Comments

• rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    *no car note post*
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice in here.
    Glad u walked away Texas.
    There are a lot of cars in Houston so shop around.

I actually flew there 1-way tocket to pick up my car back in 2011.
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't get a 72 months finance on ANY car, new 2-3 years old whatever. that's one hell of a timespan, do what samson said and get something cheaper for a year or two, pay it off in time and trade it in.

that way you improve your credit score and also have already paid off a good part of the price through trading it in.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this should help you and other on here in the future.....helps u calculate the price of a car u can afford payment wise
    http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/affordability.html
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't get a 72 months finance on ANY car, new 2-3 years old whatever. that's one hell of a timespan, do what samson said and get something cheaper for a year or two, pay it off in time and trade it in.

that way you improve your credit score and also have already paid off a good part of the price through trading it in.

Thats what I'm thinking about doing get a 15k car pay most of it off in 8-9 months and build my credit up that way
  • texas409
    Its some good advice in here though I appreciate it fellas
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT KNOW IF YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE THAT SPECIFIC CAR.. BUT NISSIAN AND TOYOTA ARE ALWAYS RUNNING 0%-3.9% ON BRAND NEW CARS... YOU SHOULD TRY THEM OUT
  • rooster_cogburn
    b00kie wrote: »
    Good advice in here.
    Glad u walked away Texas.
    There are a lot of cars in Houston so shop around.

I actually flew there 1-way tocket to pick up my car back in 2011.

Did the same last summer, except I flew to Dallas. Beautiful city.
  • rooster_cogburn
    @ap12 the ? is beautiful bruh. that lil extra money gon burn a hole in ur pocket for a min
  • texas409
    i just did the calculator.....and yea they were trying to get over on me
  • rooster_cogburn
    edited April 2013
    Dope Wayne(02-07) said it long ago..."a lil ? , I still thinking saving is wack"

I Never been good @ saving. My lady usually put our cake to the side, cause im just gon spend it on the whip, or a new TV, or a ? might buy a ? Sega CD just to say I got one again. Wont even play that mufucka. $$ be easy af for us ? to spend when you dont have kids(im 28), and you got a good job.

I get that check & pay the bills, she put some aside, then I be like "damn, I aint bought nuthin new for the GP in a couple weeks. Let me snatch these wheels" or "damn, time to get them slotted/drilled rotors", "royal purple synthetic going in this weekend, dont care if its $12/quart"

If we had shorties im know that wouldnt be the case, but we dont, and it is, so......

Time for that new SLP exhaust.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    When I do modifications it's not with resale in mind, it's for my own driving experience.
    I put leather seats in my accord, I know if i went to trade it in they sure weren't going to care. It's still a'94 accord.
    Same as dude on here selling the decked out escalade. I'm sure He invested damn near $20k on that bad boy. But selling it for $50k. Go ahead and be ready to take that lick when it's time to sell. .But enjoy it while u got it
  • rooster_cogburn
    edited April 2013
    @b00kie exactly. my car is like a mirror of my personality. Black(obviously), low key, sexy(nh), quick, well taken care of, powerful. I plan on keeping my whip for another 2-3years aleast. 3800's are known for running well over 300,000miles if taken care of, so I dont plan on getting rid of it.

I let the lady buy the ? for the crib. As long as my man-cave decked out, dont care what she do witj the rest of the crib, and since my hobbie IS working my car, I like to buy nice things for it. dont really care about depreciation, as long I enjoy driving it, and i still turn heads, errthang is a go.
  • texas409
    Quick question for anyone that knows but with my credit score being what it is how much interest should I accept and what's a reasonable monthly payment? I tried researching yesterday and was hit and miss
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @b00kie exactly. my car is like a mirror of my personality. Black(obviously), low key, sexy(nh), quick, well taken care of, powerful. I plan on keeping my whip for another 2-3years aleast. 3800's are known for running well over 300,000miles if taken care of, so I dont plan on getting rid of it.

I let the lady buy the ? for the crib. As long as my man-cave decked out, dont care what she do witj the rest of the crib, and since my hobbie IS working my car, I like to buy nice things for it. dont really care about depreciation, as long I enjoy driving it, and i still turn heads, errthang is a go.

• [Deleted User]
  • rooster_cogburn
    edited April 2013

I mean what I said, bruh. HV3 insert, CAI, 180thermostat, overkill pcm tune. All installed by me, all that along with my eaton m90 gen5 supercharger make it easy for me beat a SXT charger, SXT challenger(both heavy ass cars), & would beat any 05-10 Mustangs that isnt a GT. I cant see the new 5.0's.

lol You ? ? me.
  • texas409
    texas409 wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone that knows but with my credit score being what it is how much interest should I accept and what's a reasonable monthly payment? I tried researching yesterday and was hit and miss

i've never paid over 400 a month for my scion tc, trailblazer, avalanche, tiburon or accent...

When I was young and wildin I did some things that affect my credit now so I'm sure your paying so low cause your score is better than mine
  • wilberdmillz

I mean what I said, bruh. HV3 insert, CAI, 180thermostat, overkill pcm tune. All installed by me, all that along with my eaton m90 gen5 supercharger make it easy for me beat a SXT charger, SXT challenger(both heavy ass cars), & would beat any 05-10 Mustangs that isnt a GT. I cant see the new 5.0's.

lol You ? ? me.

You got a nice car bro, hell my mom had a Grand Prix GT back when i was in high school and I swore i was gonna get a GXP one day. You sound like the dude with the Malibu SS tho, while they're nice cars they aren't powerful at all stock and with bolt ons.
  • wilberdmillz
    texas409 wrote: »

i've never paid over 400 a month for my scion tc, trailblazer, avalanche, tiburon or accent...

My Mustang GT was 320/mo now my SRT is right around 400/mo. I know some people paying 6-700 a month on car notes, there is no way in hell I'd do that.
  • [Deleted User]
  • rooster_cogburn
    edited April 2013

lol You ? ? me.

You got a nice car bro, hell my mom had a Grand Prix GT back when i was in high school and I swore i was gonna get a GXP one day. You sound like the dude with the Malibu SS tho, while they're nice cars they aren't powerful at all stock and with bolt ons.

If you comparing your SRT(still a heavy ass whip), than yea, you got it. yours got more stock than me, pcm tuned for straight line take offs, and you bussin RWD. No doubt, but you telling me 280+hp (dont know nobody with a dyno, but CAI is 7+, HV3 is 10-15+ WITH a pcm tune) for my GP made in 2004, aint power? Granted, torque steer comes into play,but that is minimized with my fronts rolling 250's.

Great thing about a message board tho....we can agree to disagree.
  • wilberdmillz

lol You ? ? me.

If you comparing your SRT(still a heavy ass whip), than yea, you got it. yours got more stock than me, pcm tuned for straight line take offs, and you bussin RWD. No doubt, but you telling me 280+hp (dont know nobody with a dyno, but CAI is 7+, HV3 is 10-15+ WITH a pcm tune) for my GP made in 2004, aint power? Granted, torque steer comes into play,but that is minimized with my fronts rolling 250's.

Great thing about a message board tho....we can agree to disagree.

Don't know what to tell you, I thought my Mustang GT was fast too. Hell this SRT is ok for a stock car, there will come a time when you look back and laugh because you thought your past cars were fast, I do it to this day and will probably do it when I get my next car. But after this is payed off I don't plan on getting a car note unless I can afford a GT-R and I don't see their prices dropping to much, Just means I gotta upgrade my money lol.