how can us blacks stay at the top?

Options

Comments

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @ice_cold

Folk I don't think we can steal anything from anyone...again it goes back to how we see a dollar and our future..we have a "right now" mind-set...White folks and I tip my hat off and other races...plant their seeds and they wait until those seeds have blossom into plants (money making ventures).they may get to enjoy their harvest for maybe a short moment, but their kids and kids kids rep the benefit from those seeds they planted...our ? want things to happen overnight lol..and that's not how the game goes 97 percent of the time.....we can steal all we want but the 1st race that's different from ours throws out a price for what we have stolen...we'd be so quick to give it up...I don't know too much history about Africa and whatnot..but I may be wrong...and this is my opinion prolly sounding ignant..but in my heart I think we "gave" Africa away...we prolly the head King or whoever may have been given a price for in return of the land that he/she owned..and that king or queen relocated or whatnot after selling his or her land..I mean i aint sayin I'm right about this, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

We should and can make a comeback, but the foundation and the wheel has to be built all over...starting from teachin our kids..I don't know how old you are but I'm in my twenties..and I'll say this..it's too late for my generation to try and make any type of comeback..most of our mind-set and how my generation look at things are so off..it's sad in sense..but we can catch the ones coming behind us..IDK...
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get your mind, body and health right then the rest will fall in place.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ice_cold

Folk I don't think we can steal anything from anyone...again it goes back to how we see a dollar...we can steal all we want but the 1st race that's different from ours throws out a price for what we have stolen...we'd be so quick to give it up...I don't know too much history about Africa and whatnot..but I may be wrong...and this is my opinion prolly sounding ignant..but in my heart I think we "gave" Africa away...we prolly the head King or whoever may have been given a price for in return of the land that he/she owned..and that king or queen relocated or whatnot..I mean i aint sayin I'm right, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

We should and can make a comeback, but the foundation and the wheel has to be built all over...starting from teachin our kids..I don't know how old you are but I'm in my twenties..and I'll say this..it's too late for my generation to try and make any type of comeback..most of our mind-set and how my generation look at things are so off..it's sad in sense..but we can catch the ones coming behind us..IDK...

You need to read some books, it was a bit more deeper than that, but you probably already know. We taught a lot of different cultures and it came back to haunt us. It's like the Master getting betrayed by his students and his children were too young taken away and seperated from their legacy.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    @ice_cold

Folk I don't think we can steal anything from anyone...again it goes back to how we see a dollar...we can steal all we want but the 1st race that's different from ours throws out a price for what we have stolen...we'd be so quick to give it up...I don't know too much history about Africa and whatnot..but I may be wrong...and this is my opinion prolly sounding ignant..but in my heart I think we "gave" Africa away...we prolly the head King or whoever may have been given a price for in return of the land that he/she owned..and that king or queen relocated or whatnot..I mean i aint sayin I'm right, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

You need to read some books, it was a bit more deeper than that, but you probably already know. We taught a lot of different cultures and it came back to haunt us. It's like the Master getting betrayed by his students and his children were too young taken away and seperated from their legacy.

I feel you..I don't know too much of our history too stand on my thoughts...but that sounds right on the Master being betrayed..

• Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "STAY" on top?

We first hafta GET on top.

We're still on top. We just need to realize/remember it again.
    Thinking like this probably, isnt gunna get u no where either
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Prime example "Hip Hop"...look from where it started and "how" it was started to who having control now...

mayne I remember my Uncle would always tell me when I was a kid..Don't be surprise to see the "black man or woman" standing next to the dinosaur..and I never understood as a kid what he meant lol..now that I'm older..I kind of understand..
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ice_cold

