Your "Unpopular" Wrestling Opinions

Comments

• Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the first Jim Cornette shoots is actually rather good. The stories about working Memphis and Louisiana are fun as ? .
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    aces & eights sux
  • Cymicaldane
    with all the things coming out about WWE 13, the game will have a national park size hype to live up to. I hope its worth it :-)
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    The Excellence of Execution Bret "The Hitman" Hart

The Best there is
    The Best there was
    The Best there ever will be.

• m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    I think that JBL was the last great heel champ....and i think his title reign was the best booked as well since forever
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    dolph ziggler is wack as ? i cant take anybody that was in spirit squad seriously
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Bobby Roode vs James Storm Bound For Glory match is not only match of the year but maybe the best match so far this decade.
  • Cymicaldane
    dolph ziggler is wack as ? i cant take anybody that was in spirit squad seriously

co sign. But i do prefer him over Jack Swagger though

• Cymicaldane
    Not as much a thought thing but
    MIKE GRAHAM PASSES AWAY
    By Mike Johnson on 2012-10-19 13:00:15 Michael Gossett, best known professionally as Mike Graham, the son of late Championship Wrestling from Florida promoter Eddie Graham, passed away today at the age of 61. We don't have details at this time beyond that he was in Daytona, Florida for Bike Week with his wife and was found deceased.
    Graham, a tremendously gifted in-ring performer from a technical standpoint, was trained by Hiro Matsuda, Boris Malenko and his father in the early 1970s and had a long run as a babyface in the Florida territory but made appearances for the WWF, AWA and other promotions as well. He had won just about every championship there was in the old Florida territory and had several stints as the AWA Light Heavyweight champion.

Graham closed out his regular in-ring career in the early 1990s for WCW before becoming a road agent for the company and was off and on with WCW as a trainer and producer until the company closed in 2001.

Graham was also involved in several start-up companies in the 1980s and 1990s, often trying to recapture the magic of the old Florida territory, most notably with PWF in Florida, which featured Dusty Rhodes returning to the State as its top star following his run as booker for Crockett Promotions, as well as talents like Dustin Rhodes, Big Steel Man (Fred "Typhoon" Ottman), and others. He was also involved in Rhodes' Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling and Jimmy Hart's XWF.

Graham, a staple in the Florida wrestling scene for his entire life, still appeared occasionally on legends events promoted by WrestleReunion and similar promotions and appeared on several of the early Legends of Wrestling roundtable discussion shows produced by WWE's 24/7 Video on Demand channel. He accepted his father's posthumous WWE Hall of Fame induction over Wrestlemania 24 weekend, showcasing a large photo he was giving WWE of an old NWA convention gathering of promoters.

Graham was also involved in the training of a number of talents who broke in during the 1980s and 1990s.

Graham maintained ownership of the tape library of his father's promotion and refused to sell to WWE until he got what he wanted to, often commenting and advising others that he wasn't going to let anyone back a truck up and take his family legacy away for nothing. In the end, he did sell the library with an alleged seven figure price-tag. At the World Wrestling Legends 6:05 Reunion PPV, where Graham wrestled, JJ Dillon quipped on the mic that he looked like someone who thought "he won a million dollars", a reference to the pricetag.

Our deepest condolences to the family, friends and fans of Mike Graham. We'll have more details as we receive them.

First Brain Damage of CZW/IWA:MS and now this
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aces & Eights are the worst Sons of Anarchy knockoffs I've seen thus far. But with the right script writers WWE
    can revamp the NWO with the right wrestlers of course.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At Hell in the Cell, why don't they just have Ryback beat the living ? outta Punk, then just walk out?

-It would play to what Cena said about Ryback not caring about the title, and only wanting to beat some ass.

-It would save both Ryback's winning streak, and Punk's title reign.

-It would save the plan for Rock vs. Punk @ Royal Rumble.

