Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeminiRose wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I didnt read but in fairness. Most of you ? REALLY aint ? . So Im sure its at least 35% truth in that wall of Niggress hate.

That said most human beings in general arent worth a ? so its not necessarily race centric. The only real problem is people dont realize the person they attract says a lot about them. Easier to blame others than look internally.

If your Girlfriends are all attractive but stupid it says you're shallow.

If your boyfriends keep beating you it says you need to learn to ? or keep your hands to yourself.

They things you go through in your relationships say a lot about YOU more than they say about the other person. And until everybody white, black or otherwise can admit that they will continue on that same bitter road. Not to say that everything is YOUR fault. But your reaction to everything because your responsibility.

I think the fact that a good number of people still don't really socialize outside their direct race/ethnic group for the most part still contributes to many of the "grass is greener on the other side" or "I bet *whatever race i'm not of men/women don't do this" thought processes by people. I say it often that one of the main reason that black men seem to go so hard on black women and not women of any other race/ethnicity is because the majority still only deal with black woman so when they complain about women as a whole, because 98.9% of their experience with women are with black women that's who they're directing it at. If they had more experiences with different women they'd see the complaints are pretty much the same across the board.

But there are real differences between black and non-black women. To mention just one, non-black women won't turn down a brother anywhere near as much for not sounding stereotypically black. Don't try to act like there aren't some cultural differences between blacks and whites.

You can say the same about black men!

That is news to me.

Some black men won't take a chance on a different type of black chick. And don't let her speak proper! An associate of mine said she used to speak proper but switched up her speech so she could date black men. I have that problem sometimes with black men. They judge me the wrong way until they get to know me and see I'm "down". Lol

like i said before...most black women speak proper.

you really have to be close to the projects to not speak proper as a black woman
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i really like this thread.

i was told the other day that i don't have an accurate image of a male role model [a.k.a. 'daddy'] because i don't have a father. the only problem that i have with that statement is that i know for a fact men can be/are financially responsible. men can be assertive in what they want from a woman and so forth and so on. these are things that i see on a daily basis IRL. i come across men who want someone who can be supportive without always being the victim.
    A poster said that 'women were the backbone in the civil rights movement'. that is a very true statement, however, they had something to fight for. what exactly is a woman to fight for when her man isn't showing the signs of wanting better for themselves?

i honestly feel as though there needs to be a better dialogue between people of color. there are problems that face men and women, but it is up to us to support each other. it's not about who goes through what. it's about going through the storm- together.

however, you don't have to lower your standards to be with someone. that seems to be a problem that successful black people seem to have. that's why you'll see doctor's with these hood hoes.

when we say lower your standards....we are coming from an angle of these women create the image of a perfect man in their head an try to match a real life guy with it.

it can almost be impossible to compete with that. but when they do find it...they dont have anything to bring to the table that makes her a contender in his eyes. so he dogs her out...an now she mad.

we are just saying be realistic about what you want, not what you think you want to make you look good or make your life easy.

and if you think like that with out a dad...props...teach some of these other chicks how to think like that
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    indyman87 wrote: »
    IMO I think that Black Women and Women in general are too scared to fall in love. They do not want to fall deeply in love. They marry because of convience, out of necessity, marry for money etc...
    They love dating and marrying Bad boys. It's not just a Mary J Blige song. They're all about the drama. monica1.gifBut you never hear Black Men saying they want to marry a bad girl. On the whole we're not about all that drama.

your right...but its because they think the bad guys are fun an will protect them...an a man that acts like he has sense is corny an cant protect them because he rather be diplomatic.

there whole image of a man is fuked up.

like you said...guys dont want to marry some wreckless chick...they are for ? an moving on but not marrying. we dont put too much into marrying for money or stability.

for most of us, if we choose you its because we love you...nothing more.

funny how no more chicks coming back in here.

We're too busy ? our black men.

the same worthless ? that chicks complain about?
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO I think that Black Women and Women in general are too scared to fall in love. They do not want to fall deeply in love. They marry because of convience, out of necessity, marry for money etc...
    They love dating and marrying Bad boys. It's not just a Mary J Blige song. They're all about the drama. monica1.gifBut you never hear Black Men saying they want to marry a bad girl. On the whole we're not about all that drama.

your right...but its because they think the bad guys are fun an will protect them...an a man that acts like he has sense is corny an cant protect them because he rather be diplomatic.

like you said...guys dont want to marry some wreckless chick...they are for ? an moving on but not marrying. we dont put too much into marrying for money or stability.

So now all black women only date/are married to worthless ? ??

None of the black women here agreed with op, ? I didn't even read the whole thing because it was so poorly written, so why are you going so hard?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I refuse to read all that ?
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

i was told the other day that i don't have an accurate image of a male role model [a.k.a. 'daddy'] because i don't have a father. the only problem that i have with that statement is that i know for a fact men can be/are financially responsible. men can be assertive in what they want from a woman and so forth and so on. these are things that i see on a daily basis IRL. i come across men who want someone who can be supportive without always being the victim.
    A poster said that 'women were the backbone in the civil rights movement'. that is a very true statement, however, they had something to fight for. what exactly is a woman to fight for when her man isn't showing the signs of wanting better for themselves?

i honestly feel as though there needs to be a better dialogue between people of color. there are problems that face men and women, but it is up to us to support each other. it's not about who goes through what. it's about going through the storm- together.

however, you don't have to lower your standards to be with someone. that seems to be a problem that successful black people seem to have. that's why you'll see doctor's with these hood hoes.