Folk I don't think we can steal anything from anyone...again it goes back to how we see a dollar and our future..we have a "right now" mind-set...White folks and I tip my hat off and other races...plant their seeds and they wait until those seeds have blossom until plants (money making ventures).they may get to enjoy their harvest for maybe a short moment, but their kids and kids kids rep the benefit from those seeds they planted...our ? want things to happen overnight lol..and that's not how the game goes 97 percent of the time.....we can steal all we want but the 1st race that's different from ours throws out a price for what we have stolen...we'd be so quick to give it up...I don't know too much history about Africa and whatnot..but I may be wrong...and this is my opinion prolly sounding ignant..but in my heart I think we "gave" Africa away...we prolly the head King or whoever may have been given a price for in return of the land that he/she owned..and that king or queen relocated or whatnot after selling his or her land..I mean i aint sayin I'm right about this, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case

that's a start
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The amazing thing about history is that empires fall and go into ruin and people rise back up. Now with all this technology will it take for it all to fall into ruin or something or will be something unpredecent that we as a species couldn't anticipate and come back to bite them in the butt. I don't know, but it seems something is looming in the shadows awaiting to come out.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    Asian man may own a liquor store and Black dude may own a lawncare or barbershop or whatever. They both entrepreneurs doing. They aint gon waste too much time with somebody who does nothing but whine about how they cant do anything. Regardless if they the same "race". Bottom line people with sense aint trippin bout none of that.

do you think if they were taught what to do would they try to achieve?
  • Knock_Twice
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It is...but they need teachers..who will they be...rappers?

I tell you this here...I asked this kid he was about 7 years old...what he wanted to be when he get my age..and the dude said a rapper...he may have said a basketball player I can't remember but it was one of the two..and I was like why not be a scientist or a airport director...I kid you not..lil dude said nga please...lol..so I was like what's wrong with that..and he walked off like I ? him off lol..smh...teach our kids what??
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options
    The amazing thing about history is that empires fall and go into ruin and people rise back up. Now with all this technology will it take for it all to fall into ruin or something or will be something unpredecent that we as a species couldn't anticipate and come back to bite them in the butt. I don't know, but it seems something is looming in the shadows awaiting to come out.

maybe, that wouldn't be us blacks fault though, we should only defend ourselves or fall victim.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I tell you this here...I asked this kid he was about 7 years old...what he wanted to be when he get my age..and the dude said a rapper...he may have said a basketball player..and I was like why not be a scientist or a airport director...I kid you not..lil dude said nga please...lol..so I was like what's wrong with that..and he walked off like I ? him off lol..smh...teach our kids what??

The parents have to teach their kids. If we quit allowing everything and anything in our culture that is destructive than we would be better off. How many people waste their lives trying to be a rapper, but how many rappers are important and made a lasting legacy? I can only think of a few and how many have went into the limelight to only be forgotten in the long run and how many have wasted their lives to being a rapper?

A scientist is always more important, Imhotep the father of it all is still revered until this DAY and he lived about 4500 years, now tell me a musician that has that monumental power?
  • Knock_Twice
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @ice_cold..

If we as a race relocate to Mars..just black folks..Every black folk goes to Mars to start a new life

How long do you think before the race becomes divided and ? is in chaos???
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    Like they say, it always starts at home. People need to stop with all this multiple family ? and if not then all children need to be educated by parents and family properly on life situations.

With that said, I had my ? together long before I met my chick. When I have kids I will teach them, my niece and any future young family members to avoid certain people, when to say no and not be scared of strangers to be honest. Also how to handle money and to let no one borrow ? . The dos and don'ts of dating and to be book and street smart using common sense. Once they soak in that knowledge then they can do great things and help others.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Options

I tell you this here...I asked this kid he was about 7 years old...what he wanted to be when he get my age..and the dude said a rapper...he may have said a basketball player I can't remember but it was one of the two..and I was like why not be a scientist or a airport director...I kid you not..lil dude said nga please...lol..so I was like what's wrong with that..and he walked off like I ? him off lol..smh...teach our kids what??

the kid obviously needed knowledge on why he should of been one
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @ice_cold..

If we as a race relocate to Mars..just black folks..Every black folk goes to Mars to start a new life

first we have to all vote on if we wanna go there in the first place, we have to think about us and the children's safety
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    @ice_cold..

It depends on culture and to fuse the strong suit of cultural strength based on scientific analysis. One Husband and one Wife and children is the best sound family practice, everyone can agree with. Praying to Allah or Yahweh is your own thing and should not be use to create tensions between one and another. With these examples we could use and better ourself, if we cannot prove it than there is no reason to divide, if one is proven right and the other is not and people still latch on to the wrong scientifically proven ideology or tradition than it's acceptable to be against them.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    ice_cold wrote: »

the kid obviously needed knowledge on why he should of been one

He should but too...I don't wanna ? on rappers..some are talented and thats their callin or whatnot...but I guess my thing wit some of the youth and what we have fail as black folks.(some) is not allowing that kid to have options..the kid may grow up to be the best rapper or basketball player..who knows..but we fail to broaden out the kids minds...us a black folks..

