DC Appreciation thread/Favorite DC Character???

Sour-Cream
Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Quite Comical
Mine is The Flash, I personally think he can whoop every single ? on JL or match up with them.

Flash9_variant.jpg

14-15.jpg

467618-flash_rebirth.jpg

FLASH-BRIAN-BOLLAND-5.jpg

Flash_vs._Superman.jpg

2-red-yellow-flash.jpg

The yellow flash is a beast
tumblr_m3d1qi9wBR1qlva78o1_400.jpg

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Either Batman or Tim Drake
    batman.jpg
    20090407082810!Robin_Tim_Drake_0003.jpg
  • Sour-Cream
    edited April 2013
    Honorable mention is Icon.

2524913-638504_22.jpg

Icon_013.jpg

cache_500_1_1_img_5379910_8ccaf5b5f9fd825d4e3318ce2cfbc8e0jpg.gif

Icon_12.jpg

Icon-cv.jpg

Icon_003.jpg

Icon_Freeman.jpg

Icon_5.jpg
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superman even though Batman is what got me into comics and I still own more Batman comics than any other superheroe's comics even after selling over 130 issues over the years.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think i like DC more than Marvel at this point in my life. My favorite DC character is no doubt Green Lantern tho.

250px-Green_Lantern_Rebirth_6.jpg

green-lantern-1-sinestro.jpg

gl36.jpg
  • Sour-Cream
    I think DC has more powered up black heroes than Marvel, with the exception of blue marvel and storm.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sour wrote: »
    Mine is The Flash, I personally think he can whoop every single ? on JL or match up with them.

Flash9_variant.jpg

14-15.jpg

467618-flash_rebirth.jpg

FLASH-BRIAN-BOLLAND-5.jpg

Flash_vs._Superman.jpg

2-red-yellow-flash.jpg

The yellow flash is a beast
    tumblr_m3d1qi9wBR1qlva78o1_400.jpg

yeah flash is a formidable hero. people don't take him seriously because of his humerous lighthearted demeanor(wally especially).
  • Lou Cypher
    @Sour whats the deal with Yellow flash? why is he yellow and who is he? also isnt there a blue flash also? cant remember his name but i remember him being in that ? Flash live action tv show.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    wally west comics in the 80's were the ? ... i still got them ? ....wally was a beast
    if they do the movie, i could buy james franco as a wally west....
  • Lou Cypher
    I think Chris Pine would make a good Flash, hes funny and can do more serious roles.
  • Sour-Cream
    Ryan Kwanten from true blood as flash.
  • Sour-Cream
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    @Sour whats the deal with Yellow flash? why is he yellow and who is he? also isnt there a blue flash also? cant remember his name but i remember him being in that ? Flash live action tv show.

He's reverse flash, flash runs forward, he can run through time, the only thing is that his origins trace back to flash so if he killed flash, he would lose all his powers plus flash himself can travel through time so they pretty much have the same powers except he's evil.
  • Sour-Cream
    edited April 2013
    The Black lantern corp.

blackest-night-rise-black-lantern-question-hawkman-shazam.jpg

There is a whole spectrum of Lantern Corps with their own essence, or trait needed to power them: green (willpower), yellow (fear), violet (love), red (rage), blue (hope), orange (greed), indigo (compassion), black (death), and white (life).
    lantern_corps_ultra_print_by_kid_liger-d2z0i0s.jpg

White_Lantern_Corps-1.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    Yeah ive been keeping up with all the new Lanterns, Red Lanterns, Green Lantern, and New Guardians. I havent checked out that Green Lantern Corps comic but i heard its not as good as the rest. New Guardians is dope as ? tho, its a team with one member of each spectrum. In the most recent issues their rings were acting up and Kyle Raner was able to use all the spectrums at once. ? was bananas.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

He's reverse flash, flash runs forward, he can run through time, the only thing is that his origins trace back to flash so if he killed flash, he would lose all his powers plus flash himself can travel through time so they pretty much have the same powers except he's evil.