In my opinion if a woman grew up without a father in the house then how can that women even know what a man is? She might know what a male is but not a man

well..i grew up with a father figure. he may not have been a good one, but he was there nonetheless. so i think that for me to expect a man to be financially responsible or for a man to pay attention to my needs, as i am with him. i don't think it's unreasonable to expect what i put in. relationships are 100/100.

when we say lower your standards....we are coming from an angle of these women create the image of a perfect man in their head an try to match a real life guy with it.

it can almost be impossible to compete with that. but when they do find it...they dont have anything to bring to the table that makes her a contender in his eyes. so he dogs her out...an now she mad.

we are just saying be realistic about what you want, not what you think you want to make you look good or make your life easy.

and if you think like that with out a dad...props...teach some of these other chicks how to think like that

the underlined is what i was told my problem was. however, it's NOT unrealistic for me to want someone financially responsible. not because i want to go out, but because i don't want to hear about your car getting re-po'd or because i want you to have enough gas to go run your errands. honestly, i like people who have put themselves in positions so that they can live how they want.
    i'll admit that communication isn't easy, but it should be made clear about your expectations from your partner. i think that the problem is that women start implementing these standards when it's too late. *sigh*
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

In my opinion if a woman grew up without a father in the house then how can that women even know what a man is? She might know what a male is but not a man

well..i grew up with a father figure. he may not have been a good one, but he was there nonetheless. so i think that for me to expect a man to be financially responsible or for a man to pay attention to my needs, as i am with him. i don't think it's unreasonable to expect what i put in. relationships are 100/100.

the underlined is what i was told my problem was. however, it's NOT unrealistic for me to want someone financially responsible. not because i want to go out, but because i don't want to hear about your car getting re-po'd or because i want you to have enough gas to go run your errands. honestly, i like people who have put themselves in positions so that they can live how they want.
    i'll admit that communication isn't easy, but it should be made clear about your expectations from your partner. i think that the problem is that women start implementing these standards when it's too late. *sigh*

communication is very easy...when respect is given all the way around.
    that way we can disagree without making someone feel belittled.

but sometimes being financially responsible....you might have a few hiccups an things may happen along the way. ? one time i was down the egg salad sandwiches for like 3-4 days straight an got clowned for it...but now its dinner on the second level of the eiffel tower and no one is laughing. so sometimes things come up. but what some of these ladies need to look at potential and not the already made.

how many ladies do you know that want an already established man?
    how many want to build with a man with nothing but has potential?

a majority dont wanna work...they want it given to them already made.

as far as expectations...you can put it out there...just be realistic.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »

So now all black women only date/are married to worthless ? ??

None of the black women here agreed with op, ? I didn't even read the whole thing because it was so poorly written, so why are you going so hard?

naw sweetie...it was just a stab for fun....nothing meant by it
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options

communication is very easy...when respect is given all the way around.
    that way we can disagree without making someone feel belittled.

but sometimes being financially responsible....you might have a few hiccups an things may happen along the way. ? one time i was down the egg salad sandwiches for like 3-4 days straight an got clowned for it...but now its dinner on the second level of the eiffel tower and no one is laughing. so sometimes things come up. but what some of these ladies need to look at potential and not the already made.

how many ladies do you know that want an already established man?
    how many want to build with a man with nothing but has potential?

a majority dont wanna work...they want it given to them already made.

as far as expectations...you can put it out there...just be realistic.

oh, how the wool has been uncovered from my eyes in such a few short posts..
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I didnt read but in fairness. Most of you ? REALLY aint ? . So Im sure its at least 35% truth in that wall of Niggress hate.

That said most human beings in general arent worth a ? so its not necessarily race centric. The only real problem is people dont realize the person they attract says a lot about them. Easier to blame others than look internally.

If your boyfriends keep beating you it says you need to learn to ? or keep your hands to yourself.

They things you go through in your relationships say a lot about YOU more than they say about the other person. And until everybody white, black or otherwise can admit that they will continue on that same bitter road. Not to say that everything is YOUR fault. But your reaction to everything because your responsibility.

I think the fact that a good number of people still don't really socialize outside their direct race/ethnic group for the most part still contributes to many of the "grass is greener on the other side" or "I bet *whatever race i'm not of men/women don't do this" thought processes by people. I say it often that one of the main reason that black men seem to go so hard on black women and not women of any other race/ethnicity is because the majority still only deal with black woman so when they complain about women as a whole, because 98.9% of their experience with women are with black women that's who they're directing it at. If they had more experiences with different women they'd see the complaints are pretty much the same across the board.

But there are real differences between black and non-black women. To mention just one, non-black women won't turn down a brother anywhere near as much for not sounding stereotypically black. Don't try to act like there aren't some cultural differences between blacks and whites.

false.....guys will talk to anyone thats fine...

