One of many professors who took Shahadah after the miraculous verses in the Quran

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure many threads have been made like this. But oh well, another won't hurt.

- 1st example:
French Scientist Professor Maurice Bucaille, converted to Islam because of these verses:

"And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (? of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators. After that, surely, you will die."

(Surat Al- Muiminoon, Chapter #23, Verses 12 -16)

Professor Bucaille says that nothing accurately illustrates the embryonic development that coincides with the modern facts of embryology. These verses summarise the story of life. Soon after, he wrote his famous book "The Bible, The Quran and Modern Science" and he attested that Muhammad , the great man that read to us and informed us about these scientific facts was illiterate. Where would he have learnt these facts if it did not come to him via the infallible revelation of Allah?

- 2nd example:

Modern Science states that in higher altitudes of the atmosphere the amount of oxygen decreases and the level of air pressure increases. This scientific fact was revealed only after man invented airplanes. The Qur'an mentions the phenomenon of air pressure increasing and oxygen decreasing in the ayah:

"And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not."

(Surat Al- An'aam, Chapter # 6, verse # 125)

- 3rd example:

In high altitudes of the atmosphere, the light gets weaker and fades away gradually until it dissapears completely. Complete darkness spreads everywhere and the naked eye can no longer see. This is because the human eye cannot see on it's own, it needs light to reflect to visualise what is around it. In a scientific conference held in Egypt, a German Scientist spoke about this phenomenon. A Yemeni Scholar. Sheikh Abdul Majeed Zanadaani, said to the Scientist "I have known about this fact for hundreds of years now". The German Scientist protested saying "this was only discovered in the 50's, So how could you have known about it hundreds of years ago?" Sheikh Zanadaani responded, "The Quran informed us of this before you were close to discovering it". The Scientist became more amazed, and remained in this state until the Sheikh recited these verses:

"And even if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they were to continue ascending thereto, They would surely say: "Our eyes have been (as if) dazzled. Nay, we are a people bewitched."
(Surat Al- Hijr, Chapter # 15, verses 14-15)

Upon hearing this, the German Scientist asked for a copy of the Qur'an. He began reading it and by the end of the conference he had accepted Islam saying:

"We will show them Our Signs in the Universe, and in their ownselves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?"
(Surat Fussilat, Chapter #41, Verse #53)

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    something something he's not actually as objective as he seems when discussing scientific accuracy in the Qu'ran something something
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The claim that Muhammad was illiterate is a red herring since no one claims that he wrote the Quran. Legend has it that the Quran was given to him verbally, by the angel Gabriel, over a period of time. Muhammad then preached it but did not actually put any of it down on paper. The Quran was not assembled until after his death, much like the Buddhist suttas. I've heard that the order of the suras in the present version of the Quran or out of correct order. I don't know how true this is.

Anyway, all of what was said in the Quran is not out of the ordinary for what people of that time already knew. Many cultures were advanced in medicine, astronomy, navigation, architecture, agriculture, etc. before Muhammad's birth, e.g. ancient Egypt. After all, ancient does not translate as primitive. Modern humans are still confused as to how the ancients were able to do and know the things they did.
  • KLICHE
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    The claim that Muhammad was illiterate is a red herring since no one claims that he wrote the Quran. Legend has it that the Quran was given to him verbally, by the angel Gabriel, over a period of time. Muhammad then preached it but did not actually put any of it down on paper. The Quran was not assembled until after his death, much like the Buddhist suttas. I've heard that the order of the suras in the present version of the Quran or out of correct order. I don't know how true this is.

Anyway, all of what was said in the Quran is not out of the ordinary for what people of that time already knew. Many cultures were advanced in medicine, astronomy, navigation, architecture, agriculture, etc. before Muhammad's birth, e.g. ancient Egypt. After all, ancient does not translate as primitive. Modern humans are still confused as to how the ancients were able to do and know the things they did.

Your correct. Muhammad PBUH did not write what was revealed to him down. I was under the impression from what I had read elsewhere that he did have scribes though, who would jot down what he uttered.

What I find miraculous also is the Quran being unchanged in the 1400+years since it came about. Allah states that it is safeguarded, and has been. To me I find it fascinating as many have laid claim to certain book being so also, but are far from it.

When I think of a man (i.e Muhammad) who was wandering the desert here and there, and came to know all this, that is what strikes me as intirguing.. as much as him being illiterate.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »

When I think of a man (i.e Muhammad) who was wandering the desert here and there, and came to know all this, that is what strikes me as intirguing.. as much as him being illiterate.

Could he not have learned it from man rather than divine personage?
  • KLICHE
    Options
    Probably. To be honest if I wasn't there I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure. And no disrespect intended, just being real. The book does however strike a chord with me for reasons I don't know. I guess just some people feel connected to something more than other things. Like book, music, artists, artwork, or whatever it may be.

Personally reading the Quran opened my mind to alot of things I never gave thought to before. And it changed me for the better. So for me reading trhe Quran was 'life changing' as cliched as it sounds. I definitely don't see it will have that affect or everybody though. Others get their focus from other things. Which is all good also.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well the Dogon tribe knew about the Sirius solar system waay before anyone else. There are alot of theories about the birth of man. The nations in Africa worshiped many Gods before the coming of yahweh. According to Black Roots Science Yahweh sent the angel Gabriel to Mohammad. I personally don't believe that man came from clay but you dropped some good information anyway especially about man not being able to see at all in space.