Exclusive: The Rock Legitimately ? Off At WWE

king mocha
king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
As noted the day after the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view, there was "absolute panic" backstage at RAW the following night in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up The Rock to set up next year's WrestleMania main event. The problem was that The Rock was not there and went home. Vince McMahon, the writers and producers rewrote the show, most specifically the opening segment. The Rock was actually scheduled to open RAW with a promo about losing the WWE title to John Cena, only to be attacked and taken out by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. This would set up the WrestleMania 30 main event.

In addition to the opening segment being re-written, there was a second major angle to set up the main feud going forward and the Extreme Rules main event involving John Cena's next title defense. The Rock was said to be involved in that, which of course led to further revisions.

WZROnline.com was informed that The Rock stayed in a New Jersey hotel that Sunday night and then left home first thing Monday morning. The Rock did not notify anyone from WWE that he was flying home. After failing to respond to numerous phone calls, the company was finally able to get in contact with Rock around 3:00PM on Monday afternoon. Once doing so, he was claiming to be "injured" and told them he wouldn't be able to make RAW, which was airing several hours later. This obviously caused major re-writes to the show and sent WWE into panic-mode, as noted before. WWE was completely caught off guard and wasn't even aware Rock had flown home, as the "Brahma Bull" had failed to inform anyone.

At 6:00AM EST, prior to The Rock getting on a plane and flying home, he replied to UFC President Dana White with the following: @danawhite Appreciate that brother! A helluva show. My tequila bottle awaits when I get home. Can't wait for #UFC 159 #Bones The last message that The Rock sent was a reply to a fan at 7:53 AM ET. He then boarded a plane home.

According to our sources, while The Rock may be legitimately injured, there is much more to the story than just that. Following his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29, we're told he "stormed out" of Metlife Stadium and refused to see any of WWE's doctors. He simply told them that he was only going to see his own doctors, but did not say he was flying home to do so.

Additionally, WZROnline.com sources indicated that The Rock was upset that the original plans for WrestleMania 29 had been changed on the day of the show. There were plans up until the very last minute where The Rock would retain the WWE title and then drop it at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

Despite what you see during interviews with John Cena and The Rock, there is legitimate heat between the two and they simply don't get along in real life. The two are said to be "cordial" backstage but there is a "battle of egos" and you can tell there is tension between the two according to those backstage.

Following WrestleMania, The Rock posted the following on his Twitter account regarding his "injury": Injury update: Dr's & I elected not to reattach tendons to my pelvis. They'll just scar up. Now I prep to shoot HERCULES #TheDemiGOD

Despite these "injuries", The Rock is still in the gym training and is telling people he's "avoiding surgery" as it would delay the shoot for Hercules: The Thracian Wars.

We'll give you the moral of the story below with bullet points:

* The Rock claims he's injured.
* The Rock "stormed out" of WrestleMania 29 and refused to see WWE's doctors.
* The Rock flew home without notifying ANYONE in WWE, including Vince McMahon.
* WWE tried to get in contact with The Rock all day on Monday. He didn't answer until 3:00PM, after the show had been written involving him.
* The Rock wasn't backstage at RAW .... not even to cut a promo, etc.
* The Rock was upset that the original WrestleMania 29 plans had been changed ... all the way up until the day of the show.
* The Rock is claiming he's injured (severely) but he's already back in the gym and training.

We can confirm that The Rock is legitimately ? off at WWE and has basically "walked out" out on the company for now. Add that to the fact that he didn't notify anyone that he was leaving (couldn't even cut a promo on RAW) and is already back training after suffering several severe injuries and you've got many skeptical people in WWE right now.

We'll have another update on The Rock either late tonight or tomorrow morning. As of now, the two sides have not communicated since WrestleMania 29 and there is no word on what his future with the company is as of this writing. We hope to have more shortly.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ducktales. Rock has never had a problem doing jobs. As much as I don't really care for the dude I can see him being okay with losing.

Besides I think the plan the whole time was for a short title run.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew the rock was supposed to win and drop it at extreme rules when it comes to john cena plans always get change whether you the rock or when Brock went against cena at extreme rules 2012.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    I believe it.