And men don't do the same thing??? And I often see a dude that will pass up a classy black woman for a ghetto hoodrat Shaniqua. Happens all the time bro! Both black women and men have issues and we need to work on it!

Probably cause Shaniqua a freak, and she busting it open.

And Stacey can't be one too? See that's the problem. Men think these hoodrats are putting it down in the bedroom, not all are!
  • GeminiRose
    Options

And men don't do the same thing??? And I often see a dude that will pass up a classy black woman for a ghetto hoodrat Shaniqua. Happens all the time bro! Both black women and men have issues and we need to work on it!

thats because classy chicks tend to be high maintenance,. we are saving ourselves a headache.

what are chicks passing up the same type of dude for?

So you rather be with someone that's ratchet? Not all classy women are high maintenance. Define high maintenance please?

I agree that chicks is passing up classy black men for the Tyrones (thugs).

• GeminiRose
    Options

That is news to me.

Some black men won't take a chance on a different type of black chick. And don't let her speak proper! An associate of mine said she used to speak proper but switched up her speech so she could date black men. I have that problem sometimes with black men. They judge me the wrong way until they get to know me and see I'm "down". Lol

you really have to be close to the projects to not speak proper as a black woman

I'm the living proof that this is false!
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    can someone define "classy". I don't consider myself a classy black man. I just consider myself the average joe. I'm not an athlete, entertainer, or making a whole of money (yet). Nor am I thug or criminal. I'm just trying my best to get by with what little resources I have. What range does this put me in? I have often heard brothers say that if you aren't in the extreme on one side of the spectrum, sisters will pass you up. What chance does an average everyday brother like me have with the avg. American black women of 2013?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    The constant ? match of "I have it worse I'm a black man" "No I have it worse I'm a black woman"...maybe if both sides acknowledge that each other has it rough and stop trying to be win the award for Who Got ? Over The Most some strides could be made

Alot of ya'll who cosigned this post are doing this exact thing. You know it's part of the problem yet you still continue to do it.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    can someone define "classy". I don't consider myself a classy black man. I just consider myself the average joe. I'm not an athlete, entertainer, or making a whole of money (yet). Nor am I thug or criminal. I'm just trying my best to get by with what little resources I have. What range does this put me in? I have often heard brothers say that if you aren't in the extreme on one side of the spectrum, sisters will pass you up. What chance does an average everyday brother like me have with the avg. American black women of 2013?

it puts you in the 'regular ? ' category. hoes don't like 'regular'. they don't want someone who comes home every day after work or treats them nice. they don't know how to react to that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sisters will pass you up.
  • GeminiRose
    Options

Sounds like class to me........

• GeminiRose
    Options

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The constant ? match of "I have it worse I'm a black man" "No I have it worse I'm a black woman"...maybe if both sides acknowledge that each other has it rough and stop trying to be win the award for Who Got ? Over The Most some strides could be made

Alot of ya'll who cosigned this post are doing this exact thing. You know it's part of the problem yet you still continue to do it.
    @pralims
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like a regular man who does what he suppose to do in society and the ladies will pass you up who are even less than you. You have probably actual skills if a crisis happens and they don't.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

That is news to me.

I'm the living proof that this is false!

well i did say most
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

it puts you in the 'regular ? ' category. hoes don't like 'regular'. they don't want someone who comes home every day after work or treats them nice. they don't know how to react to that.

would you say that identifies a larger number of black women or a small percentage?

But how is that class? What is you definition of class. What would you call a young white guy whose life is identical to mine. Would you identify him as being classy or just the avg white guy?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

Probably cause Shaniqua a freak, and she busting it open.

And Stacey can't be one too? See that's the problem. Men think these hoodrats are putting it down in the bedroom, not all are!

but most of those ratchet chicks...dont act all stuck up like they cant put they mouth on a ? .

one thing i learned is that alot of high maintenance chicks dont feel like they have to fukk good..they feel like you should be honored they are letting you hit it an they dont have to do extra work. why you think so many pretty chicks are getting cheated on with ugly chicks or walmart workers
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i have realized that some chicks want a thug or no good ? so they can complain an not feel left out when her friends are complaining.

think about it...most chicks dont want someone around with a good life whos man treats them right. some dont even encourage it.

i know alot of dudes that will tell another man....you should chill you got a good woman.
    how many women tell their friend to chill , they got a good man? they rather see them unhappy.

then you have the chicks that need someone fukked up to be with because if they had a good man ...then they gotta act like a good woman otherwise she will look like a fool in public.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    i have realized that some chicks want a thug or no good ? so they can complain an not feel left out when her friends are complaining.

think about it...most chicks dont want someone around with a good life whos man treats them right. some dont even encourage it.

i know alot of dudes that will tell another man....you should chill you got a good woman.
    how many women tell their friend to chill , they got a good man? they rather see them unhappy.

then you have the chicks that need someone fukked up to be with because if they had a good man ...then they gotta act like a good woman otherwise she will look like a fool in public.

it's sounds like your describing someone whose severely mentally ill