Pain & Gain

Options
S.jR.
S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
pain-and-gain-knucke-dragger-magazine.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY2CgE4achk

A friend went to a sneak peek, he said he had very limited expectations for it going in and ended up giving it a 10/10. Anyone else gonna watch this? Or already did?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna pass on this one.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    from the previews it looks cheesy as ? ... not sure about it
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll give it a watch when it hits the net....just b/c it's based on a true story
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock dwarfs Marky Mark
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have this feeling it could be like the first Bad Boys just a different angle from the so called "bad guys perspective".
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna pass but it got a lot of good reviews....I'll check it out the weekend
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this gonna be good
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    given that its a michael bay movie, i'm gonna say about 4 explosions will occur out of nowhere
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Real ? , I walked out on this today.

Wackest crime movie I've seen so far. At times I thought it was suppose to be funny, but nothing made me laugh. Then I thought it was suppose to be drama, but they kept doing dumb ? I couldn't take seriously. I sat in the theater and actually had enough time to realize that I had other ? I could be doing. Acting was solid, but I just lost interest in the story bout halfway through. I'd say the Rock was the most stand out of the movie, but everything else was forgettable.

Wasn't impressed, wasn't entertained, didn't enjoy. The Raising Cane's combo I got once I left out was more exciting.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw it today it was funny to me mark wahlberg doing his thing I cant wait for 2 guns to come out with him and denzel
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it. A lil long so it dragged near the end but solid movie. Rock killed it.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

Wackest crime movie I've seen so far. At times I thought it was suppose to be funny, but nothing made me laugh. Then I thought it was suppose to be drama, but they kept doing dumb ? I couldn't take seriously. I sat in the theater and actually had enough time to realize that I had other ? I could be doing. Acting was solid, but I just lost interest in the story bout halfway through. I'd say the Rock was the most stand out of the movie, but everything else was forgettable.

Wasn't impressed, wasn't entertained, didn't enjoy. The Raising Cane's combo I got once I left out was more exciting.

I was thinking the same, but from the trailer. I seen the trailer and thought it was a comedy, then seen it was based on some true story, but I wasn't seeing much of a plot or seriousness in the trailer. reviews have been kinda negative too.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I fell asleep on it
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ChicagoBears
    ChicagoBears Members Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doo doo grits b
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I have this feeling it could be like the first Bad Boys just a different angle from the so called "bad guys perspective".

so far from the truth.....

most people didn't even realize this was a true story AND from the previews it was an all comedy type movie with some violence. but it was mostly violence with a bit of comedy. the last 40 mins was nothing but killing.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

I was thinking the same, but from the trailer. I seen the trailer and thought it was a comedy, then seen it was based on some true story, but I wasn't seeing much of a plot or seriousness in the trailer. reviews have been kinda negative too.

you can't sell a movie through a preview saying it was a true story of
    3 dumb bodybuilders who fail at kidnapping a rich man and accidentally killing 2 other people for no reason..... they sold this movie off the comedy IN the true story.

the movie was ok for me, it did drag too long, the last 45 mins could of been the meat of the movie.

it is something i have noticed in movies the last 2-3 years, movies are alot longer that they use to be. almost most movies go 2 hours now.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah movies are a lot longer. I don't mind it when it's great movies like Tarantion's or Nolan's, but some are honestly way too long. Usually comedies that are over 2 hours end up falling off for that last 20-25% of the movie.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehhhhh definitely not worth paying to see
  • TheBossman
    edited May 2013
    Options
    the documentary is better than the movie if you just want to know about the true story.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSubCyUof0A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVoIhxjDwhQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_3NjlNqQac

the dude who played the rock's character (for the most part) snitched on the other two and only got 15 year, which he only did 7. for all that ? he got off easy.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was decent...not great but good....it was cool seeing the rock playing a diff type character...but for me the preview for 2 guns stole the show
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man it was funny as ? when Marky Mark was all screaming and then it goes over to The Rock and he sitting on the pool chair like "you get the combination?"
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First movie I ever walked out on.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Man it was funny as ? when Marky Mark was all screaming and then it goes over to The Rock and he sitting on the pool chair like "you get the combination?"

That and the part when the rock was grillin the hands in the front while wavin to the neighbors and mark drove up like "what the ? are you doing?"

This movie was better than I thought it would be judging from what ppl said
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very random things in this movie...little better than I though....too long in my opinion also. The Rock isn't too shabby as an actor. I liked when he was grilling the hands outside the building and it like "no, you have to grill these outside...there was too much smoke inside" lol