-And the heel promo that Punk cuts on Raw the next night would be a heat magnet.
    Imagine Punk cutting a promo about being the champion, despite everyone seeing him get the ? beat outta him.
    But it would draw heat, because he's still the champ.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    ^ man someone send that ? to WWE
  • Cymicaldane
    So i watched trough some pre-philly XPW today.
    Highlights (depends on what position you are sitting in) included:
    - Rob Black talking to a african american Santa Claus doll called N.C., a teddy bear named Rollo and a Japanese doll called Sulu. These characters interact with Black and anyone who walks into his office, no I am not ? around.
    - Black’s assistant Kevin Kleinrock who is getting pushed around by pretty much everyone in the company
    - A storyline where some wannabe tough guys (maybe in the early 1980's) kidnaps Blacks wife Lizzy Borden, because Black stole his car or something like that
    - Then theres XPWs version of Stone Cold, "White Trash" Johnny Webb and his girl Jessica searching for a dude named Homeless Jimmy, who is...homeless. They run into Jessicas ex-boyfriend and his monster of a buddy (who is dressed up like a gimp)
    - They even broadcast a Onita vs Hayabusa match from Japan. Which is nice, considering that their plans to put Onita in with Sabu hit the toilet
    - And then there is the announcers Kris Kloss and Larry Rivera. Who are really annoying most of the time. Somewhere out in cyberspace, somebody described Kloss as "someone who tries to talk like he's Joey Styles and makes a constant mockery of him by screaming like a ? junkie drinking helium"
    - For all the companys shortcomings, its great wrestling...if you are hosting a drinking game.

Pick up PWG from the beginning instead. Their Armdrag drinking game will have you wasted by match 3
  • Cymicaldane
    So err. Marty Jannetty went in deep last night:
    (the caps lock also seemed to be stuck while he wrote)
    IM GONNA ASK ALL OF YOU..LET ME PREFACE THIS WITH , I LOVE YOU DAMIEN(SUNNY'S BF WHO IS TRYING HARD TO DEAL WITH THIS ? ) AND I LOVE YOU SUNNY AKA TAMMY SYTCH..BUT IM BUSTING THIS OUT IN PUBLIC TO SEE IF I'M BEING A ? ON THIS..CAUSE I DONT THINK I AM..I GOT SOME BAD AZZ ANKLES, ? THAT CAME FROM OVER 20 YEARS OF JUMPING OFF TOP ROPES TO CONCRETE FLOORS(AND MORE, JUST SAYING), AND, AND I HA
    VE A TOP DR IN ""THE WORLD" WHO HAS SAID IT APPEARS TO BE FROM THAT...AND WWE IS STILL MAKING MONEY OFF IT..I LOVE WWE AND EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH IT..BUT, I'M TIRED OF HURTING..IM TIRED OF HAVING A MILK JUG NEXT TO MY BED BECAUSE IT HURTS MORE TO WALK TO THE BATHROOM THAN TO HOLD THE ? ..AND WHEN I CANT HOLD IT NO MORE, I ROLL OVER AND USE THE MILK JUG...NOW ? ME(SORRY BOUT THE LANGUAGE), IF IT MAKES SENSE, THAT WWE WILL TAKE CARE OF MY FRIEND, NOTHING AGAINST HER, BUT WILL COVER HER WITH REHAB AFTER 5 TIMES IN JAIL FOR ??? BEING ? UP ? ?? BUT, AINT GONNA COVER MY ASS FOR FUUUCKED UP ANKLES FROM SHAWN AND I'S STYLE OF WRESTLING..WHICH THEY >>>STILL<<< MAKE MONEY ON..PROOF IN THE QUARTERLY ROYALTY CHECKS(..WHAT THE FIZUCK..DO I GOTTA OD ON PAIN MEDS FIRST B4 THEY SAY, "OH, WAIT, WE SHOULD HAVE FIXED HIM, SINCE WE FIXIN SCOTT HALL FOR THE 10TH TIME ON ? "....OH AND BY THE WAY..I ASKED THEM B4 I DID THIS..AND THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE "WELLNESS PROGRAM" (WHICH, IN MY OPINION, IS ONLY THERE BECAUSE OF THE BENOIT SAGA) SHE TOLD ME...NO, I WONT SAY HERE.. BECAUSE I THINK THE WORLD OF HER, BUT HER ANSWER..AINT WHAT WWE WOULD WANNA HEAR IN COURT...PS~? YOU SHAWN..I THOUGHT WE WAS BEING REAL AGAIN..LIKE B4 YOU GOT POSSESSED WITH....SOMETHING IN WWE..AND I STILL LOVE YOU, BUT YOURE GOOD ..ARENT YOU..YOU AINT GOTTA ? IN A BOTTLE .DO YOU?..DAWN MARIE, WITH YO FAKE ASS "WRESTLERS RESCUE"..? YOU YOU TOO..I TOLD YOU NOT TO MENTION THE ANKLES AS IT WOULD COST ME BOOKINGS..YOU DID ANYWAY ON AN INTERVIEW..AND, AS I SAID, IT COSTED ME MANY BOOKINGS..? YOU! YOU AINT DOING ? THE BOYZ..YOU AINT DOING ? FOR ANYTHING BUT YO"SELF ? !!

