Hell Cool Website for Men's Wear

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Fashion Forward
The other day I was passing time at school when I did a search on YouTube on, "How to buy a bespoke suit?" When this dude and his series of videos came up. Potna pretty much covers everything you want to know about men's clothing and he isn't on some ? ass "? for the straight guy," ? . Potna is just tailor sharing his knowledge of the game with dudes who have desire to step their wardrobes up, have their clothes fit properly, and enable the well dressed man to give a more favorable impression of himself.

Here's some starter videos:

http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/videos/?tubepress_page=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9QnauiFCW_U

Why Wear A Suit Jacket - Sport Jacket - Blazer - How Jackets Improve your Appearance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmIvSF-5Mok

How to Buy an Overcoat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C6n00rAxmU

Men's Trouser Break - Understanding Proper Cuff Break On Male Slacks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=17QiNDcWyvM

How To Prevent Shoe Damage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJWuqjptFeA

How to Wear a Men's Suit - Man's Video Guide to Buying a Suit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uJkPLO0cv1I

Men's Jacket Sleeve Buttons - Why Are They There?

Comments

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont kno if i wanna wear some hell cool ?
  • Maximus Rex
    Sion wrote: »
    Got Dayum.... good post fam, good drop on the shoe damage vid.

Gentlemen take notes....

Thanks dude, http://www.realmenrealstyle.com/videos/ is powerful reference tool and from what I seen, it looks like dude has all of the bases covered. ? that trying to be "swaggerific" should bookmark that site and reference it frequently. Unfortunately one of the bad effects of the Hip Hop culture, (coupled with single motherhood,) is that ? forgot how to dress. It's cool that Run DMC got ? away from that Parliament/Funkadelic ? that Bambatta'em and that hella tight ? that Melle Mel'em was wearing, but ? went to extreme end of the specturm to totally eschewing dress and classifying it as being "white," and "nerdy."

There's too much of this mindset among young black men, (especially in the hood,):

Max. wrote: »
    if u wear a suit at 16 people gona roast the ? outa u(if u in the hood)

Church zoot suit wearn ass
    BoldChild wrote: »
    When I was in HS I knew of a ? that wore a suit to a McDonald's interview.

Yeah, he got roasted by other ? .

Then ? , (not realizing that their all a lot of subtle intricacies when wearing dress clothes,) look the damn fool when they do. Like dude said in the How to Buy a Suit, vid, "Most dudes dress clothes fit too big on them," but these ? think they're the ? in that wack ass Stacy Adams attire. ? ? me, they'll drop a buck fifty on some J's, but won't invest in quality dress clothes that ironically will last a lot longer.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]

Then ? , (not realizing that their all a lot of subtle intricacies when wearing dress clothes,) look the damn fool when they do. Like dude said in the How to Buy a Suit, vid, "Most dudes dress clothes fit too big on them," but these ? think they're the ? in that wack ass Stacy Adams attire. ? ? me, they'll drop a buck fifty on some J's, but won't invest in quality dress clothes that ironically will last a lot longer. [/quote]

the bolded made me laugh..my uncle was trying to school my cousin on what clothes to buy to get a good woman and this ? said get some Stacy Adams ? ..i just shook my head and walked out the door
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66752185.jpg

Ladies love me, I'm on my Ving Rhames.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66752185.jpg

Ladies love me, I'm on my Ving Rhames.
    ? dressed like that specialize in two things:

1.getting vast amounts of ?

2.getting large amounts of tax-free money

• gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    I never understood why muhfukaz glorified mafioso dudes, but wouldn't emulate the dressing style as far as tryna look like business men. Especially when muhfukaz got to that phase where everyone was screaming that "I'm an entrepreneur" ? . If you are going to run wit that, why not at least try and dress the part.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo father shouldve taught u that ?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gem$tone wrote: »
    I never understood why muhfukaz glorified mafioso dudes, but wouldn't emulate the dressing style as far as tryna look like business men. Especially when muhfukaz got to that phase where everyone was screaming that "I'm an entrepreneur" ? . If you are going to run wit that, why not at least try and dress the part.