Zoom the Reverse Flash could alter and make changes to the past with no real repercussions to reality while The Flash cannot. This was the point of Flashpoint.

Also depending on which era we are talking about (for both Barry Allen and Wally West) including the current new 52 continuity The Flash may need a cosmic treadmill to travel through time while all Zoom ever needs is access to the negative speed force.

Anyway the Reverse Flash is about to be reintroduced in the post-Flashpoint continuity. Though his identity is not bound to be Eobard Thawne or Wally's Zoom Hunter Zolomon he even has a new costume design.

reverseflash-design.jpg

2903798-flash_new_52.jpg

f12.jpg?resize=576%2C446

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Black lantern corp.

blackest-night-rise-black-lantern-question-hawkman-shazam.jpg

There is a whole spectrum of Lantern Corps with their own essence, or trait needed to power them: green (willpower), yellow (fear), violet (love), red (rage), blue (hope), orange (greed), indigo (compassion), black (death), and white (life).
    lantern_corps_ultra_print_by_kid_liger-d2z0i0s.jpg

White_Lantern_Corps-1.jpg

I didn't know black hand was a lantern let alone had his own corps. I thought he was a stand alone villian
  • Lou Cypher
    Nah son he's the black lantern ring holder. All the black lanterns are corrupted heroes. Im not sure what white lanterns are but i know they are the same as Black Lanterns, just heroes that get consumed. They made Batman and Swamp Thing a White lantern for sure. I think its Deadman that still has a white lantern ring but it doesnt work anymore.

Larfleeze is dope tho, his entire corps is people he's killed and he can use his ring to summon their spirits and they work for him. They all have minds of their own but they are in controlled by Larfleeze. Red Lanterns and the Indigo Tribe are some straight killaz tho.
  • Lou Cypher
    And if you havent been reading the new 52 Green Lantern i highly recommend it. Unfortunately Geoff Johns is leaving it at issue 18 or 20, but hes done an amazing job with the series.
    Sinestro is a Green Lantern again, gives Hal Jordan a ring controlled by Sinestro, pretty much so Hal can help him with his mission. They go to fight black hand and end up getting killed or so it was thought. Really they are just in some dimension of the Black Ring, story is still in progress for them. But Black Hand gets a note about the future and it says Hal Jordan will be the Greatest Black Lantern.

Cant wait to find out what happens with that. Im still on issue 16 havent been comic shopping in a couple months unfortunately. Gonna drop a pretty penny next payday, prolly like 200 bucks lol. I hate falling behind and reading them digitally tho.
  • Sour-Cream
    Yea all the different colors signify what each lantern does, the red is rage so them ? ? people. Rage fuels their power. The white is life, they're good guys, protectors. If I had a choice, I'd choose to be a red lantern and straight murk ? .
  • EtherealAmotekun
    EtherealAmotekun Members Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭
    Aint nobody ? with Deathstroke

FutureDeathstrokeConcept.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martian Mother ? Manhunter! One of NY favorite heroes ever alongside Adam Warlock and Thor. He is a problem and easily the most powerful regular in the JL
  • Lou Cypher
    Ah man i forgot about manhunter he's pretty dope. I cant wait to see how the JLA comic Geoff Johns is doing turns out. Manhunters in there to take superman out if ? ever hits the fan.
  • Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    wonder-woman-blackest-night-dc-comics-8258159-900-1366.jpg

tumblr_ldeh5yZWQ51qzkkzco1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1366040082&Signature=eyd4m%2Bj1e6nLaSMCxNB8L12h3pQ%3D#_=_

tumblr_ml8cetys0K1rwng95o1_400.gif

WonderWonder1.jpg

tumblr_ml7jdfc0CZ1rgyfvfo6_r1_400.gif

But no matter what I've always been a DC girl.

tumblr_ml7ms2p6zi1so6n5no1_400.jpg

Justice League will always be my favorite.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