What awakens you is observing and understanding the world around you

What they doing just gets your clothes wet

Big waste of time

If Jesus was here I think hed be like

Yall got this ? ,completely ? up.

• NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it felt like being submerged in murky waters on a backwoods farm; it tasted like being submerged in murky waters on a backwoods farm.

apparently all sins were washed away and there was new birth, but my memory is foggy, just like those murky waters on that ? backwoods farm.

every other kid enjoyed clean water from the fire station, in a baptism pool.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I GOT BAPTISED 2 WEEKS AGO...

THE 1ST TIME I DID IT, I WAS LIKE 10.... I DID IT AGAIN BECAUSE I FELT I NEEDED 2 SINCE I WAS AN ADULT AND IM A CHRISTIAN. ..PEOPLE DO IT 4 DIFFERENT REASONS. .. I WAS GLAD WHEN I DID IT. ..LIJE A BURDEN BEING LIFTED OFF OF MY SHOULDERS
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was baptized as a baby I was pure and had no understaning of the concept of sin. some say that's like taking a clean cloth and putting it in the washing machine. if I were to be baptized today this would happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYuzCzXIOU
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Matt- wrote: »
    you are supposed to have 'changed' or become Christian prior to the baptism. Baptism itself doesn't "save" anyone. Dipping into the water is a public profession and a symbolic gesture of your transformation.

That's in4teresting. So that means its more of ceremony and the spiritual awakening happens prior. I can understand that. Is it safe to say then that you can have become "saved" and never be baptized (meaning going through the process)?

yes. baptism is a ritual. not a method of salvation, or access to heaven

A RITUAL???? ITS A STEP TO SALVATION. .JESUS GOT BAPTISED. .YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN TO ENTER THE GATES
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a symbolic transformation from a life of sin to a life with ? . It is not the magical salvation spell, no offence to you born agains. The water is symbolic of Christ's blood and the new covenant, a show of commitment to your new family in Christ. Ritual and symbolism, many traditions have ways of initiating neonates, to know the community can trust their secrets to them.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe baptism is the physical motions of something that is suppose to be occurring mentally when you get baptized as an adult. The symbolism of washing the old you away, being 'born' through the water(? fluid of the world) a new being emerges.... or is suppose to.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not meaning to offend anyone, I think it is more or less a way that some can feel ok about themselves and that all the evils they were once were caught up in are now forgotten about. I think no matter how many baptizms you get involved in, the Almighty will still hold one accountable for all their sins. Before and after the bathing.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can see all p.o.v's on this.
    the first time i got baptized, was pretty much something that i thought was the right thing to do. i was 9 or 10 at the time. i really hadn't had a full concept on what 'sin' was. i view it as a ritual, like the other posters said. bt it is a way of becoming 'clean'. every thing you do has an effect on you getting into heaven, however; being baptized is what separates you from those who haven't who continue to unknowingly/knowingly live in sin. if i have come forth as a believer and have been baptized and repent for those sins that i have done, THAT is what matters most. only ? knows your heart.