If You're Over 16 and Don't Know How To Tie A Necktie, You're Losing in Life

Options

Comments

• Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for some reason this made me think of that old thread about things every man should know how to do........and someone said drive a forklift
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I learned that ? in 9th grade in ROTC.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to learn in HS. My b-ball coach made us dress up for away games & a tie was a must or u didn't even get on the bus.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ....its a necktime....smh at being grown and worrying about underage kids and their neck tying skills
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Had to learn in HS. My b-ball coach made us dress up for away games & a tie was a must or u didn't even get on the bus.

I would think with this ? 's schedule:

david-stern-lockout.jpg

he wouldn't have time to coach high school basketball, it's cool to see that he did.
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    ? ....its a necktime....smh at being grown and worrying about underage kids and their neck tying skills

It's a what, you slow motion ass muthafucka? I bet if Dutch Masters, Phillies, or White Owl conducted a poll, I bet more ? would know how to roll a blunt as opposed to knowing how to tie a tie. There are certain things a every man should know how to do, (namely because sooner or later he might need to know how to do it,) knowing how and when to wear dress clothes is one of them. Too many of y'all ? are over here thinking it's all about the hood, all of the time.

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're 21 and over and still wearing pre-tied bowties you're losing in life.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the fact that its takes 5 minutes learn makes it trivial as ? ...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Can't tie a tie post*
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I learned at 13..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just "learned" a few months ago.. So i tied all the ties in the crib.. and untied a few the next day..

Accomplishment.

fist-pump-baby.jpg
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This all falls in line with that whole human notions, values, beliefs that wearing certain clothing indicates respect, and responsibility, and all that jazz, and during the entire time I'm wearing a suit smiling and ? , I want to take that tie right back off and strangle ? with it.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    only fatherless ? can't tie a tie

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    This all falls in line with that whole human notions, values, beliefs that wearing certain clothing indicates respect, and responsibility, and all that jazz, and during the entire time I'm wearing a suit smiling and ? , I want to take that tie right back off and strangle ? with it.

Started from the bottom post
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My dad couldn't tie a tie. He a hood ? . I learned in the navy & got a app for that hard stuff but I hate ties
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    only fatherless ? can't tie a tie

I know orphans who can tie a tie... couple fatherless ? too...
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whenever I buy a suit I always have the sales person tie the tie ....winning !!
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ knowing 4-5 different knots for ties
    that's some boy scout ? right there

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember coming up though I would leave my ties tied and just hang em up so I wouldn't have to do it again. Pops would clown me on that.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't worn a suit since I was a kid. I'm not sure I remember how to do it. Have no use for ties.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i take my tie off ? about to get serious
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ? this thread. my Dad has shown me 10000000 times but i always forget. ? really is that complicated. ? that anglo ? anyway

It's like riding a bike or doing skate board tricks once you learn you'll never forget. Like I said, you'll have to devote like thirty minutes out of life to perfect it.

howtotieatie.jpg
    Pops taught me how to when I was about 13. I just know the basic knots, looking in to learning other kinds of knots. Found out about this one today, cape tie knot. Looks too trill

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfpjquKKYGAcg4dWjSb8S14LxdKtHUZi99zgED4BrtqWPvW3cVsA
    ^^^^^Not a cape not. Eldredge knot, http://www.blacklapel.com/thecompass/ask-a-black-lapel-stylist-how-do-you-tie-a-trinity-knot:

tumblr_mhrim9Zt9I1qbptbuo1_500.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Me too. This knot is some ill ? too. BTW ^^^^ cape knot

mF0ajD1SWHc.jpg

? looks like a ribbon on a present.

GW8cVhBvvjTf4Wa_491x287-1.jpg

Now who's ? with pocket squares? I prefer the four points. Of course none of that pre-folded ? .
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cot damn @ you needing a degree to tie that ^^^ ? !!!

I buy the new joints they have that just zip up.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tying ties since 9 post.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »

I would think with this ? 's schedule:

david-stern-lockout.jpg

he wouldn't have time to coach high school basketball, it's cool to see that he did.
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »

It's a what, you slow motion ass muthafucka? I bet if Dutch Masters, Phillies, or White Owl conducted a poll, I bet more ? would know how to roll a blunt as opposed to knowing how to tie a tie. There are certain things a every man should know how to do, (namely because sooner or later he might need to know how to do it,) knowing how and when to wear dress clothes is one of them. Too many of y'all ? are over here thinking it's all about the hood, all of the time.

Learned to Tie a tie at 18, Took Me less than 10 Mins

Learned to Roll a Dutch at 13, took Me a few Hours With Multiple Tries.

I've Complimented many Nicely Rolled blunts but never a Nice tie knot Lolll