Peeples starring craig robinson and kerry washington

Options
2»

Comments

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? niggerdom lets throw i some fresh ideas mr perry...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bump

This thread is sad. Its a regular, mildly funny, watch w/ a date movie. The type of movie that u go to the movies and enjoy a lil matinee on a nice day, type movie white folk get rich off, make sequels, etc.

But Nah. Not nggas. Let us tell it its cooning, unoriginal, the actor's a sell out, etc.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it is unoriginal as ? tho...
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

from the trailer it looks like jumping the broom, but with more comedy.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

What is original though? How many original movies do we get now a days? Very few if any...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will bet my firstborn that a religious message ties into this movie somehow.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    judging from that trailer it looks like craig robinson has fallen victim to the Hollywood boule effeminize the black actor ritual. he wasn't in a dress but that wearing a tiara and rolling on the floor like a ? was enough for me poor craig. I don't think I want to see this either. i'll just look for a youtube clip of Kerry Washington in that school girl outfit or watch that boondocks tyler perry episode. the only time I ever laughed or paid any attention to a tyler perry movie was in why did I get married 2 I think it was when jill scotts husband kept crackin' all those cold blooded fat jokes on her.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wouldnt even bootleg this ?
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My moms went to see this she said it sucks and she lives tyler perry movies
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looks like hot garbage...................one of my ex's made me go to one of his movies along time ago, I think it was one of them madea joints i almost slapped that ? after the movie, his movie's worst than listening to the current rappers that are on the radio
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's meet the parents
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Aaliyah looking chick (Kali Hawk) was fine but other than that like people mentioned, it's Meet The Parents.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was stupid... ? singing bout ?
  • GameChanga
    GameChanga Members Posts: 167
    Options
    He didn't write OR direct the movie. But a lot of people are NOT going to see it simply because he plastered his name all over it. I totally understand it. I don't know too many straight men who like him or his movies.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GameChanga wrote: »
    He didn't write OR direct the movie. But a lot of people are NOT going to see it simply because he plastered his name all over it. I totally understand it. I don't know too many straight men who like him or his movies.

I noticed that in the last preview i saw for the movie.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GameChanga wrote: »

I noticed that in the last preview i saw for the movie.

yeah i noticed that also, the voice guy says tyler perry presents, then at the end says someone else directed it.

so what did he do to get his name on it?
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he produced it, I think.
  • GameChanga
    GameChanga Members Posts: 167
    Options
    He ruined a good opportunity for a new writer/director to get seen... It has great actors too... It's unfortunate, but TP made his fortune DESTROYING the images of Black men and women. I caught one of his movies today and it made the brothers seem evil/foul/buffoons and the women like mammies/thirsty as f@ck... Like all a woman's problems are the fault of a man and then she'll luck up on some magical superman to "marry" her and all will be well... The Boondocks described him best...
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all tyler perry does is remakes of movies that have already been made. I mean if you gone do a remake try to make it an official remake, otherwise come original.. I'm never paying to watch a movie made by this dude.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was ehh. saw it with my girl was going to see Great Gatsby but didn't have time. Few laughs but they were mostly a chuckle. mad I wasted my money on that ? . Honestly the best thing about it was the trailer to The Butler, Kerry self hating ass in that school outfit and her sister. The Butler looks like a great movie.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Whats a brotha gotta do"?

Smh *Face palm*