So do I. I remember when Stone Cold walked out and the Rock did a promo telling Austin to get the F out, CM Punk need to cut the a similar promo for the Rock
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So The Rock "took his ball and went home"
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rock shoulda pulled some Montreal screw job type ? , and leave with the WWE title and bring it over to TNA
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    jono wrote: »
    Ducktales. Rock has never had a problem doing jobs. As much as I don't really care for the dude I can see him being okay with losing.

Besides I think the plan the whole time was for a short title run.

^ this

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"What I'm talking about is being able to go back to the WWE and give back to the business, which is in my blood and has allowed me a platform to perform which then, 12 years ago, allowed me to make he transition to Hollywood," Rock said.

"So the scenario I've dreamed of is that I'm able to go back, become WWE champion, go into the what is considered the biggest marketplace in the world, which is the New York City area, at MetLife Stadium and headline WrestleMania as champion and give back to the business, the fans, the company, and their number one hero. So I couldn't have asked for a better scenario and we're going to have a blast."

also regarding the injury:

The Rock pulled out of scheduled media appearances for "Pain & Gain" as well as an appearance at the MTV Movie Awards last night due to the injury he suffered at Wrestlemania 29.

Rocky is a third generation wrestler; he genuinely loves the business and has given more than people care to admit back to it. He is also not an idiot. He wouldn't burn the WWE bridge. If I were to be as speculative as the dirt sheets like to be I'd realize 3 things:

1) The Rock has made himself a brand.

2) Being back in WWE promotes this brand (ie: his movies and outside ventures) on a high level and he already had a grassroots audience from there. He couldn't lose.

3) Being back in WWE he could use The Rock as his media appearance name as opposed to just Dwayne Johnson again. Which was a hurdle in him selling himself for roles and outside projects in the past. Now he could take advantage of selling "The Rock" again to movie producers, tv producers etc.

That's just using common sense. This is more dirt sheet ? to create sensationalist reactions.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can see him being upset because of the change of plans at mania, and if he is, i dont blame him
  • Broddie
    edited April 2013
    What changes? stop believing this dirt sheet ? .

"become WWE champion, go into the what is considered the biggest marketplace in the world, which is the New York City area, at MetLife Stadium and headline WrestleMania as champion and give back to the business, the fans, the company, and their number one hero."

The Rock said that in February. He basically spoiled what happened weeks in advance. He came back as champ and gave the business a huge main event draw that brought it mainstream attention, gave the fans another Wrestlemania appearance by him as a champ and finally gave their number one hero (meaning the face of the company) the rub that he needed from him this time and the championship as a symbolic passing of the torch.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    u never really know man, things couldve changed, coulda went either way
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe this BS...some of it may be true...The Rock not contacting WWE and letting them know he wasn't going to be at Raw and the E having to re-write the show n what not is all probably true...

but everybody & their mama knew that The Rock was going to lose to Cena at WM..

He's suppose to start filming a new movie real soon
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah umm, what does Rock has to prove again? He already sealed his legacy in the WWE. Sooooooo what exactly does he have to prove again?
  • VIBE
    As noted earlier, I spoke with ? Foley days after his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. During the Hall of Fame ceremony, Foley noted how he had never pinned Chris Jericho. Jericho made his way onto the stage, and Foley dropped an elbow on him as CM Punk counted three. I asked Foley if there was anything that would bring him out of retirement, or if the bit with Jericho was his last "match."
    "Maybe if they had an old timer's battle royal at WrestleMania 40 [laughs]," Foley joked. "Yeah, I think that elbow is the last wrestling move that you will see me participate in."

I also asked Foley about the Rock suffering a torn abdominal muscle during his WrestleMania 29 match with John Cena, since Foley had also suffered that injury during a match in 1993. Foley noted that it was the most painful injury that he had ever suffered, and was impressed that The Rock was able to finish his match.

"I could barely move when it happened to me," Foley admitted. "I finished my match but I didn't have the pressure on me that he did to not only finish, but to have a main event match on the biggest show of the year. It's incredibly painful... I wasn't right for months, even years after that."

