Edge and Eddie....... School me,,,,,,,,,,,,

Options
TheIraq
TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
How the ? did Edge and Eddie get stupid popular????????? 2003- September 2007 I wasn't watching wrestling...... Work, drinking, and hoes consumed me...... I remember John Cena slapping Chris Jericho and I remember Brock Lensar killing The Rock at a SummerSlam........ Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Triple H, and Bastisa is a blur to me....... WTF happened in 2003 to 2007? Orton wins the title I know...... But what else lol? John Cena raps to the crowd in jean shorts? WTF happened from 03 to 04 til September 07? WTF did I miss? lol......When the ? did Edge become a hall of famer? He was in the Brood lol.....

Comments

• TheIraq
    Options
    When did Eddie get so popular?
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Somebody or people school me with videos of both these ? lol.....
  • TheIraq
    Options
    That lie cheat and steal with Chavo really worked?
  • TheIraq
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they were great in the ring already, their characters just got super over
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge was wack and overrated nothing special at all just sucked ? backstage and Eddie was a great actual wrestler ... Just couldn't put the needles down
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Didnt Edges popularity start when he won the King of the Ring? Then after that there was a whole lot of other ? that happened in between, Christian got jealous I think of him winning KOTR and turned on him or some ? . Then he went on to team with Hogan in his last WWE run? Not saying that the Hogan tag title reign pushed him into it but there was a lot of things that did.

HollywoodHulkHoganEdge_display_image.jpg?1330291344

That whole thing with him, Lita & Matt is what made got him over as the top heel for a long time, then at the end he transitioned back into a face and still had a strong fanbase up till the end of his career.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge was good because he had good matches with everybody, entertaining as a heel and a face. When he cashed in the first ever MOB briefcase at New Year Revolution (after the Elimination Chamber match back in January of 2006 maybe), that's when he really sky rocketed into the main event status. He was there during the Attitude Era few years after it started and if he ever puts out a shoot interview, it'll be great because he seems like he could have a lot of stories to tell. Check out both his DVDs.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Edge was entertaining. I hate that he had to retire early
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    2002-2003 when Edge was on Smackdown i was a fan of his as a singles competitor. He had an ill moveset and was really perfecting his craft and i knew he could be a main eventer after seeing his match vs Brock Lesnar at the Resurrection UK PPV.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    But Edge blew up instantly once WWE took advantage of the real life Matt hardy-lita-Edge triangle. Matt was going at Edge and Lita for a year via blogs on some Eminem ? and all the IWC was rolling with Matt and hated Edge and Lita for that .. Next thing you know they bring Matt back and Edge gets legit heat.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Now that Edge was forced into retirement it makes me wish I would of appreciated him more, if he was still able to compete a lot of ? in the WWE probably would not be how it is right now. Yall think Punk ever would of got his push into the main event if Edge wouldn't of been forced to retire or would Vince have released him without second thoughts if he still had Edge on the roster? Dude was good as a heel or face & he really carried smackdown.. it would of great to see both him and Punk in the main event scene at the same time and in the same angle.

Match from when they got traded in the draft
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byeYarGvJ9I
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I think Punk would've still had his push.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge is hated for no reason and the same people who hate Edge for main eventing and being a champ want Christian to do the same. SMH.

Edge was the total package; mic work was great, in ring was great, gimmick was great.

People hate to think or see wrestling evolve, it isn't about technical wrestlers and brolic champions, it's about a package now.

There's a handful of dudes I can say I don't feel deserved title runs or a main event spotlight. Edge isn't one of them. He had his run at the right time.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Now that Edge was forced into retirement it makes me wish I would of appreciated him more, if he was still able to compete a lot of ? in the WWE probably would not be how it is right now. Yall think Punk ever would of got his push into the main event if Edge wouldn't of been forced to retire or would Vince have released him without second thoughts if he still had Edge on the roster? Dude was good as a heel or face & he really carried smackdown.. it would of great to see both him and Punk in the main event scene at the same time and in the same angle.

Match from when they got traded in the draft
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byeYarGvJ9I

Yea Punk would've still blew up. to main event status. Matter fact their feud could've been a rivalry if Edge didn't retire. Edge as face, Punk as heel. Both can put on great matches, both have great in ring work & great on the mic too. I hate that he had to leave wrestling tho because I see that feud & match as a wrestlemania match
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i can also see cm punk still gettin that push, all he needed was the opportunity he was already hot and ready to take it, if edge was still around, i think smackdown would be in so much better shape, instead guys like randy and sheamus just floating around on there, and wwe need to gon bring back christian and stop misusing him
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    not gonna lie i felt like ? when dude said he had to retire lol that match he had with cena was great

? with his theme song too that ? fit him
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? asked 18 questions in the op.
    Lie cheat n steal gimmick was goat
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cold Blood Matt Hardy>Edge
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    not gonna lie i felt like ? when dude said he had to retire lol that match he had with cena was great

? with his theme song too that ? fit him

Yea I liked that ? theme song too
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Latino was goat entertainment behind The Rock. And why did Edge retire?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Latino was goat entertainment behind The Rock. And why did Edge retire?

neck issue, actually wrestled with it at WM 27. but was told by doctors he had to stop
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    edge was a great heel dating back to the e&c days. they always won the high profile matches against the more popular hardys and dudleys. that's why people hated them so much

also that ultimate opportunist gimmick worked well for him. he cashed in that mitb briefcase against cena and taker when they were in no condition to defend their titles. heel or face edge had good-great matches with everyone. cena, taker, hbk, matt or jeff hardy, orton, hhh, batista, mysterio, eddie, rvd, jericho, etc.

I do believe however edge was a victim of too many useless and forgettable title reigns, specifically back in late 2008

ss08- won wwe title
    Armageddon 08 - lost wwe title
    rr09- won wwe title
    no way out 09 - lost wwe title, won whc later that night
    wm - lost whc
    backlash 09 - won whc

edge had what, 11 title reigns total? that's part of why people dislike him but I blame booking for that