MJ da GOAT lives.....Chris Brown "Fine China"

blu197
blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in R&B & Alternatives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=Er4VyMGubJs

? is flames... CB need to stick to his roots and get off that pop dubstep ?

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard this playing today on the radio
    Chris really do need to stop making so many pop records for easy success. I mean he's capable of making some great music when he gets all the way on his MJ steez. Same for Usher
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Ehh..im halfway through it.. its aight but i can agree with the post .. of ? crossing over...and doing that pop garbage..

I think its too much going around beat wise.. maybe its too loud.. its ok..
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's what the ? i'm talking bout, go'head then...... what a way to kick off the spring/summer bbq season off, this some smooth grown folks ? with out trying to be all grown n sexy (shots fired)........

I'm diggin this jam, no hype machine (shots fired) just let the music speaks for itself
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    He really doesn't do that many pop records, not sure where that is coming from. You can probably name 3 urban/R&B singles for every 1 pop single with Chris Brown. And I can never understand why Black artist aren't allowed to do pop anyway according to this forum. If some of yall had your way during MJ's heyday we never would've gotten a Thriller or Bad. Just Off The Wall parts 2 & 3.

...anyway, this new joint is nice.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's decent. Y'all boosting it heavy.

Lol @ comparing this ? to the great MJ. MJ wasn't the strongest vocalist, but his voice wasn't cracking all over the song either.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the first song I heard from him that sounds like R&B.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
  • StillFaggyAF
    this is the first song I heard from him that sounds like R&B.

da ?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the song and the video is good too
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Song is cool. Good for him.

He's nowhere near MJ-level (or Usher, for that matter) vocally, but this works.

I can see a shitload of HBCU bands playing this in the fall.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris always had the talent and he has good records but he even admitted in an interview where he was praising Miguel that the industry including himself make too much gimmicky ? .

It would be nice if we could get a whole album of this type of stuff from him.
  • waterproof
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Chris always had the talent and he has good records but he even admitted in an interview where he was praising Miguel that the industry including himself make too much gimmicky ? .

It would be nice if we could get a whole album of this type of stuff from him.

@buttuhb brh u know ur ? , the video for fine china is a homage to Mike Jax got a little of the smooth criminal in, Chris is a student of Mike Jax just like Mike Jax was a student of Jackie Wilson, James Brown........ i aint never copped an album from his but i'm bout to cop this one if this is where he's going...

If he's on this route you best believe artist like Usher and them will be heading to the lab, as a black artist you have to do some extra ? just to get praise's but let it be some regular ? (shots fired) it's the hottest ? on the planet
  • waterproof
    first of all much respect to Miguel for setting Soul/R&B back on the right path, Now i think i am going to cop Chris Brown new record, it seems like he about to put some Soul back in the game also......

Chris Brown opens up on new album ‘X’

With his sixth studio album just months from release, Chris Brown has been busy recording and finishing up his album. His album ‘X’ is set for an August 2013 release and is shaping up to be another hit for Breezy as he has gone back to the mentality he had with his first album. Also, on his album ‘X’ Chris was influenced by the likes of Michael Jackson, Sam Cooke and Stevie Wonder.

Chris did not want to create a pop sounding album but instead go back to his R&B and hip hop roots on ‘X.’ Chris admits that before he was signed he tried to get signed as a hip hop artist but after the label heard him sing they said he should sing instead.

On his album ‘X’ Chris opens up and speaks his mind, after going on a rant via his instagram and the twitter beefs that occurred last year. Chris has since deleted his instagram and only occasionlly has he tweeted, he chooses to voice his thoughts through his music; “I think it’s smarter as an entertainer and as a leader. I have to think logically. When I’m too attainable, it makes me too down. Now I express it through my music and through my paintings as well. What I want to talk about comes out, and the beat fills in the rest. All of it coexists with my reality now. I’m an open book. I think the way my life is, people want to know all the time, so I have to let them know through my music.”

Recently, Breezy played some of his as yet unreleased tracks from his album ‘X’ and from his first single ‘Fine China’ to the title track ‘X.’ Chris has created something special, as for features Breezy has not spilled all the beans but fans can expect Chris to collab with hip hop star Kendrick Lamar on the track ‘Autumn Leaves.”

Also, Chris recorded another collaboration with girlfriend Rihanna, Breezy told this to USA Today; “We’re taking it one day at a time. She’s a wonderful girl. She’s beautiful. She’s on tour and our schedules don’t allow us to be as close as we want to be. But everything is good. She will be on my album.”

So, there it is, another Breezy and Rih Rih collaboration, the last these two collaborated was on Rihanna’s Unapologetic album for her track “Nobody’s Business.”

As for production on ‘X,’ Chris enlisted the likes of producer Danja, and Diplo.