Bolder makes me think that Rocks injury is ? . ? has taken a ? load of bumps and this was the worst to him. I doubt Rocky has his pain tolerance.

Plus, I'm hearing that Rock and Vince aren't on speaking terms and that his matches planned with Brock have been put on hold.

I think he is legit upset with the company and Vince.
  • Broddie
    edited April 2013
    So The Rock is going to cancel important talk show appearances promoting his last movie (which is still opening in different countries worldwide) and his upcoming movie as well as premieres for his movies because he's bitter with WWE?

LMAO

Never mind the fact that he suffered an injury common to steroid abusers and he's obviously been juicing.

Now do I think he exaggerated the circumstances of his injury? yes. I believe he may have sprained and pulled his abdominal muscles which again happens to people who overjuice.

I don't believe they tore actually away from his upper torso. If they did he WOULD need surgery and not have doctors telling him that he doesn't and it would've been a far more painful ordeal (closer to what ? Foley described).
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it come to wrestlers in movies?the rank is:

The rock
    Stone cold
    Triple h
    Goldberg
    Kevin nash
    Hulk hogan
    Batista
    Big show
    The whole cast of ready to rumble

David arquette
    Mr kennedy
    Cena
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the rock is alot of things ego driven has never been one of them....look at how many times he jobbed to less talented less famous/over wrestlers than he....and he would have a problem dropping it to cena why? (he already knew he would drop it to cena b4 he even got it)
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm calling ducktales but if true Stone Cold is somewhere smiling. Even though he's cool with Vince and The Rock.
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rock posted the following to his Twitter today:

Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic.

Surgery is next week. #BringItOn
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn everytime I hear someone say "The Rock is on steriods" I cringe and say "say it aint so breh"
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn everytime I hear someone say "The Rock is on steriods" I cringe and say "say it aint so breh"

I Rock Aint never been so cut in his life. That ? is on the juice. ? hurt my heart. When all my black friends cheered on Stone Cold i was cheering Rock. Then he go out like Hogan n Triple H.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

The Rock spoke to Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg and discussed his upcoming reality series, The Hero. During the interview, The Rock admitted that his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29 may have been his last.

"Possibly, to be honest with you," Rock replied when asked if his match against John Cena at WrestleMania 29 was his last. "The goal three years ago was I sat down with Vince McMahon and strategized about it, about three WrestleMania's back to back... I committed myself to the company and I was very proud of that moment. It didn't matter if I lost or I did the job, but it was an honor to do the honors. There is no better way to give back... then by doing the honors."

Rock also noted Cena was "hands down" the right guy to lose to.

"People wanted to build me to a certain place, and then do things the right way. And for the business that I love, it was an awesome way, it was the best way to give back. Was it my last match? Possibly. I'm really not too sure, and I wouldn't rule it out."

Rock was also asked if the original plan was to build for a rubber match with Cena at next year's WrestleMania in New Orleans.

"No, not at all," Rock replied, before admitting that there were plans for a match with Brock Lesnar. "The original plan was possibly Brock and myself. That was the next thing that made sense to me because I love Brock, we've been friends for over a decade now and we can have a great athletic match. But then I had torn my two tendons on my pelvis and I had to fly home that day, and we couldn't do what we wanted to do on RAW that day. So... possibly, possibly with Brock down the road."

The Rock also said that he talked to Vince McMahon and Triple H the night of WrestleMania about his injury. He said that he and Vince agreed in the locker room that he wouldn't be at RAW the next day, and that he got a call from one of the writers the next day about issuing a statement on RAW, which he did.

and now words from Y2J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3o_EDYl7a4
  • VIBE
    I thought Rock had plans for ER as well?

Oh well, good to know he's done. He should've been done awhile back. Now we can move on.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Rock had plans for ER as well?

Oh well, good to know he's done. He should've been done awhile back. Now we can move on.

? u sir...

Probably got the best though ....fans ? seem like they appreciated ? anyway
    Hollywood money>>>>
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