Never understood it either
  • Maximus Rex
    edited April 2013
    Maximus Rex

Then ? , (not realizing that their all a lot of subtle intricacies when wearing dress clothes,) look the damn fool when they do. Like dude said in the How to Buy a Suit, vid, "Most dudes dress clothes fit too big on them," but these ? think they're the ? in that wack ass Stacy Adams attire. ? ? me, they'll drop a buck fifty on some J's, but won't invest in quality dress clothes that ironically will last a lot longer.

the bolded made me laugh..my uncle was trying to school my cousin on what clothes to buy to get a good woman and this ? said get some Stacy Adams ? ..i just shook my head and walked out the door

You're uncle was on the right track, just the wrong train. Wearing Stacy Adams will attract women to you, the thing is do you want to ? with a chick who thinks Stacy Adams is quality and high end mens wear? Chicks like this are the WOAT in addition, they're on some pseudo bougie ? . These kind of hoes are under the impression that:

macys_s_v1_460x285.jpg

is on par with bergdorf-goodman_9187.jpg

They think that eating here:

Picture-41.png&w=500&zc=1&q=80&bid=1is analogus to eating dining here.

64981150_mr-chows-chinese-1.jpg

and any car with this hood ornament

1538852_b_d48dc040af51a878.jpg

costs as much this car

mercedes_benz_s_class_s550_2013

Not realizing that Benz is the German equivalent to Ford or GM and they makes cars in every price range.

• Maximus Rex

They think it's being "white," and "nerdy."

• king hassan

LOL maybe cuz I'm older and here come the jokes but when I was younger we'd wear suits, slacks, dress shoes, gym shoes,warm up suits, sweats and jeans to school and nobody batted a eye. It depended on how you felt that day and the women dug us more when we were "dressed"
  • Maximus Rex
    edited April 2013

LOL maybe cuz I'm older and here come the jokes but when I was younger we'd wear suits, slacks, dress shoes, gym shoes,warm up suits, sweats and jeans to school and nobody batted a eye. It depended on how you felt that day and the women dug us more when we were "dressed"

You went to school with more civilized group of negros.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then ? , (not realizing that their all a lot of subtle intricacies when wearing dress clothes,) look the damn fool when they do. Like dude said in the How to Buy a Suit, vid, "Most dudes dress clothes fit too big on them," but these ? think they're the ? in that wack ass Stacy Adams attire. ? ? me, they'll drop a buck fifty on some J's, but won't invest in quality dress clothes that ironically will last a lot longer. [/quote]

the bolded made me laugh..my uncle was trying to school my cousin on what clothes to buy to get a good woman and this ? said get some Stacy Adams ? ..i just shook my head and walked out the door[/quote]

see this is ? too...cuz the suit just needs to be tailored. Aint nothing wrong wit SA suit, u just goitta let the chinese lady cut it right. ? alaways think jus cuz it got a white boy name in it or on it its better.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited May 2013
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    see this is ? too...cuz the suit just needs to be tailored. Aint nothing wrong wit SA suit, u just goitta let the chinese lady cut it right. ? alaways think jus cuz it got a white boy name in it or on it its better.

Potna, outside of a ratchet ass wedding reception or the Player's Ball, do really think that any of these suits are acceptable to wear:

stacy739014sm.jpg

stacy10117sm.jpg

001_2__94334.1352949398.800.800.jpg

50236_177143142324111_4422190_n.jpg

The last two actually aren't that bad, but they still have that "Stacy Adams look to them. In others those suits look cheap. With the money that you would spend with the alteractions you could have gotten a decent off the rack suit and if you saved you some money, you could have gotten some made-to-measure-? . That Stacy Adams ? looks like a "try hard." The only ? who wear that ? is old ? who thought they were fly and they're trying to regain their former glory or young ? who don't know what the ? they're doing.

? alaways think jus cuz it got a white boy name in it or on it its better.

Actually a suit is suppose to have Your Name, in it.

• king hassan

Potna, outside of a ratchet ass wedding reception or the Player's Ball, do really think that any of these suits are acceptable to wear:

stacy739014sm.jpg

stacy10117sm.jpg

001_2__94334.1352949398.800.800.jpg

50236_177143142324111_4422190_n.jpg

The last two actually aren't that bad, but they still have that "Stacy Adams look to them. In others those suits look cheap. With the money that you would spend with the alteractions you could have gotten a decent off the rack suit and if you saved you some money, you could have gotten some made-to-measure-? . That Stacy Adams ? looks like a "try hard." The only ? who wear that ? is old ? who thought they were fly and they're trying to regain their former glory or young ? who don't know what the ? they're doing.

? alaways think jus cuz it got a white boy name in it or on it its better.

Actually a suit is suppose to have Your Name, in it.

All them ? is terrible
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orange is a terrible suit color... Reminds me ofdumb and dumber.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
  • Convict Cartel
    Convict Cartel Members Posts: 30
    Lmao now i know how to shop!
  • Maximus Rex
    Lmao now i know how to shop!

Some ? don't.