Is Doc Rivers overrated?

Options

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I bet Larry Brown would have got them ? to at least the second round with the same teams Doc had his first 8 years.

You acting like 8 years ain't a long time.

Now resorting to "I bet"s .... and other hypothesis and guesses...

Im arguing logically with facts, statistics and history.

This debate is done.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    coop9889 wrote: »
    I bet Larry Brown would have got them ? to at least the second round with the same teams Doc had his first 8 years.

Now resorting to "I bet"s .... and other hypothesis and guesses...

Im arguing logically with facts, statistics and history.

This debate is done.

I just dropped the facts. Dude is average nothing more nothing less

1 ring with the big 3

• coop9889
    Options
    No
    Yet you say Thibs is better, and he hasnt even made the finals

And he had an MVP and the leagues best defense almost every year
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Yes

Let me see

Thibs been there 3 years

1st year - leagues best record and top notch defense lost in the conference finals

2nd year - number 1 seed in the East top notch defense. Rose tears ACL first round.

3rd year - Gets to the playoffs without his best player. Top notch defense and up 2-1 I'm the Nets

He got these ? balling with Nate as their best scorer. That team is not great but his coaching got them balling with Rose out.

His defensive schemes is top notch.

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

you the only ? who mentioned D'antoni, from the original post, you cant dispute my facts kid.

Are you that dense? Why you asking me to answer another ? question. Ask that ? , fool.

All i know is i disputed your original post about coaches with 3 hof before they got together on the same team. The answer is d'antoni.

Dispute that

you not pose to answer a queston with a question, so ill ignore it lol
  • coop9889
    Options
    No

Let me see

Thibs been there 3 years

1st year - leagues best record and top notch defense lost in the conference finals

2nd year - number 1 seed in the East top notch defense. Rose tears ACL first round.

3rd year - Gets to the playoffs without his best player. Top notch defense and up 2-1 I'm the Nets

He got these ? balling with Nate as their best scorer. That team is not great but his coaching got them balling with Rose out.

His defensive schemes is top notch.

Yet to quote you "He aint done ? " cuz he aint WON ? .

Only going off YOUR ? logic.

Dont be hypocritical
  • coop9889
    Options
    No
    DaBull wrote: »

you the only ? who mentioned D'antoni, from the original post, you cant dispute my facts kid.

Are you that dense? Why you asking me to answer another ? question. Ask that ? , fool.

All i know is i disputed your original post about coaches with 3 hof before they got together on the same team. The answer is d'antoni.

Dispute that

You slow and clearly cant say nothing bout the d'antoni statement cuz it proves you wrong.

Stop wasting my time, move on
  • DaBull
    Options

Dispute that

You slow and clearly cant say nothing bout the d'antoni statement cuz it proves you wrong.

D'antoni hall of famers played a combined 9 games together all year, so it made no sense to entertain. if not healthy, no team can win u corny lame
  • coop9889
    Options
    No

Dispute that

D'antoni hall of famers played a combined 9 games together all year, so it made no sense to entertain. if not healthy, no team can win u corny lame

? your stipulations. Three outta the four played way more than 9 games together, and you were ? and moaning about other coaches with 3 HoF players. So my statement still ? on your incredibly ridiculous theory.

• DaBull
    edited April 2013
    Options
    fact is NO coach has had 3 HOF and not won a ring, the fact that you have to include D'antoni proves my point was valid, there been hundreds of coaches in nba history, and your rebuttal is from 2013 LOL.

u mad like every1 else that i destroy with facts
  • coop9889
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No
    fact is NO coach has had 3 HOF and not won a ring, the fact that you have to include D'antoni proves my point was valid, there been hundreds of coaches in nba history, and your rebuttal is from 2013 LOL.

u mad like every1 else that i destroy with facts

Because its the first that comes to mind because its the most recent you ? .

And since that ALREADY disproved your theory, there is no need to rack my memory tryna figure out more ways to son you.

You're wrong. Live with it.
  • DaBull
    Options
    DAntoni only had 1 year. Doc won 1 in 5. nice job lookin stupid again
  • coop9889
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No
    Nice job ignoring the fact I disproved your theory again, and changing the subject.
    DAntoni only had 1 year. Doc won 1 in 5. nice job lookin stupid again

First off, Doc won HIS FIRST YEAR with the 3 hall of famers.

