, the lips, the curls, or what......i can put some more weight on her #noworries

NO...

IM TALKING ABOUT THE AT THE END OF THE MOVIE...

IT WAS A CHICK STOCKING STUFF ON THE SHELVES.... HIS EX WALKS IN, THEN A WOMEN AND HER SON WALKS IN..

THAT CHICK THAT WAS STOCKIN THE SHELVES WAS BRANDY... YOU BOUT TO MAKE ME GO FIND A BOOTLEG CAUSE I KNOW I AINT CRAZY
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

NO...

IM TALKING ABOUT THE AT THE END OF THE MOVIE...

IT WAS A CHICK STOCKING STUFF ON THE SHELVES.... HIS EX WALKS IN, THEN A WOMEN AND HER SON WALKS IN..

THAT CHICK THAT WAS STOCKIN THE SHELVES WAS BRANDY... YOU BOUT TO MAKE ME GO FIND A BOOTLEG CAUSE I KNOW I AINT CRAZY

^^^^^this

@haf bayked you are right but you are talking about the wrong girl that I was referencing
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh ok my bad ya'll....i didnt see nobody stockin shelves....i just remember the girl that came in and kissed him after Judith left......so she was still young and ? ??? lmao...
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh ok my bad ya'll....i didnt see nobody stockin shelves....i just remember the girl that came in and kissed him after Judith left......so she was still young and ? ??? lmao...

YEAH AND THATS WHAT MADE IT CRAZY.. HOW THE HELL EVVVVERRRYYBODY AGED BY 20 YEARS BUT THEY LEAVE BRANDY LOOKIN LIKE 5MINS AGO
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Can you Peepz inform Me of what happened to the planking movement please?

I managed to find this out.... turns out it was a passing phase. I forgot to not blink and that's how you miss these things in the end
    Anyways on to the movie, don't watch TP ? but I figured I'd see what the fuss was about.

That being said that whole Brandy thing was a mess. Firstly her character seemed to be created solely to poorly connect things like some cheap glue for weaves. In the beginning I thought her character was gonna be much deeper than her simply running from an ex, but once I knew it was just that, it was obvious to me that the rich guy would be him.
    The acting was mediocre and over dramatic and seemed made for plays which also brings me onto the flow and cut between scenes which was not smooth transitions at all.

The dumbest thing in the movie was when the husband went to the rich man's apartment to get his wife. Think about it, this ? is a multi millionaire with high valuable items in his millionaire residence; you really gonna have me believe he shoulder charged the door of its hinges to get in? What part of the game is that???? You couldn't even do that ? to my toilet door!

Then the over dramatic going through the glass charge, then cuts too sharply when they're on the floor and he starts punching on him...so unnecessary.

Good parts were some of the comic relief it provided. my favorite being the spontaneous but awkward sex scene and all the slapping the wife did to the husband.

Oh and when the french matchmaker broke character and told the wife to bounce! lol

Kim K played her part for what it was - she had one or two witty remarks I guess.

Husband was a certified simp to the core, talkin bout "come with me and i'll never mention it again" outside the club. Matter of fact how did he work out that she'd be in that particular club for him to even get her????

The whole ? thing kinda came out of nowhere but I guess TP was using that angle to give the wife some karma.
    SMH @ Brandy still stacking shelves though with her "can't get old vampire self". Started from the bottom and she still there....
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Can you Peepz inform Me of what happened to the planking movement please?

That wasn't a club it was his house. How ? this damn movie was.

I managed to find this out.... turns out it was a passing phase. I forgot to not blink and that's how you miss these things in the end
    Anyways on to the movie, don't watch TP ? but I figured I'd see what the fuss was about.

That being said that whole Brandy thing was a mess. Firstly her character seemed to be created solely to poorly connect things like some cheap glue for weaves. In the beginning I thought her character was gonna be much deeper than her simply running from an ex, but once I knew it was just that, it was obvious to me that the rich guy would be him.
    The acting was mediocre and over dramatic and seemed made for plays which also brings me onto the flow and cut between scenes which was not smooth transitions at all.

The dumbest thing in the movie was when the husband went to the rich man's apartment to get his wife. Think about it, this ? is a multi millionaire with high valuable items in his millionaire residence; you really gonna have me believe he shoulder charged the door of its hinges to get in? What part of the game is that???? You couldn't even do that ? to my toilet door!

Then the over dramatic going through the glass charge, then cuts too sharply when they're on the floor and he starts punching on him...so unnecessary.

Good parts were some of the comic relief it provided. my favorite being the spontaneous but awkward sex scene and all the slapping the wife did to the husband.

Oh and when the french matchmaker broke character and told the wife to bounce! lol

Kim K played her part for what it was - she had one or two witty remarks I guess.

Husband was a certified simp to the core, talkin bout "come with me and i'll never mention it again" outside the club. Matter of fact how did he work out that she'd be in that particular club for him to even get her????

The whole ? thing kinda came out of nowhere but I guess TP was using that angle to give the wife some karma.
    SMH @ Brandy still stacking shelves though with her "can't get old vampire self". Started from the bottom and she still there....

