Why are people so impressed by lower level basketball players?

2»

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    ? .
    Are you stupid, dumb or slow?
    Which one is it.

Oh wait you one of them ? who think those Rucker legends were too real for the NBA.
    ? outta here ? .
    Actin like Scal was some ? who got into the league even though he can't play.
    The white mamba can obviously play but you riding those Rucker ? nuts too hard to see.

Scal could probably impose his will on those playground ? i he wanted to.

First off a lot of Rucker legends have made it to/are in the NBA, and making it to the NBA doesn't make you a better player than someone who's not in the league.

Word to those foreign players that stay getting busy against the NBA's "BEST PLAYERS" in the Olympics.

So it's not farfetched to say Rucker LEGENDS would get the best of NBA bench-warmers, if no name foreign players be dropping 20 and ? on "the world's best players."

Btw just so we're clear, I'm talking legends, not regular bums who go their to play. I'm talking the dudes who played in the tournaments with and against Artest, Arenas, Baron Davis, Shawn Marion, Jermaine O'Neal etc.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its interesting when you view basketball offseason culture. In football and high school prospect or pro player is working on defined goals. Getting that 40 time better for the draft or working on keeping your speed so you can keep up with the younger players trying to take your spot come training camp. With MMA which t/s mentioned at most your just spar with a inferior dude and maybe help youngins from your hood stay outta trouble with a camp or boxing clinic. Baseball i mean ? in the offseason play an actual sport that isn't as slow i.e. football or basketball or if you a pro you have so little time you just recover from the season.

But in basketball offseason ive noticed at every level 9 times outta 10 ? ? around with inferior opponents. Now don't get me wrong pick up ball is fun as hell. But the uconn superstars that have come through locally be scrimmaging ? i know who play D3 or high school ball. They be dunking on ? going half pace and ? on inferior dudes hitting 3's from deep. Crossing and putting ? on ankles. But if you a top notch prospect or pro what does that prove?

Now some ? who pros on their offseason on they grind and go hard. But more players need to be meeting up with Olajuwon and working on they non existent post game. ? need to meet up with a playmaker for a week and learn how to not be a ball stopper.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not proving anything they just getting a run and having fun in an environment many of them grew up in. DMV got ballers everywhere and we got tons of leagues Kenner league is the ? . NBA ? been balling in that ? since the 80's. Just a place you can get a good run
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people get it ? up. any ? at the end of an nba bench would run almost any dude on the playgrounds.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to a juco in kansas, saw some nba players dominate at the jr. college level (reggie evans, jannero pargo) and in the nba they are what some would call average. but they would work any normal cat walking around on the streets.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    It's not proving anything they just getting a run and having fun in an environment many of them grew up in. DMV got ballers everywhere and we got tons of leagues Kenner league is the ? . NBA ? been balling in that ? since the 80's. Just a place you can get a good run

It's proving something to someone. During the lockout people put up a good amount of videos of NBA players playin against random people. Durant droppin 66 at the rucker was all over the internet. And it'd be kinda different if it was some random bench player people think sucks going out there and showin out. But you got one of the NBA's best scorers scoring against randoms. Why's that an internet sensation?

People in here are downplaying the hype this stuff gets