As for naming his album ‘X’ and the title track,” Chris had this to say; “The song and the album title ‘X’ has a couple different meanings. It can refer to an ex-girlfriend, in terms of you always look forward to moving forward from. It’s also about being a reject in a sense. In me being myself, being able to grow up, me not always hanging around the right crowd or doing the right thing all the time — it’s me saying, ‘I’m over it. I’m past the bullsh– now.’

and with The Dream 4play and R. Kelly's Black Panties dropping it's going to be a good year..
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at Chris Brown making Black people proud again! You go boy!!
  • waterproof
    edited April 2013
  • waterproof
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Look at Chris Brown making Black people proud again! You go boy!!

yeah we love an underdog we always pick up and forgive our brothers and sisters in the community...

because let's be honest the kid is only 23 years old and before he flyed that knott of Rihanna he was on the verge of blowing the ? up, he had the dance moves with the vocals that the game haven't seen since Mike Jax..

he ? up, he paid his dues and it seems like he's want to do music, soul music & r&b again, he looked to the past to move forward he's saying ? pop and euro ? and just do some r&b soul music....

weeknd and frank ocean with that emo borecore music better step their game up, it looks like soul and r&b is about to make a comeback on a mainstream level again much props to Miguel to get the ball running
  • waterproof
    Even Usher is going back to that R&B ? that techno euro pop ? and biting weeknd

The Transformation Begins!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCgruGm3fQ&playnext=1&list=PL7396E30ADC742775&feature=results_video
  • StillFaggyAF
    @waterproof

you're a fan of Miguel?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seein this video...I can honestly say...That while I had already believed it to be true...I am now 95% sure that Chris Brown would beat the ? outta Drake if they ever really fought...
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was hooked on dis song 1st time i heard it... it does sound like somthin mj would do...

this goes 2 show that people cant deny his talent...
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see Chris coming back to that real R&B feel, then Usher coming back, R.Kelly taking it back, Joe coming out with that new R&B music, gotta give props to Miguel and then you got new cats coming out with real R&B, I heard this cat John Michael's song Sophisticated Lady on the radio last week at work and it instantly became a favorite, here are some of the R&B joints I been listening to alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlujJR0h9aI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqAK8Ms4qRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73FUnUC3oDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_TS9WIJ3tg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8FrUEGZ5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnvEC4mKnjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Y78YsLalQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B31P-Oif1ZQ
  • waterproof
    edited April 2013
    @waterproof

you're a fan of Miguel?

@BlackGerald yeah i am fan of Miguel and MIguel is the leader of the New School right now....Frank Ocean didnt deserve to have the album of the year, that's the grammy's and hollywood always taking care of their own (homosexuals)...

I mean Miguel was doing the soul ? when everbody was on that euro-pop techno ? , it was Miguel who took a stand and did music his way with ALL I Want Is You album...... but the masses head was turn because 1) He was a young dude and 2) Maxwell and El Debarge had the older heads and those who was longing for some good r&b and soul, but with good music you cant stop a hit, All I Want Is U caught that young urban ears and the top 40 and Pop radio, Soul music from this a new cat.

Trey Songs, Chris Brown, Usher went the techno euro route because they couldnt push what they want and they labels told them that the euro ? is hot, but i say this and will say it again, THE BLACK URBAN CROWD always have and always will change the music landscape and lead the direction of american culture, when we get tired of something and know when we are being forced even though it will take along time, the streets will move and go back to the real.

but back to Miguel timing also when AIWIU was dropped, Frank Ocean and The weeknd was emerging and FROM MY POINT OF VIEW even though SOME OF the beats was hollow, LACKING SOUL it was something new and the crowd was tired of the euro-pop ? and plus it was a lack of raw edgy r&b, that street r&b it was always a balance in r&b in soul music for a Jackie Wilson there was a Sam Cooke, for a Smokey Robinson there was a David Ruffin, for a Stevie Wonder there was Marvin Gaye, there was a Bobby Womack, Rick James, Bobby Brown, Jodeci..... that raw, ? cheating in the next room ? .

And in my opinion that's what the weeknd and Frank Ocean brought we wanted something more than that euro-? and it was fresh and new again Miguel was right in the middle of that emergence but still you cant deny soul music. R.Kelly went to do that real soul and the dream was just chillin, Pleasure P was hiding, STATIC MAJOR is dead

The Dreamn dropped that Monster 1977 and satisfied us with that real ? , claiming his spot again that 1977 was better then most ? out, then MIGUEL dropped that BOMB on our heads with Kaleidscop Dream not only is was the BEST SOUL & r&b album, IT HAD A REAL HIT...

now people will call hot songs a hit, muthafuckas dont know what a HIT RECORD, A HIT RECORD defines a period, its will never get OLD, it crosses over and reaches generation, everybody knows the lyrics....

ADORE IS A HIT RECORD, ADORE NEVERS GET OLD, ADORE is this generation SEXUAL HEALING.

check this out sometimes i bounce on the weekend, to get out the house, free drinks, mingle with the ladies and to get a feel and catch the beat of the nightlife and music, 250.00 for a few hours and all that i named, ? not bad...

Now every song that's is out and just dropped, the so-called hot ? , you name the artist in soul & r&B, pop, and i tell you the crowd is ok, they want to dance, so some will dance, some go to the bar and some will have a seat, go take a ? , go outside and smoke a newport or a blunt.

BUT WHEN ADORE COMES ON, everybody from old school playa, thug ? , round a way girl, neo soul earth girl, the rastas, asians, mexicans, old folks that celebrating, man EVERYBODY is on the floor and singing adore word from word, dancing, the bartender is singing, i mean the floor is pack...... That's what a HIT DOES....

you want to know if you have a hit, play your song in front of a person from the age 45-65 if they ? get up in move, then you know you got a hit..

you can't force a hit no matter how much the record label pay the dj to spin the record or what they say