M$ XBOX Reveal - "A Real Taste Of The Future" #pause

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ people really thinking the XB1 will be great because it has voice recognition and motion controls. Really? Thinking those will be deciding factors in what makes the best gaming console is like thinking Red Lobster is the best seafood restaurant ever because you really like the biscuits.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't always agree with his points, but this ? is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKm94T0jfzQ
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH .......... you can tell the nerd kingdom done rose up when members of ALLHIPHOP started co-signing vids from members of marriedtomysister.org
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ go to a vacant parking lot and find the invisible ? I give
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok so if I got an Xbox One, I could make numerous profiles on my system, register my games under each one, and then sell it to people I know at a discounted price? Or, me and my ? could all register profiles to the original system, kind of like a home spot, n then just share the games across systems with the profiles. Like have 6 profiles on one system, link the game to all profiles, then disperse the profiles. Every game we buy be linked to the 6 profiles. Technically 6 people could put $10 together n buy n share one game if all the profiles are registered on that home console?
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

a young steve jobs resurrected wit a beard and on molly.... This dude should have done the xbox one reveal, d dinos they had on stage couldnt sell shencos album to shenco
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Ok so if I got an Xbox One, I could make numerous profiles on my system, register my games under each one, and then sell it to people I know at a discounted price? Or, me and my ? could all register profiles to the original system, kind of like a home spot, n then just share the games across systems with the profiles. Like have 6 profiles on one system, link the game to all profiles, then disperse the profiles. Every game we buy be linked to the 6 profiles. Technically 6 people could put $10 together n buy n share one game if all the profiles are registered on that home console?

Man ... delete this!! You gonna ruin it for all of us
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft to invest a billion on games.

http://youtu.be/65lLCOFNCLI
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much they invest in HDDVD?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft Investing $1 Billion in Next-Gen Games
    “People are way, way under-indexing how hard we're punching."
    by Andrew Goldfarb MAY 29, 2013

Microsoft has revealed that it will invest $1 billion toward games for Xbox One. Speaking to OXM, Don Mattrick (president of Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment Business) and Phil Spencer (Microsoft Studios corporate vice president) explained that despite mixed reactions to last week’s Xbox One announcement, the company is focused on games looking forward.

“We want to be about serious fun,” Mattrick said. “Things that people are really passionate about. Things that they love. Things that they can't wait to get home to experience and to use. That's what the Xbox brings about. So, we're in the serious fun side of the house. You can call us the, you know, five to nine section if you want."

Mattrick emphasized that core games are “always important,” adding “we just ran through our script and counted the number of exclusives, and looked at the amount of money that we're spending and the deals that we have, exclusive windows and [things to create differentiation]. I think, candidly, people are way, way under-indexing how hard we're punching."

During the reveal of Xbox One, Microsoft promised fifteen exclusive Xbox One games in the console’s first year, and Mattrick is anticipating positive reactions once they’re revealed.

“We're going to come out with detail on things and people are going to go, 'oh my ? ,’” he said. “Like, 'they were focused, they made this a core goal, core activity.’ There are great hits, there's innovation, and there are world class creators plugged in. You know, I keep track of it all, and I hope everyone here does - we kind of look back at all the different years and at what we shipped, how many units have sold. There's a lot of hyperbole about things, but I think we're going to deliver."

According to Spencer, these games will tie in with Microsoft’s new online services and entertainment initiatives to create next-gen experiences.

“When you look at all forms of content, across all devices, games always pop right to the top of the app stores that are out there - they're a form of content everybody loves,” Spencer said. “If I want to play a game for two minutes, or I want to play a game for two hours, or I want to play a game with twenty other people, all of those opportunities are available on the platform we're putting forward. I see our creators really taking that opportunity to think about their games in a more granular way.”

Following the Xbox Reveal last week, Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Business chief of staff Aaron Greenberg Tweeted that “E3 is all about the games” for Microsoft, and has since added “we care a lot and will get it right.”

Microsoft’s E3 2013 press conference will take place on Monday, June 10th at 9:30 a.m. Pacific.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/microsoft-investing-1-billion-in-next-gen-games
  • focus
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Quantum Break Box Art Revealed
    So is that bullet time or time travel? Bullet time travel! Is that a thing?!
    by Luke Karmali MAY 30, 2013

Microsoft has unveiled the box art for its upcoming Xbox One game Quantum Break.