LET ME JUST PUT THIS OUT FRONT TOO, VINCE, HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD TO ME, I LOVE HIM, SHANE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD TO ME, I LOVE HIS LIL FOLLOW THE ROCKER AROUND FOR GIRLS ASS..STEPHANIE WAS ALWAYS GOOD TO ME, WHEN SHE CAME INTO POWER..JOHNNY LAURA,,LAURA, LAUR, AH HELL ANIMALS BROTHER,AS VP, WAS ALWAYS GOOD TO ME..TRIPLE H, WHO'S NOW VP, HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD TO ME, AND THE ONE GUY WHO PROBABLY HAD MOR
    E POWER(SOMEHOW,HMMM) THAN ANYONE BUT VINCE, SHAWN MICHAELS..WELL, HE PROBABLY MEANT TO BE GOOD TO ME(CHECK HIS HOF SPEECH IF YOU THINK IM JUST BEING JEALOUS..JEALOUS OF WHAT? PLEASE! WHO TAUGHT THE LIL ? )..POINT HERE IS. I LOVE THEM ALL..I LOVE THEM..AND DONT CARE IF THEY DONT LOVE ME BACK..BUT I AM TIRED OF LIVING THE WAY I DO(IN MAJOR ? BUCKET PAIN) WHILE THEY WALK AROUND RUNNING FOR MAJOR POLITICAL OFFICES..AND I'D EVEN VOTE FOR HER IF I COULD VOTE...LOVE EM ALL..BUT ? IT, FIX ME, WITH YO BILLION $$ COMPANY I WAS PART OF BUILDING! ..AND PS~YOU'D MAKE YOUR MONEY BACK, CAUSE I CAN STILL OUT WORK 80% OF YOUR ROSTER!!

