2»

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will cop when Soul Calibur or FIFA comes out
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Bought a Wii for $500 when they first came out...

Only play that ? for Brawl and Mario Kart

Can we chalk this up to a lawse?

I believe so
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will cop when Soul Calibur or FIFA comes out

Next gen FIFA is already in the works

you brought that to yourself...smh
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definately is a lauce if it wasn't a bundled
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First day cop.

Wtf is $600?

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    First day cop.

Wtf is $600?

You gotta understand.

When Sony was on top, they were at a affordable price and the system was easier to code for.

The PS3 came out it was hard to code for, no games at launch and cost a lot, man.

Just because you can afford it doesn't mean everyone else can.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

hold up how you end up paying 500 for a wii when it first dropped? that ? was like 250 lol
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cracking up at this ? . PS3 was expensive as ? (second controller and a game added to the price makes it even worse). But now with a new and more powerful system they are going to have a "reasonable price"..................?

If I was a PS3 owner I would feel ripped off right about now SMH
    I've already decided I'mma wait for the "slim" version before I get anything...the upgrade from regular PS3 to the slim was really nice, woulda been ? if I had copped the initial PS3 and then they dropped the slim.

Patience seems to always work out when it comes to console drops.
    people look like they're finally peeping game lol. These systems for some strange reason seem to drop and for a whole year no major games really drop. Then when they start releasing ? people actually want to buy/upgrades/fixes to the system the price drops.

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peagle05 wrote: »

hold up how you end up paying 500 for a wii when it first dropped? that ? was like 250 lol

When they first came out, they sold like ? in the 80's, so the only way you could get them before they sold out in stores was online.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peagle05 wrote: »

When they first came out, they sold like ? in the 80's, so the only way you could get them before they sold out in stores was online.

smh, you got played by re-sellers.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    I'm an early adopter because I understand that market share drives everything in the video game business. Yea, at launch you don't have a bunch of games, but if developers dont see strong hardware sales, they won't develop the games. Its a chicken and egg situation. So, I say, if you really a fan of gaming and you got the bread...it really doesnt matter if you cop now or later.

Plus, their should be games at launch this time (Destiny, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, Forza, Killzone, etc). And.. they really dont be dropping the price of consoles like that anymore. New consoles have been announced and you still got 360's and PS3's going for $300+. Thats unheard of. Is that $100 you might save really worth waiting 2 years?
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited April 2013
    focus wrote: »
    I'm an early adopter because I understand that market share drives everything in the video game business. Yea, at launch you don't have a bunch of games, but if developers dont see strong hardware sales, they won't develop the games. Its a chicken and egg situation. So, I say, if you really a fan of gaming and you got the bread...it really doesnt matter if you cop now or later.

Plus, their should be games at launch this time (Destiny, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, Forza, etc). And.. they really dont be dropping the price of consoles like that anymore. New consoles have been announced and you still got 360's and PS3's going for $300+. Thats unheard of. Is that $100 you might save really worth waiting 2 years?
    You see that's the thing, we don't know what they are gonna pull. That's basically what I was saying in a nutshell. Also I'm talking about the prices like the 1st year or two they were out compared to later on. They also don't really give us accurate info on their systems that they should know everything about SMH. Like something as simple as telling us how much space games, add-ons, and downloads are gonna take up. Then they turn around and present to us different systems with set amounts of space on them. Why would you spend that extra $100(or more) for more memory you may not need? That ? could go in your gas tank(I live in cali lol) or your phone bill etc etc.

Perfect example is what somebody said in here already, the I phone screw job lol. ? spent all that money and stood in line for hours. ? had all kind of problems and like a few months later a better version came out and was half the price SMH. But like you said, if you one of them cats who don't care about saving money then it's not a problem. But if you're like most people in the world you trying to save whenever you can.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now most of the launch games gonna be games thats also on PS3/360
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited April 2013
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    right now most of the launch games gonna be games thats also on PS3/360
    I was just about to say this lol, glad to see I'm not the only one who's noticing this. ? was talking about/trolling nintendo doing this like it was something new. I guess they forgot 360 and PS3 did this ? too. These ? are all just waiting for each other to show their hands, wii U is guilty of this too. They obviously haven't even released games that fully uses the wii U's power yet. I called this awhile back that they will finally release real Wii U games when the other systems drop. Talking bout we don't care about the others new systems releases(yeah right).