A post on the game's Facebook page made the reveal, which you can check out below.

969771_658498474165972_1433035986_n.jpg

Not much is known about the game from Max Payne creators Remedy Entertainment, other than the fact that it will blend live-action videos with regular gameplay. Additionally, a television series based on the title is also in production, and Remedy has stated that "how you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game."

Must be a launch title if they already have boxart.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Quantum Break Box Art Revealed
    So is that bullet time or time travel? Bullet time travel! Is that a thing?!
    by Luke Karmali MAY 30, 2013

Microsoft has unveiled the box art for its upcoming Xbox One game Quantum Break.

A post on the game's Facebook page made the reveal, which you can check out below.

969771_658498474165972_1433035986_n.jpg

Not much is known about the game from Max Payne creators Remedy Entertainment, other than the fact that it will blend live-action videos with regular gameplay. Additionally, a television series based on the title is also in production, and Remedy has stated that "how you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game."

Must be a launch title if they already have boxart.
    They said that at the reveal. They will most likely have the in-game footage at E3.
  • focus
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They said that at the reveal. They will most likely have the in-game footage at E3.

Word. Guess I missed that. That's wassup. These new consoles will have the best launches ever. Its like, easily 5 or 6 games to pick up on day one...probably more.

I'm thinking Quantum Break's live action sequences will be produced by Microsoft's new in house television studio.
    In Quantum Break, our desperate hero fights a highly personal battle to save the future before time literally runs out. As time breaks down, impossible, split second moments of destruction turn into epic stages of time powered action. The actions you take, and the choices you make, shape your experience as the narrative unfolds. As you play, a personalized ‘director’s cut’ of the show is created just for you, based on the decisions you make during the game. Quantum Break will lead the new generation of interactive entertainment, as the show and game deliver a holistic entertainment experience made possible only on Xbox One.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/05/23/new-details-and-screenshots-of-quantum-break-remedys-xbox-one-exclusive/

Sounds dope.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Gonna turn out to be a very expensive year for me ....... 8-|

Just got the S4 ....... then PS4, XB1 and maybe the Wii U later ....... plus games. Good thing I just got a job.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? is a videogame tv show hybrid? That just killed the buzz for Quantum break which was the only interesting thing about the console. ? must be some casual Kinect garbage like Ryse. Why can't they just let the company do their thing instead of forcing them to make use of Kinect to push their ? all in one idea?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Just got the S4 ....... then PS4, XB1 and maybe the Wii U later ....... plus games. Good thing I just got a job.
    Damn you just got a job bruh?
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Yep ........ was unemployed all last year until March this year. By choice though
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

Yep ........ was unemployed all last year until March this year. By choice though

are you gonna be one of those naggas braiding mens hair at the beach nh and trying to get white people to rent ? scuba gear lol
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    Options

are you gonna be one of those naggas braiding mens hair at the beach nh and trying to get white people to rent ? scuba gear lol

lol lol ....... nah, not that desperate. Wasn't looking for work. Decided to take a year off and just kick back.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol lol ....... nah, not that desperate. Wasn't looking for work. Decided to take a year off and just kick back.

Ya money long like that nh? Where were you working before your new job, ? , I'm tryna take year(s) off too lol.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at deciding to take a year off
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Ya money long like that nh? Where were you working before your new job, ? , I'm tryna take year(s) off too lol.

For a Law Firm. Worked there since I left High School. Labour Laws here are like this: if you get laid off for no fault of your own or the Employer is found to have laid you off unfairly, you are entitled to compensation (severance pay) which is one month's pay for each year worked. As well as any outstanding vacation pay owed. Hadn't taken an official vacation in a long time so I had to be paid three weeks pay for each year I didn't get vacation. As well as three months outstanding pay.

Plus I have two side businesses where I import cars and parts from Japan and workout supplements, so that kept me good.

And exactly a year later I found a job ........... actually it found me
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol at deciding to take a year off

Needed a break ..... no vaca in 12 years