Secondly,

you never mentioned how long they had the players, yet you tryna to add that now.

Lol @ you steadily increasing your flawed criteria after continually being sonned.

First it was "no coach ever had 3 HOF and didnt win"

Then it was "No coach had 3 HOF that were HOF before they came to the team and didnt win"

Now its "No coach had 3 HOF that were HOF before they came to the team AND played more than a year together and didnt win"

LMAO

You making yourself look dumber with each post that I continue to refute. Give it a rest you dont have the intelligence to debate with me you speck of a ? .
  • DaBull
    Options
    that was too much to read, didn't mean to get that much of yo attention
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

dawg we had guys like Ryan Gomes, Brian Scalebrine, Telfair, nd Brandon Hunter gettin rotation minutes those teams lacked talent. before da Ray Allen nd KG trade Danny Ainge was one of da WOAT GM's plus Chris Wallace made ? decisions in da front office too. Doc is a good coach slightly overrated but u actin like he's a product of da big 3 which is ridiculous

he absolutely is
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda overrated

this made me think about mike brown and how he gets no love but pretty much has the same success Thibs has as a head coach not to mention at this point he is the only coach other than phil jackson with more than 5 years experience to make the playoffs every year he was head coach
  • rap mysterio
    rap mysterio Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Options
    No
    Pops, g Karl, Thibodeau, doc rivers and spoelstra, present day
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No
    Hell no...

He's perhaps the most unluckiest coach ever... He LITERALLY has had a big injury every year since winning a title....

2008 - Won title
    2009 - loss KG
    2010 - Loss perkins in game 7 of finals (though I will not use this as a BIG excuse, it happened)
    2011 - Rondo dislocated his Arm
    2012 - Loss Jeff Green ... also, Lost to the heat in 7 games, but honestly should have closed it out at home.... the celtics did not come to play at home in game 6... I put that on his veteran players, not him...
    2013 - lost Rondo and Ray Allen (Allen not an injury, but situation was mismanaged by GM)

Literally every year, injuries injuries injuries.... If it wasn't for injuries, Doc would have 2 rings right now AT LEAST, and going on a 3rd or 4th this year...
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    R.D. wrote: »

dawg we had guys like Ryan Gomes, Brian Scalebrine, Telfair, nd Brandon Hunter gettin rotation minutes those teams lacked talent. before da Ray Allen nd KG trade Danny Ainge was one of da WOAT GM's plus Chris Wallace made ? decisions in da front office too. Doc is a good coach slightly overrated but u actin like he's a product of da big 3 which is ridiculous

he absolutely is

Who's better... Big 3 or:

Jordan / pippen / rodman (or grant)?
    Kobe / Shaq?
    Kareem / Magic / Worthy?
    Robinson / Duncan / Elliot... Or Duncan / Parker / Ginobli?

The only one debatable is duncan / parker / ginobli... All other multi win / championship coaches had players BETTER than the big 3... So that would pretty much make every coach in history overrated.....

Were you born an idiot or did it take years of hard work?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Yes
    Another first round exit.

So yall just gon ignore that
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

You trolling now. This team is missing Rondo and Sullinger, Pierce Garnett and Terry are old. Nobody thinks this team could win
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Yes

You trolling now. This team is missing Rondo and Sullinger, Pierce Garnett and Terry are old. Nobody thinks this team could win

But what about all them other 1st round exits and missed playoffs chances.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah he's a great coach.

He is funny/annoying how he talks tho. Like ngga why are talking about your team with so much confidence...this aint 2009

Him and that team are stubbron to the point its annoying.
  • coop9889
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No
    ? trolling like ?

First time in a while ive agreed with woah this ? right here is etherous pretty sure dude cant respond adequately
    woah316 wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

he absolutely is

Who's better... Big 3 or:

Jordan / pippen / rodman (or grant)?
    Kobe / Shaq?
    Kareem / Magic / Worthy?
    Robinson / Duncan / Elliot... Or Duncan / Parker / Ginobli?

The only one debatable is duncan / parker / ginobli... All other multi win / championship coaches had players BETTER than the big 3... So that would pretty much make every coach in history overrated.....

Were you born an idiot or did it take years of hard work?