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I seen it, it was below average but it was entertaining. One thing about Tyler Perry's movies is that they are
    entertaining. I think thats the only thing I could take out of this movie.
    The church praying thing was WAY overdone, the mother was funny tho. I haven't seen Ella Joyce in a minute, good to see her on this movie. Kim isn't an actor but I think Tyler hired her to be who she is, so thats why that was kinda entertaining. COTDAYUM at that dress at the beginning. If you didn't think Kim Kardashian was thick, that first scene was bonkerz picture doesn't do justice. Jurnee and Lance did a good job on this movie acting wise, the rich dude was cool acting wise, but the story however was NOT good. @newOldSchool was right about that transformation to a bad girl, how would a "smart woman" turn into an "airhead" over night. She sniffed some coke, ok! The character got turned the ? out on this movie. Brandy's character was like a fill in to set you up for the end, her role was the WOAT, she should be ashamed of herself, all of it plus the ? thing. Overall acting was subpar but the story was weak, wasted, and predictable. IMO not one of his best!

Don't spend the movie or download
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    ^^^ Yup the first thing that came to my mind was I don't remember her being that chest heavy! anyways....
    Yo did the rich guy ? her? Cause she was saying no and resisting a whole lot before he was like "? it, you're gonna get this work!"

How she a marriage counselor when she couldn't keep hers good?

Doesn't look like she remarried so if i'm going to a marriage counselor, the first thing I'm gonna wanna know is how you gonna tell me about what I need to do to have a successful marriage when you don't follow your own advice?

In the beginning when she read him through his questionnaire, how come she didn't see he was soooo wrong - just goes to show no matter how much these hoes think they know, with their psychology degrees and relationship surveys etc, they still gonna pick the wrong guy cos they don't know shiiiiieeeetttt!!!!

TP was so bait with his comparisons of the husband and the rich guy. Like when he had him going ape ? on the bike guy after we seen the husband previously trying to be non confrontational smh.

Also on the plane how come the rich guy made it seem like his ex was all about the dolo and high maintenance and couldn't appreciate his wealth, yet she was humble and slumming it in a pharmacy? Even 20 years later lol

When the wife and mother had that argument and said her mother left her dad to join the church but he's alive? Who leaves their man/husband simply for the church? Even if he weren't bout that church life it wouldn't of stopped him from co-parenting now would it? So why didn't he fight for his daughter or look for her if she moved away, instead of her having to find him later down the line?

Lastly all the women in the movie got royally ? lol

First we got the wife who is on that cocktail and limping like she's missing both her kneecaps, then you got the rich guy's ex who's still working the same dead end job (but at least she's young right? It's like Brandy came late for makeup and TP said "mayne these ? won't pay attention...yur good gurl!"), the wife's mama got dropped to the floor by the rich guy, I'm assuming the husband now owns the store so the white lady probably died. Plus he wifed up another chick, got a loving fam and never caught nothing off his trifling former wife, the rich guy - we never find out of his come uppance even though he's the root of the ? . But chances are he's still rich and ? around.

Forget potholes, this movie had wormholes with the way the story jumped in scenes, plots, time references etc
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

This right here.. had some friends over... found the stream for it so we watched and this movie is beyond garbage. TP keeps taking people money... smh at them not knowing how stupid this ? is and paying for it. It's like falling for an M. Night movie over and over again but worse. At least M.Night does something different.

• S.jR.
    Yea, Full House.. that was my.... *googles her age* shorty as a youngin... tragic her career may have just got ruined.
  • S.jR.
    Hmmm.. in that google search I see she is in next season of True Blood..

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smollett is goin to be on tha new season of tru blood this summer so I highly doubt her career is ruined
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ me thinking yall talm bout the temptaions tv movie

"Yall ain't nuffin without David Ruffin"

"Ain't no one come to see u Otis!"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I just seen it, the movie is vintage Tyler Perry. It wasn't wack imo.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take back what I posted...I went and saw the movie with wifey...and...it wasn't that bad. It still had the Tyler Perry elements (religious overtones, overly dramatic acting, sprinkled with his usual humor). The dude that play Harley probably was the best actor in this movie, next to Jurnee Smollett, who did a good job. Kim K was basically playing herself.

All I gotta say is:
    Karma's a ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    started off good... but he rushed it and the ending was predictable and horrible.... the husband once again was a ? ass ? in his movies
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tyler perry might just be top 3 director all time in black hollywood
  • S.jR.
    Top 3 grossing maybe.. but not best on quality..

I'd pay to watch a movie by any of these directors before Madera.

-Spike
    -Singleton
    -Hughes Bros.
    -Fuqua
    -F.Gary Gray

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Hmmm.. in that google search I see she is in next season of True Blood..

I hope true blood doesnt turn her out, watched a couple of eps with my cuz whos a fan and it was nothing but a bunch of freaks, Im sittin there watching thinking "she came a long way from X-men"..but we'll see

as far as the movie i'll wait till it hits redbox.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I THINK MOST OF YALL ? JUST LOVE TO HATE TP...

KIM K WAS KIM K... SHE ACTED JUST LIKE HOW SHE DID IN REAL LIFE...

THE HUSBAND WAS ACTIN GLIKE A ? , BUT IT WAS BELIEVABLE...

AND WHAT OVER DRAMATIC SCENES ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?////

Overdramatic scenes:
    Rich dude beating up the girl - seem out of character to me
    hubby tackled rich dude through a glass window - glass window just happened to be there huh
    hubby slams car door and window broke - really?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant believe my wife wanted to pay to see that sh*t. 'everybody says it good' she say. nope. cant fool me..

i didnt hate smollet tho. she should try to do comedy, she's halfway there with this movie..

was this an adaptation of one of his plays because thats what it felt like. does he use the same ppl to write the dialogue in every movie?
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally steer clear of anything "Tyler Perry" but i'll give this one a watch one of these evenings .