Rick Ross Rumor beat jack

Options
Rick_Vick
Rick_Vick Members Posts: 13
edited August 2010 in Fresh Produce
whats good folks, i just seen on the Rumor page something about possible beat jack....
i mean if not cool, whatever...

but i recently.............. had the same issue hearing a song by Rick Ross put out, Money Maker....
so i had... to see what folks think because this is coming up to much now...

i made a track called Money Makah like 2 years ago...
now heres all the good stuff...
a rep at BadBoy hit me.... about the track saying they ? with it and was possible thinking about using it on a future mixtape...
Bet...
just told them keep me posted...

Heres the track.. on my site under Music Production, titled: Money Makah... www.TheoRickVickJohnson.com

after a while went pass i figure nothing was being used so f it...
fast foward to last month...
im on WorldStar and i see Rick Ross has a song called Money Makah....
so im like ok.. i gotta peep it.

i check it out.... wow....

no the BEAT..... sounds nothing like mines.... drum pattern, other sounds used... all that..... BUT, one thing in the track sounds similar...
and its a chord... that is the MAIN sound in my beat.....

so ok i kno chords can be played by whomever.... whenever... but this chord sounds... exactly...................... like mines with the same sounds.... then we have on top that... my beats titled the SAME exact thing... then we have on top of that.... Rick Ross is NOW... being managed by BadBoy.... who showed interested in my beat years back...

all in all just wanted to see what folks think cause we keep hearing about this issue over and over now....
not taking nuffin from Ross or BB or whoever made the beat
i still ? with Rick Ross music and will continue to do so.... would love to work with the dude.... and i still ? with Badboys entire......... moment...

heres the joints.

my beat (under Music Production) titled: Money Makah - www.TheoRickVickJohnson.com

Rick Ross joint... http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh6ybHSErmIm0gN109

all u gotta hear is the opening sound.... the rest of the beat nothing alike

Comments

• Yaka
    Yaka Members Posts: 306
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hell yea i see what you talking bout what you gonna do about them taking that chord from you?
  • Rick_Vick
    edited July 2010
    Options
    shid bruh... sad aint it but really nuffin can be done cause it was a chord (even tho clearly it sounds like it was chopped off my track and used...
    i ran it all pass a established producer and he pretty much told me yeah...chuck it up... cause u cant copyright a chord.... even if they might have cut it off ur track, all they have to say is naw... we played that
  • jonb348
    jonb348 Members Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thats ? up i actually had a similiar situation happen recently too with an artist i had so much respect for too...

i sent it to a chic that was sellin my beats. she sends it to them. never hears back. then a month later he drops a track that is super similiar to my joint

its like they didnt steal it. they just completely jacked the idea/mood/vibe and switched up the name. ? was too similiar to be a coincidence but she told me to chill and that im crazy lol. maybe it didnt happen but who knows
  • Rick_Vick
    edited July 2010
    Options
    feel u man..... that shids like man... when ur a producer...u know ur shid.... u know ur beats, shids like ur kids...lol.
    so soon........as it came on im like yo... they cut that off my beat...

i mean cool, they like it that much to do so, but at least give me props...contact me bout it...or something, im like any other up and coming... tryna make shid happen....

my beat was outdated but damn....
    if u still liked the vibe and a portion of the beat and wanted to use it or flip it.... hit me up, im cool with that... so i can at least kno and others know..... i had a part of the shid. feel me

shid might have lead to other opps...
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You might have been beat jacked, but it could also be explained another way....

You used a relatively common synth on that beat, and a lot of sounds that are used in a lot of mainstream productions. So yes it's a pretty similar sound, but it's not like it would be a huge reach if it was a simple case of pure coincidence. Either way, you might need to get at an entertainment lawyer and see if you have a case. I think the evidence you do have is pretty circumstantial but maybe you could get some lost royalties if they did in fact beat jack it.

Bwahahaha @ you trusting Bad Boy with ANYTHING......bwahahaha.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    judging by my own personal experience, I'd say they got ya', dawg; they could'a at least changed the ? name - sheesh; but yeah, them ? was like, "this is kinda dope - aye, boi1da - make one like this, ? that other ? , yo....."; it sounds like his re-interpretation of your idea
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited July 2010
    Options
    damn folk, they got you mane
  • Rick_Vick
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    You might have been beat jacked, but it could also be explained another way....

You used a relatively common synth on that beat, and a lot of sounds that are used in a lot of mainstream productions. So yes it's a pretty similar sound, but it's not like it would be a huge reach if it was a simple case of pure coincidence. Either way, you might need to get at an entertainment lawyer and see if you have a case. I think the evidence you do have is pretty circumstantial but maybe you could get some lost royalties if they did in fact beat jack it.

Bwahahaha @ you trusting Bad Boy with ANYTHING......bwahahaha.

lls... right... i dont even want to mention the name of the person who i was in contact with..

yeah i ran it pass a ent. lawyer like 1-2 weeks before i posted this.... dude was on some BS.... he was yeah i think u have a case... this and that...but......... the dude didnt even listen to the tracks...lol wtf.
    im like yeah i have the emails...this and that... do u wanna hear the tracks so u can judge also... (he reply) not yet... We can get to that once the initiation fee is paid...
    o....k..... later.

but i hit a pretty known producer up about it all and he said the same thing.... its a pretty common used chord so they would basically use that to fight it

@Kang..
    right man... f-ed up...
    the person liked it enuff to put and keep it on file...
    then handed it to another producer...says i like this sound..get that...
    chop....
    and flip.... and keep the name... lol
    like wtf

i mean damn i know mines was dated... (being 2-3 years old) but shid, if u like it/that sound so much u could have easy hit me up letting me kno what u want...and fitting to do.