I feel in other races....kids have choices to become something right out the gate are unlimited they see their choices..they have many paths to take...In our race..the choice are there, but they aint visible becuz we let media brainwash us to become focus on that one thang....last time you heard a black teenager say they wanna become a Veterinarian...me I don't I have never heard one..and I be around teenagers per say..or a pilot..I mean I really wasn't mad he said a rapper, but how he reacted when I threw out other professions was what kinda made me like "oh you just become a victim" "they have you brainwashed"
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    This song is very good for this thread. The stuff Jay mentioned plus the part at the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3q2_vJZ24A
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    Options
    ? somebody embed the video!
  • Knock_Twice
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @ice_cold..

It depends on culture and to fuse the strong suit of cultural strength based on scientific analysis. One Husband and one Wife and children is the best sound family practice, everyone can agree with. Praying to Allah or Yahweh is your own thing and should not be use to create tensions between one and another. With these examples we could use and better ourself, if we cannot prove it than there is no reason to divide, if one is proven right and the other is not and people still latch on to the wrong scientifically proven ideology or tradition than it's acceptable to be against them.

I follow what you saying and it makes sense...that there will play a major factor at keeping peace..
    I agree with the religion standpoint...

I think and this is my opinion..black folks got along and helped one another more so then back in the 40s,50s.60s and 70s, becuz we all aint have ? ..we all aint have ? together.....we all were striving to better for each other and looked out for one another...I think the separation in classes has hurt us too...

When every black family had one T.V. in the house..one phone...one of something..we gotta along good and we were fending for ourselves more so...we grew our own ? and we put back into our on community...Everyone was the same in sense...which keep our race strong..now everybody is on big me and lil you..and that's has gone to try and out-due one another...I mean IDK..lol...
  • Real Lady2
    Real Lady2 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not against lights kinned people. I don't think you are trying to be white because you are lighter, or wear perms and weaves, because a lot of white women do the same.

I just think it's a mentality of black shame, when you deep down desire to be another race. Be proud of your own.

I think another thing that keeps blacks from progression. Is the mentality that positivity is "square" For many years I was a troubled youth, who got into a lot of negativity. I always wanted to be the square kid. When I started changing my path for the positive, I have to deal with this black mentality of people teasing me because I want to go the right route. In no other race do you see the people adoring negativity. It's one thing to be negative, but it's another thing to never see theres a need to change.

I came to the light at a early age, and it's blacks that are in the 30's and even 40's, who think being trifflin is being "down 2 earth".. I can see getting into trouble as a youth, learning your way.. We all have done things. I may not be a trick or a prostitute but I never was perfect. I just learned the truth at a early age. Some black people seem as if they just do not learn. They repeat the same cycles, and fight against change.

this is the type of mentality that keep us from shining the right way. The other races are growing, changing, evolving.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    @ice_cold..

I follow what you saying and it makes sense...that there will play a major factor at keeping peace..
    I agree with the religion standpoint...

I think and this is my opinion..black folks got along and helped one another more so then back in the 40s,50s.60s and 70s, becuz we all aint have ? ..we all aint have ? together.....we all were striving to better for each other and looked out for one another...I think the separation in classes has hurt us too...

When every black family had one T.V. in the house..one phone...one of something..we gotta along good and we were fending for ourselves more so...we grew our own ? and we put back into our on community...Everyone was the same in sense...which keep our race strong..now everybody is on big me and lil you..and that's has gone to try and out-due one another...I mean IDK..lol...

Right, if you look at the music people eat that ? up. People have no idea how to strengthen bonds, you have to ? your ego and pride because you will have a fall.
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To quote Eric B. and Rakim, "Teach the children"
    Education is the way out from poverty and to improve the community.
    The future is looking good for black folk actually. Increasing number of black woman attending and graduating from college is a positive look. Their children are more likely to attend college and that's definitely going to change the lifestyle.