? like this only hurts us gamers in the long run. If nintendo would have dropped some of their big guns I'm sure sony and microsoft would have answered them swiftly. Then us gamers would be happy as ? (like in the past) lol. Console wars generate more interest and makes them all step their games up(pun intended) with price cuts included. There's really no Console wars anymore lol that's why the buzz is so low. Plus gaming tech hasn't really advanced as much past the point we're at now. All we're gonna see is a bunch more ? that has nothing to do with gaming mostly.

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus, their should be games at launch this time (Destiny, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, Forza, etc). And.. they really dont be dropping the price of consoles like that anymore. New consoles have been announced and you still got 360's and PS3's going for $300+. Thats unheard of. Is that $100 you might save really worth waiting 2 years?
    You see that's the thing, we don't know what they are gonna pull. That's basically what I was saying in a nutshell. Also I'm talking about the prices like the 1st year or two they were out compared to later on. They also don't really give us accurate info on their systems that they should know everything about SMH. Like something as simple as telling us how much space games, add-ons, and downloads are gonna take up. Then they turn around and present to us different systems with set amounts of space on them. Why would you spend that extra $100(or more) for more memory you may not need? That ? could go in your gas tank(I live in cali lol) or your phone bill etc etc.

Perfect example is what somebody said in here already, the I phone screw job lol. ? spent all that money and stood in line for hours. ? had all kind of problems and like a few months later a better version came out and was half the price SMH. But like you said, if you one of them cats who don't care about saving money then it's not a problem. But if you're like most people in the world you trying to save whenever you can.

Wait a year and a half or two for a $ 100 savings? Yea, that can pay a bill or buy gas, but I'd rather blow it on something I can use for a good number of years like a new gaming system. You know damn well black people ain't saving no money for a good use.
  • intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    ocelot wrote: »
    So that's myself
    @DNB1

Who else going to be in line screaming YOLO.

count me in I was at the ps2 launch but I missed the ps3 one Im reserving it first chance i get!

• PILL_COSBY
    edited April 2013
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Wait a year and a half or two for a $ 100 savings? Yea, that can pay a bill or buy gas, but I'd rather blow it on something I can use for a good number of years like a new gaming system. You know damn well black people ain't saving no money for a good use.
    I was also talking about the quality of the system too(peep my I phone reference). I remember hella people being mad when they dropped the new PS3 & 360 models with upgrades and fixes. They were stuck with with the big bulky rushed expensive versions with less memory and hardly no games to play. Hella people were also trading them in for the new "finished" models SMH. When those dropped that's when hella games and upgrades really started to come out too. They were like the beta versions or some ? lol. Like what's the point of having a new expensive system(and expensive extra ? ) with hardly no games and some problems for a whole year? Why not just wait till they fix ? up, drop a better version, drop more games people actually can't wait to play. Last but not least, drop the price to something reasonable? big bucks for a half finished product, less dollars for the finished product....................this is what's hot in da skreets right now?

Getting systems on launch aint what's up anymore(in my opinion).

In honor of sony's new systems "price to appeal to gamers in the broadest sense" after the over priced PS3. I'm just gonna leave this here with y'all
    SegaSaturn.jpg
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong ...... I will only cop at launch IF there are big games worth playing. If there aren't then no way.
    I didn't get a 360 until late 06 when Gears dropped and a PS3 a year after launch when Ninja Gaiden, Uncharted, COD4, F1, Heavenly Sword were out.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshuaboy wrote: »

The 60gb is the best ps3 that came out tho.

I was also talking about the quality of the system too(peep my I phone reference). I remember hella people being mad when they dropped the new PS3 & 360 models with upgrades and fixes. They were stuck with with the big bulky rushed expensive versions with less memory and hardly no games to play. Hella people were also trading them in for the new "finished" models SMH. When those dropped that's when hella games and upgrades really started to come out too. They were like the beta versions or some ? lol. Like what's the point of having a new expensive system(and expensive extra ? ) with hardly no games and some problems for a whole year? Why not just wait till they fix ? up, drop a better version, drop more games people actually can't wait to play. Last but not least, drop the price to something reasonable? big bucks for a half finished product, less dollars for the finished product....................this is what's hot in da skreets right now?

Getting systems on launch aint what's up anymore(in my opinion).

In honor of sony's new systems "price to appeal to gamers in the broadest sense" after the over priced PS3. I'm just gonna leave this here with y'all
    SegaSaturn.jpg