IM SORRY YALL, AND I WONT POST NOTHING ELSE 2NIGHT..I FEEL SO BAD FOR DOING THIS, IM SAYING, I FEEL LIKE I STABBED A BROTHER IN THE BACK..MAN MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS BEEN TELLING ME TO ACT ON THIS, FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW..BUT THEY CANT TELL ME HOW TO DO THE THING I LOVE, AND HAVE DONE, AND IS MY LIFE.IN FACT NON OF YALL CAN, UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN HERE..WELL>>..BRET HART SAW MY STANK ASS ANKLES(THEY DONT STINK,LOL..STILL TRYING TO JOKE WITH YALL) RECENTLY AND GOT VERY UPSET, AND WANTS TO PUT ME ON ESPN (HE HAS THE CONNECTIONS TOO) BRET PROLLY WAS DISAPPOINTED THAT I DIDNT JUMP RIGHT ON THAT TOO BUT, THATS WHAT YALL NEED TO KNOW..WWE/WWF IS , TO ME, MY WIFE, MY LIFE..A LOT OF PAST BOYZ HATE THEM..TO ME THATS BECAUSE THEY DIDNT SEE THE BIG PICTURE, ITS BUSINESS..IF U UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN YOU CANT HATE WHEN ITS DONE..YEP, IM DONE..I AINT HATIN..IM HURTIN..I NEVER WANTED YALL TO KNOW THIS, CAUSE MY BOOKINGS WILL NOW DROP OFF..UNLESS, FEED ME 10 VICODINS, THEN I'LL GIVE YOU THE BEST MATCH ON YOUR CARD..AT 50 SOMETHING, I'LL PLEASE THE NEED.. THE CROWD...AND I THINK A LOT OF PEEPS WILL VOUCH FOR ME ON THAT....BUT....IMMA LIVE BY THIS(MY LIFE AKA WRESTLING) IMMA DIE BY THIS IF I HAVE TO...BUT, I SHOULDNT HAVE TO.. MAIN THING I MEANT TO GET TO YALL(UNDERSTAND) I STILL LOVE IT ALL..INCLUDING YALL..I FEEL IM TO YOUNG TO RETIRE FROM IT, IM STILL HAVING FUN WITH IT..BUT,I JUST DONT GET IT, WHEN I WALK INTO A SMALL TOWN RESTAURANT, AND THEY START CHEERING ME AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE I AM, I WONDER, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING..WHY DO I GOT TO ACT LIKE I AINT CRINGING IN PAIN WITH EVERY STEP, TO GO SIGN THESE AUTOGRAPHS..???

dude is in a bad way
  • DOPEdweebz
    There was nothing WCW did wrong in Bret hart's run.. he was giving every important title was made as a legit important member of the nWo on two separate occasions, and never lost to Bill Goldberg. Plus they had him in all the dream matches from vs Sting to vs Benoit, the only thing they coulda done was made him go up against Hulk Hogan and beat him for the title as a face, when Hogan was a heel.

Other than that,, nothing more WCW coulda done with Bret, plus the WCW product was already on its way down causing an already negative bias against it anyhow so no matter what they did right or wrong would have been seen a negative light by its fans and WWF fans anyhow They tried and his last match was pretty much bad luck in continuing anything further with Bret.
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    Some of Ultimate Warriors promos/rants actually made sense

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tha ic is just like WWE full of drama and behind the scenes fuckery

Anyway

HBK was tha biggest ? behind tha scenes early in his career

Dx vs nation battles were epic

Bret hart is a ? crybaby

• Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Triple H should be in everyone's top 10
    Rock's 2011 return - current was ass cheeks
    Cena's rap persona and first couple of title runs were entertaining
    Bret Hart is the greatest but also a cry baby
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    besides being a good in ring performer, ziggler aint ? . we seen his character before and he brings nothing special to it

besides the rock, cena in his rapping gimmick is the closest thing we'll ever get to another black wwe champion

im a fan of cm punk but he is amazingly overrated. even though he is very good he is far from being the best wrestler in the world. dude has become boring since the summer, unless he's being a smartass he's rarely convincing on the mic anymore. plus his flying elbow is one of the sloppiest and ugliest flying elbows i've ever seen

punk's heel turn last year provided more interest, but i still stand by this post
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    - I don't hate Cena, don't mind his title reigns, or when he wins clean
    - Internet fans need to ? , im tired of hearing of smarks complain that WWE needs to push the same 5-6 wrestlers who they would end up hating anyway because of that same push (not so much on the ic, but more so other forums/news sites)
    - Brad Maddox needs to be fired
    - The Rock's recent title reign should NEVER have happened, it sucked and I'm a big Rock fan btw
    - WrestleMania 29 was (predictably) criminally underrated
    - Stone Cold is the GOAT wrestling hero
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dudleys are the greatest tag team ever
    Shawn michael in the 2000s was so average it outshines his 90s greatness
    Ecw is the reason wwe is as big as it is
    Mankind had the greatest promos.. so sadistic and closed it out wit "have a nice day"
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2013
    Bad Influence - The TNA version of Christian and Edge
  • DOPEdweebz
  • DOPEdweebz